Ok, so a bunch of months ago I rooted my sister's phone and put Mirage IHO on it for her. A month or two later, it began restarting occasionally. It progressively got worse, so I updated it to a newer build. That did nothing, the problem still persisted. So, 2 or so weekends ago, I completely redid it.Backed up all her apps with TiBackup, and her texts, and made a backup of the SD card. I formatted the card from her phone, transferred the ROM and GApps over to it, and checked their MD5's with an app still present on the internal memory. Everything matched up, so I booted into recovery, did a factory reset, wiped everything 3x, and flashed. I used Backside, which is completely stable on my phone. Her phone now restarts 10-15 times a day.

I heard the SD Card can cause this. I also didn't wipe boot, as it never says to on the IHO wiki. I also hear restoring apps with TiBackup can cause restarts. Any ideas on what might be causing hers? Should I wipe everything and start over again, but wipe boot this time as well? She doesn't want to buy a new SD card. Is there something else that might be causing this?

Thanks!
    03-25-2012 08:56 PM
    SDCARDS can cause issues like this to happen.. That would be somewhere I would look at first.. Maybe consider running the phone for a while without the SDCARD in place and if the reboots stop there is your answer...

Otherwise, restoring apps with Titanium or MyBackup can cause probs too.. Normally we recommend data only restores to minimize problems....

I would try pulling the sdcard for a while see if that does anything then go from there problem solving..
    03-25-2012 09:04 PM
    I believe you. I was deleting something from my sd card earlier and the phone froze, then restarted.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-25-2012 09:07 PM
    If you can post the following file after one of these reboots, we might be able to figure it out:
    /proc/last_kmsg

You can either use a root capable file manager to copy it to your sdcard, then transfer however you like, or use adb:
    Code:
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg last_kmsg
    Open it in a test editor, then copy&paste into pastebin.com, then post the pastebin url here.
    03-25-2012 09:32 PM
    SDCARDS can cause issues like this to happen.. That would be somewhere I would look at first.. Maybe consider running the phone for a while without the SDCARD in place and if the reboots stop there is your answer...

Otherwise, restoring apps with Titanium or MyBackup can cause probs too.. Normally we recommend data only restores to minimize problems....

I would try pulling the sdcard for a while see if that does anything then go from there problem solving..
    That's a good idea, I never thought of pulling the SD card instead of putting a new one in.

If you can post the following file after one of these reboots, we might be able to figure it out:
    /proc/last_kmsg

You can either use a root capable file manager to copy it to your sdcard, then transfer however you like, or use adb:
    Code:
    adb pull /proc/last_kmsg last_kmsg
    Open it in a test editor, then copy&paste into pastebin.com, then post the pastebin url here.

Ok, thanks Jerry, I'll do that when I get home.

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V
    03-26-2012 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD