CWM Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a issue that has been on my head forever and it irritates me.

Anyone know a fix?

Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)

BTW, this is when trying to Mount USB in Clockworkmod Recovery.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You will need to flash a different recovery in Terminal Emulator on your phone. I went through this same thing, totally random and it popped up after I formatted everything. I flashed Xionia and it was all good.

Reactions: bokoxthexchocobo

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had an answer for that. It was such a random problem, and I had never had issues in the past. Sorry man. :confused:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why it does it... If you have the old screen model 2.2.1 just use the normal iho recovery instead of bobzhome. Any time i try bobzhome recovery I get the same thing

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Happens occasionally to me. Not often though. I just installed CWM 5 on my cousins zte phone and it gave that same error, which I believe is due to a partial incompatibility of the recovery woth the phone. I say this because the recovery is upside down on the zte so I figured that ums didn't work for the same reason that the screen was upside down... just a guess.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it too, consistently, after flashing Bobz recovery for Gordita. I don't think IHO recovery did that before. I'm gonna try it.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I want to know what causes this. Not using Touch Recovery because of the bricks. I no longer trust it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It's caused by the kernel that the recovery was built from not having the proper lunfile configuration.

I just started exploring the recovery system this past weekend. For now, I recommend xionia if you want usb mass storage to work in recovery. Hopefully we can get Bob's kernel/recovery to work properly soon. ;)

Reactions: Dannemand

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's caused by the kernel that the recovery was built from not having the proper lunfile configuration.

I just started exploring the recovery system this past weekend. For now, I recommend xionia if you want usb mass storage to work in recovery. Hopefully we can get Bob's kernel/recovery to work properly soon. ;)

I thought bobz was built off iho? The IHO recovery usb mass storage works for me. Just not bobz

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work, thanks to Blarf (see, he does still help a lot :p)

it's an issue with the defined location of the lunfile.

/bootable/recovery/extendedcommands.c @ line 360
- #define BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE "/sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file"
+#define BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"

Here is an example, I don't know if it will work on newer screens, not sure if I included both screen drivers, so if you get a black screen on a newer phone, reboot the phone and flash a different recovery till Bob makes the changes to his version. ;)

Note- I changed the select button back to the home key, I'm afraid the camera key will break. And no, I don't care if you don't like green! :p

@thewraith420: BobZhome's is based of his repository, which is mostly inline with IHO, but since he built his own kernel, there are differences.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work, thanks to Blarf (see, he does still help a lot :p)

it's an issue with the defined location of the lunfile.

/bootable/recovery/extendedcommands.c @ line 360
- #define BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE "/sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file"
+#define BOARD_UMS_LUNFILE "/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file"

Here is an example, I don't know if it will work on newer screens, not sure if I included both screen drivers, so if you get a black screen on a newer phone, reboot the phone and flash a different recovery till Bob makes the changes to his version. ;)

Note- I changed the select button back to the home key, I'm afraid the camera key will break. And no, I don't care if you don't like green! :p

@thewraith420: BobZhome's is based of his repository, which is mostly inline with IHO, but since he built his own kernel, there are differences.

I love green!!! Is this safe to use? [I'm testing it now, I hated the camera button as select]

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

hahahahaha.........you must really like green. I do like the home as the select button cause my camera button is wonky. though I may change the green theme to a blue as I already decompiled the recovery image. Maybe a month off, I'm working on a project that is going to be a mine simi build tool for noobs like me :p,

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I love green!!! Is this safe to use? [I'm testing it now, I hated the camera button as select]

I've tested it a bit, but TBH it needs testing by the brave and technically proficient souls around here. Just remember, you can always flash another recovery via adb or fastboot. ;)

@EarthenFire78: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tested it a bit, but TBH it needs testing by the brave and technically proficient souls around here. Just remember, you can always flash another recovery via adb or fastboot. ;)

@EarthenFire78: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I can also do it from inside the phone. I have Xionia and a few others stored on my SDcard.

Reactions: JerryScript

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34