04-26-2012 03:52 AM
35 12
tools
    How do you define "very good" deep sleep. I mean, I wasn't aware that there were varying degrees of doing nothing.

This space intentionally left blank.
    What I mean is that the processor goes into deep the Voltage pulses from 0 - 1.2v. with a timing interval of 2,000m/sec. The reason for pulsing the voltage then what is required for running @ 320Mhz is so the phone wakes up.

Now software can override the deep sleep mode, and the processor will only go into deep sleep when the scaled speed drops to *245MHz or lower below min. for 6000:1m/sec.

Note: I have mine set on InteractiveX 600/844 (for some reason IHO is more stable at max then stock is/or Harmonia 1.7) and see greater battery life then if set at the classic 480/your_setting. Conservative Governor on Stock is better at battery life then the other Governors, but is lacking when it comes to IHO.
    03-29-2012 12:27 PM
    Excellent explanation, thanks for clearing that up!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 01:25 PM
    @LeslieAnn when I posted that I had a issue of jerry's post not showing up so I copy pasted it in and forgot to edit out the second part. I meant to just quote the first sentence. I meant it as support to you. I agree with you 100%. Just adding things to help your OP be even more awesome.

@Dannemand I agree people are confused and mis-informed on a lot of this. I was also at one point but when blarf explained it the light bulb went off in my head. I was still confused on the governors tho but I knew what worked for me so I stuck with that.
    LeslieAnn and Dannemand like this.
    03-29-2012 03:33 PM
    It might be nice to pull in some of Dannemand's info from the IHO thread into the OP and get this thread stickied.
    I plan to add more and correct some of it when I have time.

Just a note, many seem to think there is animosity among the people contradicting each other here, as far as I know there isn't. Just a few people having a frank discussion is all.

My thanks to all who are adding to this.
    03-29-2012 04:43 PM
    ^^
    Agreed, I've sensed nothing but professional curiosity from you. Just want to point that out again.
    03-29-2012 06:03 PM
    I think I need to apologize, because I think I was being a bit hostile. I guess you could say that I was a little bit entrenched in establishment ideology. I've been used to getting dependable information on this subject from just a few people here, and a lot of misinformation everywhere else.

I think I gave both Dannemand and EarthnFire78 unjustified scrutiny, and for that I apologize.
    In the end, we've all got a richer source of knowledge about the OV's processor, and that's a good thing. And personally, I've learned to assert my skepticism in a less demeaning way.

Thanks to everyone that contributed here, a lot of questions have been resolved, and hopefully a lot more of us will have more efficient OC settings because of it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Dannemand likes this.
    03-29-2012 11:50 PM
    I always feel like such a LOSER when I read about all the speedy overclocking governor action you guys get and use. Me - every time I even THINK about touching the CPU setting button I am moments away from an unscheduled reboot. I've tried several of the governors on 480 min and 729. Always reboots. Even if I only change the governor and make the minimum 480 leaving the pitifully slow max setting of 600 - I still get a reboot. Guess my phone is just slow....
    03-30-2012 08:40 AM
    @flapjack.fiasco: You're good as far as I'm concerned. No problem that I noticed.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    03-30-2012 10:33 AM
    I always feel like such a LOSER when I read about all the speedy overclocking governor action you guys get and use. Me - every time I even THINK about touching the CPU setting button I am moments away from an unscheduled reboot. I've tried several of the governors on 480 min and 729. Always reboots. Even if I only change the governor and make the minimum 480 leaving the pitifully slow max setting of 600 - I still get a reboot. Guess my phone is just slow....
    I'm in the same boat. At 600 my phone is rock solid but if I push it even one notch faster I get random force closures and reboots. It's just not fair!!!

But I can't complain.. even at 600 it's a very snappy piece of hardware!
    03-30-2012 02:29 PM
    I actually had the same problems with the overclocking and restarting when the governer was set to ondemand. Read up on the overclocking suggested settings on leslie and now have a rock stable 825 setting.
    04-26-2012 03:52 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD