Anyone have copy of Bumblebee rom?

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, so if I replace this in the BB 2.4 zip should I post the thing up since it will work with all phones?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I don't see why not. Kernal is located in the boot.img just in case you didn't know.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why not. Kernal is located in the boot.img just in case you didn't know.

Thats the problem. The kernel update zip doesn't have a boot.img in it... there's the /kernel folder and some random stuff inside it so it looks like its not as simple as replacing the boot.img in the BB rom. I may try combining all the files in the /kernel folder and see if that flashes correctly and allows old Vs to see the screen.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I combined the pica kernel with the Bumblebee rom by pulling the files from one zip to another. The only problem I had was the updater scripts in META-INF/com/google/ the updater-script and updater-binary. There is a set for each zip, so I just left one set out (the original for the rom) so it executed the kernel script when I flashed it and it subsequently failed to overwrite the old system files. It was the weirdest thing... after it finished flashing, I rebooted only to see the image from jerry's iho rom (that had been running before) and then more to my suprise I saw the bumblebee boot animation... I walked out of the room to say goodbye to some friends that were leaving, fully expecting to come back to a bootloop.
Then came the third suprise, it booted fine, I looked in settings and sure enough the pica kernel had stuck, but I had the cm7 apps still in my app drawer :mindexplodes: then I noticed that it was only a couple that were compatible with BB that showed up.

The moral of the story is that I have to find a way to get both zips into one zip in order to make it as painless as possible for newer OVs... but I'm not sure how to include all the scripts since they are named the same thing. Can I just change their names so they don't overwrite eachother when I copy them in?

Btw, the messed flash of iho bumblee picastick kernel is running fine, my internal memory is just low because the rom didn't cear out the old files.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thats the problem. The kernel update zip doesn't have a boot.img in it... there's the /kernel folder and some random stuff inside it so it looks like its not as simple as replacing the boot.img in the BB rom. I may try combining all the files in the /kernel folder and see if that flashes correctly and allows old Vs to see the screen.

Im pretty sure you have to go into the boot.img and replace the kernal.

Reactions: anthonycr

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I combined the pica kernel with the Bumblebee rom by pulling the files from one zip to another. The only problem I had was the updater scripts in META-INF/com/google/ the updater-script and updater-binary. There is a set for each zip, so I just left one set out (the original for the rom) so it executed the kernel script when I flashed it and it subsequently failed to overwrite the old system files. It was the weirdest thing... after it finished flashing, I rebooted only to see the image from jerry's iho rom (that had been running before) and then more to my suprise I saw the bumblebee boot animation... I walked out of the room to say goodbye to some friends that were leaving, fully expecting to come back to a bootloop.
Why not just grab Harmonious Bumblebee, it's basically what you are building.

Reactions: bornagainpenguin

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Why not just grab Harmonious Bumblebee, it's basically what you are building.

That is an even better idea, but I don't think there is any reason for my madness other than the sudden urge to play around with the old bumblebee myself. There probably isn't a need to resurrect what has already died.

I'm really just trying to understand more about android, trying to learn as much as possible without getting sucked into the addiction of building and maintaining roms:p

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That is an even better idea, but I don't think there is any reason for my madness other than the sudden urge to play around with the old bumblebee myself. There probably isn't a need to resurrect what has already died.

I'm really just trying to understand more about android, trying to learn as much as possible without getting sucked into the addiction of building and maintaining roms:p

Bumblebees come back every summer. ;D

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you need a copy of the Bumblebee files, look in the Bumblebee thread on xda. A helpful member has posted what seems to be all the original files. WARNING: Use at your own risk. These are not posted by the original developer, so there is no guarantee. This will most likely also result the black screen for phones with the newer Hitachi screens as this ROM was developed before these screens were used on the V.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
This will most likely also result the black screen for phones with the newer Hitachi screens as this ROM was developed before these screens were used on the V.

Unless you flash the pickasticks anykernel linked to earlier in the thread, IMMEDIATELY after flashing the Bumblebee R0M. Then you should be okay.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just updated the Bumblebee ROM to work with the new screens. I have uploaded it to mediafire, but before I give out a link for people to freely download, I am looking for one brave tester with a NEW screen, to see if they encounter any problems. It indicates that the kernel is now compatible, but I need someone to verify that before I give out a link and people come crying that their screen is black. Also, when I post a link, does anyone have a suggestion as where to post it? should I just start a new thread, or should I post on the old Bumblebee thread. Thanks.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Should I post on the old Bumblebee thread. Thanks.

Post it on the Bumblebee and massage the dev for permission to start a new one with the updated ROM. It does look like you have come to the darkside, it you are using Linux then you truly have come to the darkside.

Off to eat some cookies.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just updated the Bumblebee ROM to work with the new screens. I have uploaded it to mediafire, but before I give out a link for people to freely download, I am looking for one brave tester with a NEW screen, to see if they encounter any problems. It indicates that the kernel is now compatible, but I need someone to verify that before I give out a link and people come crying that their screen is black. Also, when I post a link, does anyone have a suggestion as where to post it? should I just start a new thread, or should I post on the old Bumblebee thread. Thanks.

I would do it, but my phone can't handle Bumblebee. :banghead:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Post it on the Bumblebee and massage the dev for permission to start a new one with the updated ROM. It does look like you have come to the darkside, it you are using Linux then you truly have come to the darkside.

Off to eat some cookies.

Ha ha ha, I am halfway to the darkside: I am now addicted to decompiling and recompiling apps, editing ROM zips, and theming, the only thing left to do is partition my hard drive so I can boot linux and build RoMs like a boss:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital