Alright, I know, I'm stupid - I was in recovery mode and moronically did the LG Factory reset everyone says NEVER TO DO.

So now I'm stuck in blue fastboot with my optimus V. Can't go back into recovery - it just keeps bringing me back here.

I tried connecting with ADB using my mac.

But when I user terminal and put in:
    Users/.../Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb devices

I get this, followed by nothing.

List of devices attached:

If nothing comes up, does that mean I am totally screwed?

When I plug my phone into the USB of my comp, it says "fastboot: processing commands"... any chance that is a good sign?

I just want to know if I should give up already. Been looking at forum posts for the past four hours trying to figure this out...

Thank you for any help!
    03-25-2012 10:53 PM
    If you installed the Android SDK then you have Fastboot and that is what you need to communicate with your phone. You can us it to flash a new recovery. There are guides on how this is done, I have never used ti myself.

Fastboot should be in the same folder that adb is in, so instead of entering "adb" in cmd, enter "fastboot."
    03-26-2012 12:56 AM
    The factory reset found in recovery mode doesn't do anything bad.... you can just boot right back into recovery like I said on the other thread.

Sent via the Postal Service
    03-26-2012 06:37 AM
    The factory reset found in recovery mode doesn't do anything bad.... you can just boot right back into recovery like I said on the other thread.

EDIT: Never mind, I went to the other thread and realized that after following my instructions you messed up again ohh boy.

But if you reset it from within recovery, there should be no problem and you SHOULD be able to get right back into recovery. The reset in recovery is safe... if you can get back into recovery, attach your phone to your computer and mount USB storage from within recovery.

03-26-2012 06:53 AM
    I can't seem to get back into recovery mode like I did earlier anthonycr. When I hold home, volume down, and power, it just shows me Android 'unpackaging' graphic and says Android system recovery, formatting cache...factory reset, rebooting.. and then goes back to blue fastboot screen.

I read instructions for ADB shell and have been trying to use that, but like I said, nothing is listed under attached devices when I do command "adb devices" in terminal which makes me think either I am doing it wrong or am a lost cause.
    03-26-2012 07:02 AM
    I can't seem to get back into recovery mode like I did earlier anthonycr. When I hold home, volume down, and power, it just shows me Android 'unpackaging' graphic and says Android system recovery, formatting cache...factory reset, rebooting.. and then goes back to blue fastboot screen.

I read instructions for ADB shell and have been trying to use that, but like I said, nothing is listed under attached devices when I do command "adb devices" in terminal which makes me think either I am doing it wrong or am a lost cause.
    Try back, volume down, and power. That's how I access recovery.

03-26-2012 07:46 AM
    Tried, same results
    03-26-2012 08:49 AM
    I don't know if this is useful, but I just plugged the USB into my PC work comp (at home I use Mac) and I got the popup saying something was connected. So at least it knows?
    03-26-2012 11:21 AM
    I don't know if this is useful, but I just plugged the USB into my PC work comp (at home I use Mac) and I got the popup saying something was connected. So at least it knows?
    Yeah I've heard Macs don't deal with the phones too well. Idk what you can do... try one of the stickies

03-26-2012 11:26 AM
    OK, progress has been made!

I was able to use fastboot from SDK tools to command my phone to reboot, and it did!

Bad news is I can't seem to flash a recovery. When I put in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (I renamed the recovery file recovery.img) it says "error: cannot load recovery.img"

The recovery file is in the same folder as the fastboot, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Heeeelllpp meeee pleaassee! At least tell me this means things will be OK?
    03-26-2012 11:09 PM

I was able to use fastboot from SDK tools to command my phone to reboot, and it did!

Bad news is I can't seem to flash a recovery. When I put in "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (I renamed the recovery file recovery.img) it says "error: cannot load recovery.img"
    I would re-download the Recovery.img but before you save it to the drive rename the file name to "recovery.img" then save the file. it always works for me when I have that issue
    03-26-2012 11:29 PM

The recovery file is in the same folder as the fastboot, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Heeeelllpp meeee pleaassee! At least tell me this means things will be OK?
    That should work but just for giggles try booting it from fastboot instead
    "fastboot boot recovery.img"

If that works it should boot the device directly into recovery without flashing it, you could than try flashing recovery from zip perhaps (not normally recommended I know)?

Edit: While I doubt it has anything to do with this, you could try using it without renaming the file and just type the full file name instead of recovery.img
    03-27-2012 02:29 AM
    Still can't load, even keeping original file name

/Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot boot xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
    cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img'

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/fastboot flash recovery xionia_cwma_12518.6.img
    error: cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img'

Ahhh I'm losing my head. Any other suggestions? I can only use fastboot, adb does not recognize my device.
    03-27-2012 09:31 PM
    I'm new to adb... as in I just figured it out today, but... aren't you supposed to type "adb connect" to connect your device to the computer :maybe: mine wont connect till I type that and then its connected.

03-27-2012 09:38 PM
    ADB Connect gives me this:

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb connect
    Usage: adb connect <host>[:<port>]

adb devices gives me:
    Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb devices
    List of devices attached

Do I need to specify a host/port for it to connect? Not sure how to do that.. I was under the impression just asking it to list devices should normally work (not the case for me since nothing shows up)
    03-27-2012 09:57 PM
    Uggh
    03-27-2012 10:03 PM
    Just type adb connect and then type the command you want to execute. That's what I got too when typing adb connect. Idk if that is supposes to be what comes up but try typing that and then your command...

03-27-2012 10:08 PM
    Adb connect.

Wasn't that for wifi?

Adb connect 192.xxx.x.x:5555

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-27-2012 10:10 PM
    From what I found searching around about adb connect, it does sound like it's just for wifi and won't be of much help here. When I do try it though, I get...

Desktop/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb connect devices
    unable to connect to devices:5555
    03-27-2012 10:18 PM
    Yeah if the device responded to 'fastboot reboot' than you know it is not going to accept adb commands (adb will not accept fastboot commands and fastboot will never accept adb commands {sort of obnoxious but worth mention}). Perhaps try a different recovery, 'error: cannot load 'xionia_cwma_12518.6.img' sounds like an issue with the image; as in not being present or something being wrong with it.
    03-28-2012 02:32 AM
    Adb connect.

Wasn't that for wifi?

Adb connect 192.xxx.x.x:5555

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Probably... I have never needed adb and just set it up yesterday, and was playing around with it.

03-28-2012 05:46 AM
    So I've tried using a couple different flash images. Different versions of the xionia clock work mod. No clue why it is having a problem with the image.

I'll try the whole process on a PC tonight, rather than my Mac.
    03-28-2012 10:07 AM
    I'll try the whole process on a PC tonight, rather than my Mac.
    Good call, if that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of (I don't actually know how to do you would have to research it) would be to take images of working recovery, system and boot partitions from someone elses phone and flashing the partition images directly (which can be done in fastboot I just don't know the syntax etc). I'm not actually sure if that will work being that you can't flash a recovery.img but you could research it and give it a shot anyway.

On second thought I do have a secondary theory (could be entirely wrong of course), some manufacturers require oem switches for fastboot to properly function. I don't know the device codes for the Optimus V but an example would be stock fastboot usage for the kindle fire 'fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot' in that case 1949 is the Lab126 device code for the Kindle Fire, with a little bit of research you might be able to find a device code for the Optimus V which may or may not be useful in flashing your image. (I know 'fastboot reboot' worked for you, but some commands seem to be more finicky than others)
    03-28-2012 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD