11-06-2015 01:12 PM
57 123
tools
    Just flashed your recovery jerry after ten months on CWM 3.0.2.1... I really like the colors, I didn't even think that you can change them.

How do you decompile a recovery anyway...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-11-2012 03:50 PM
    A recovery is pretty much like a boot.img and the RAM-Disc is what I decompiled, now I just need to find a good Tool-Chain to work on the Zimage.
    04-11-2012 04:02 PM
    Posted a link to your recovery on my OM ROM thrread, that is until I mod it to be blue to go with the blue theme of my ROM
    Thanks, it's a WIP right now, I will be adding some features like combined wipe cache+dalvik-cache, combined format boot+system+data+cache, xionia's lge-factory-reset (if it proves safe), boot-loop prevention/fix, and qpst support. Once that's done, I put up a thread about it.
    thewraith420 and Dannemand like this.
    04-11-2012 04:02 PM
    I'm loving this forum ....Way better than XDA.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-11-2012 04:03 PM
    A recovery is pretty much like a boot.img and the RAM-Disc is what I decompiled, now I just need to find a good Tool-Chain to work on the Zimage.
    If you have synced with IHO, you can build just the recovery with make recoveryimage, takes about a minute to compile. Just be sure you swap in BobZhome's kernel so you have the proper screen drivers.
    04-11-2012 04:06 PM
    Is there anything with your recovery that doesn't work yet?

04-11-2012 04:19 PM
    TBD, I just built it last nite, needs testing.
    04-11-2012 04:21 PM
    TBD, I just built it last nite, needs testing.
    Well I have it flashed, so I'll be sure to tell you if I run into any trouble... I've been flashing a lot of roms recently so we'll see how it holds up.

JerryScript likes this.
    04-11-2012 04:34 PM
    Hey Jerry. The recovery is 5.0.28. Will It brick with radio update too?

Also, in latest backside, when I hide 3g icon, status bar force closes and I have to reboot to get it back. ?

04-11-2012 04:40 PM
    Thanks, it's a WIP right now, I will be adding some features like combined wipe cache+dalvik-cache, combined format boot+system+data+cache, xionia's lge-factory-reset (if it proves safe), boot-loop prevention/fix, and qpst support. Once that's done, I put up a thread about it.
    If you get this done, that will make a lot of users very, very happy - myself included

Also saw your comment about the camera key being two-stage and more fragile, never thought about that. Plus home key matches the stock recovery.

You just keep giving...
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-11-2012 06:16 PM
    Hey Jerry. The recovery is 5.0.28. Will It brick with radio update too?

Also, in latest backside, when I hide 3g icon, status bar force closes and I have to reboot to get it back. ?

This is built from IHO, like BobZhome's, so it should be ok. For safety, let me test it on the donor phone first, I should have time to tomorrow evening.

I got a couple of things accomplished today

-- Combined wipe cache and wipe dalvik-cache into a single menu item (how often do you not wipe dalvik when wiping cache?)

-- Made a couple of changes to install.c to allow users to install ROM updates automatically
    ---- I also made accompanying changes to my BacksideUpdater, so you can now install from BacksideUpdater, no need to go through the steps in recovery, it's all automatic now.

Note- the method I used for the BacksideUpdater is a hack, it will need testers with technical knowledge, and who know how to use ADB to flash a recovery from within recovery in case of problems.
    04-12-2012 03:55 AM
    Very cool jerry! I can't wait till its ready

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-12-2012 05:23 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8d50Wn7XAo&list=PL2A986C7DD8DE2ECD&index=7&feature=plpp_video[/YT]
    04-12-2012 05:50 AM
    Omg! Lol as If telling us about it wasn't enough a teaser. I'll be watching for a new thread to show up for sure now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-12-2012 08:06 AM
    If you have synced with IHO, you can build just the recovery with make recoveryimage, takes about a minute to compile. Just be sure you swap in BobZhome's kernel so you have the proper screen drivers.
    Ran the make recoveryimage and i'm missing a file, is there any way I can just download the IHO stuff directly cause I think I'm not getting everything.
    04-12-2012 01:28 PM
    Which file does it say is missing?
    04-12-2012 02:36 PM
    Code:
    build/core/product_config.mk:196: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/lge/thunderc_common/thunderc.mk]]: "device/lge/thunderc_common/thunderc.mk" does not exist.  Stop.
    04-12-2012 02:38 PM
    You have to do the standard build envsetup first.

You'll need to clone the IHO device folders:
    git clone git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common.git
    git clone git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_vendor_lge.git

Then run the envsetup and lunch commands
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch (select vm670 eng)

Then you can make the recovery
    make recoveryimage
    04-12-2012 02:53 PM
    Kool its the recovery Ian using now! But I don't have cache and delivc together is this going to be on the new update cwm green recovery!
    04-12-2012 02:54 PM
    Code:
    git clone git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_vendor_lge.git
    Cloning into android_vendor_lge...
    fatal: remote error: 
      Could not find repository inferiorhumanorgans/android_vendor_lge

04-12-2012 03:11 PM
    Kool its the recovery Ian using now! But I don't have cache and delivc together is this going to be on the new update cwm green recovery!
    Yes, the combinations will be added to the release, expect it in a few days, needs extensive testing now.
    04-12-2012 07:19 PM
    Thanks! Ill keep an eye out, for your release! Really like the home button select, and the color"that's your style"

....Just an fyi to boot into recovery hold volume down,home,power and release when you see the LG logo!
    04-12-2012 07:26 PM
    Yes, the combinations will be added to the release, expect it in a few days, needs extensive testing now.
    Jerry know that you have been hard at work on the recovery, but is there anyway to make to where the text does not over lap the progress bar ??
    04-12-2012 07:26 PM
    Jerry know that you have been hard at work on the recovery, but is there anyway to make to where the text does not over lap the progress bar ??
    That's a compromise the original CWM used to deal with the lack of screen space on many phones, like our OV. Some updater scripts will have tons of text output, others will only have a line or two. There's no way of determining the amount needed without parsing the entire script first, then drawing the screen, then running the script, which is definitely not how CWM was originally written.

IMHO it's not an issue that needs to be at the top of the list.
    04-13-2012 01:44 AM
    I just like watching it move a long is haha
    04-13-2012 03:47 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD