04-03-2012 04:09 PM
61 123
tools
    Errr... Point of order? If you flash Bumblebee R0M, and then the anykernel IMMEDIATELY after you can use the R0M (sans kernel) on the newer phones. This was what I was doing for a while until I got on the BACKside R0M.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Idk I have the old OV...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 10:43 AM
    Errr... Point of order? If you flash Bumblebee R0M, and then the anykernel IMMEDIATELY after you can use the R0M (sans kernel) on the newer phones. This was what I was doing for a while until I got on the BACKside R0M.

Is there a working link to that kernel?

03-29-2012 11:04 AM
    Is there a working link to that kernel?

Here, The Picasticks v7 Kernel that works with both old and new screens.
    03-29-2012 11:12 AM
    Here, The Picasticks v7 Kernel that works with both old and new screens.
    Thanks, so if I replace this in the BB 2.4 zip should I post the thing up since it will work with all phones?

03-29-2012 11:20 AM
    Thanks, so if I replace this in the BB 2.4 zip should I post the thing up since it will work with all phones?

just wanted to say that i'm really looking forward to what you come up with. i've always said i won't go back to Froyo, but i may be inspired to if you come up with something cool!
    03-29-2012 11:46 AM

Honestly I would say no. The original dev hasnt supported it in forever. Its good practice to offer some sort of support if you post this kind of thing.
    03-29-2012 03:39 PM
    Honestly I would say no. The original dev hasnt supported it in forever. Its good practice to offer some sort of support if you post this kind of thing.
    I guess I'll just let people download it on a "PM me at your own risk" basis.

03-29-2012 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the copy of BB. I wanted to compare performance and battery life to Harmonia 1.7. Performance is pretty much the same and battery life is slightly improved.
    03-30-2012 12:04 PM
    Yeah bumblebee is awesome. Its buttery smooth with insane battery life. When I run it my phone never heats up for some reason.

03-30-2012 12:29 PM
    Lucky. MY phone just reboots over and over. Can't even handle the Picastacks kernel.....
    03-30-2012 03:43 PM
    CuriousNoob, I think it's time to unroot, go to stock and send in for new one.
    03-30-2012 03:45 PM
    I was on stock all yesterday, but I'm actually thinking of buying the Triumph during Spring break. Some where between Today and April 8 :P
    03-30-2012 03:55 PM
    I'm actually thinking of buying the Triumph
    :screwy::banghead:

Quick, someone get this man a working Optimus V, before he does something horrible to himself!!!

03-30-2012 06:25 PM
    Haha, you guys make me laugh.

I'm still gonna use this phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-30-2012 06:33 PM
    Haha, you guys make me laugh.

I'm still gonna use this phone

isnt the one v gunna come out late spring lol i would wait. just a thought though

03-30-2012 06:40 PM

I don't see why not. Kernal is located in the boot.img just in case you didn't know.

03-30-2012 07:23 PM
    I don't see why not. Kernal is located in the boot.img just in case you didn't know.

Thats the problem. The kernel update zip doesn't have a boot.img in it... there's the /kernel folder and some random stuff inside it so it looks like its not as simple as replacing the boot.img in the BB rom. I may try combining all the files in the /kernel folder and see if that flashes correctly and allows old Vs to see the screen.

03-30-2012 09:00 PM
    Ok so I combined the pica kernel with the Bumblebee rom by pulling the files from one zip to another. The only problem I had was the updater scripts in META-INF/com/google/ the updater-script and updater-binary. There is a set for each zip, so I just left one set out (the original for the rom) so it executed the kernel script when I flashed it and it subsequently failed to overwrite the old system files. It was the weirdest thing... after it finished flashing, I rebooted only to see the image from jerry's iho rom (that had been running before) and then more to my suprise I saw the bumblebee boot animation... I walked out of the room to say goodbye to some friends that were leaving, fully expecting to come back to a bootloop.
    Then came the third suprise, it booted fine, I looked in settings and sure enough the pica kernel had stuck, but I had the cm7 apps still in my app drawer :mindexplodes: then I noticed that it was only a couple that were compatible with BB that showed up.

The moral of the story is that I have to find a way to get both zips into one zip in order to make it as painless as possible for newer OVs... but I'm not sure how to include all the scripts since they are named the same thing. Can I just change their names so they don't overwrite eachother when I copy them in?

Btw, the messed flash of iho bumblee picastick kernel is running fine, my internal memory is just low because the rom didn't cear out the old files.

03-30-2012 11:15 PM
    Thats the problem. The kernel update zip doesn't have a boot.img in it... there's the /kernel folder and some random stuff inside it so it looks like its not as simple as replacing the boot.img in the BB rom. I may try combining all the files in the /kernel folder and see if that flashes correctly and allows old Vs to see the screen.

Im pretty sure you have to go into the boot.img and replace the kernal.
    anthonycr likes this.
    03-30-2012 11:27 PM
    Ok so I combined the pica kernel with the Bumblebee rom by pulling the files from one zip to another. The only problem I had was the updater scripts in META-INF/com/google/ the updater-script and updater-binary. There is a set for each zip, so I just left one set out (the original for the rom) so it executed the kernel script when I flashed it and it subsequently failed to overwrite the old system files. It was the weirdest thing... after it finished flashing, I rebooted only to see the image from jerry's iho rom (that had been running before) and then more to my suprise I saw the bumblebee boot animation... I walked out of the room to say goodbye to some friends that were leaving, fully expecting to come back to a bootloop.
    Why not just grab Harmonious Bumblebee, it's basically what you are building.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    03-30-2012 11:32 PM
    Why not just grab Harmonious Bumblebee, it's basically what you are building.
    That is an even better idea, but I don't think there is any reason for my madness other than the sudden urge to play around with the old bumblebee myself. There probably isn't a need to resurrect what has already died.

I'm really just trying to understand more about android, trying to learn as much as possible without getting sucked into the addiction of building and maintaining roms

03-30-2012 11:48 PM
    I'm really just trying to understand more about android, trying to learn as much as possible without getting sucked into the addiction of building and maintaining roms
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-30-2012 11:51 PM
    I want cookies...
    03-31-2012 02:42 AM
    That is an even better idea, but I don't think there is any reason for my madness other than the sudden urge to play around with the old bumblebee myself. There probably isn't a need to resurrect what has already died.

Bumblebees come back every summer. ;D

03-31-2012 04:28 AM
    Deleted
    03-31-2012 08:27 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD