whats the point in formating partitions before flash?

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
For iho backside says to format all partirions besides SD card before flashing...what does that do?

Also want to have epic battery life, so set brightness o, only using one screen, no Widgets, disabled wifi GPS and bluetotth, set CPU 243-480mhz on demand....anythinelse I can do?

Ty

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If you don't format, Android has a habit of not replacing all of the files and/or not freeing up all available space.

As for more battery, drop down to Froyo for more and get an Anker battery.
Gapps contains market/Play, and some other necessary files for other things such as navigation.

Harmonia 1 (Froyo) and Harmonia 2(GB) both have the very basics Gapps included and will give you better battery than most other roms. Harmonia 1 is pretty much the battery champ.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
if you dont flash gapps you wont have the market so you probably need that. unless you go with harmonia 2. its still an IHO rom but takes a very minimalist approach. it has just about everything able to be removed, removed already. and comes with basic gapps (market, gmail, email) if it can be installed from the market it wont be in the rom. also you might find that setting the clocks higher might give better battery life due to the way the processors work. its just not the same as with pc over/underclocking.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
set CPU 243-480mhz on demand....anythinelse I can do?

With the CPU governor set the way it is you will most likely see faster battery drain, as it will just be at 480Mhz all the time.

I have mine set at 600/844 with the SmartassV2 Governor and see 1% loss every 2 hours screen off, and get 18 - 20 hours mid/heavy use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca