So, VM replaced my old OV with a refurbished OV, I installed CWM based IHO recovery on it, tried installing Harmonia "The froyo rom" and my OV keeps freezing and restarting randomly Then I tried installing one of the IHO builds "Gingerbread rom" and it doesn't randomly freeze or reboot, but it does freeze and reboot itself when I use any application thats CPU intensive like Google Maps Navigation or Angry Birds game...

Is there anyone else experiencing anything similar? Did I receive a bad phone? I really want to use Harmonia 1 because Froyo delivers the best battery life for me.

Also just an fyi, when I install a new ROM, I format /boot, /system/, /cache, /data, /sd-ext three times and wipe the Dalvik Cache three times as well before installation, so I know its not because of wiping the phone.
    04-05-2012 12:24 AM
    Also I tried fixing permissions through terminal emulator and through the recovery, it did help for a day but then my phone started randomly restarting and freezing again.
    04-05-2012 12:28 AM
    Curiousnoob has the same problems with his refurbished V. I don't know, what they've dive to these units, but it seems like nothing good...

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V
    04-05-2012 12:31 AM
    I was having the same issue with the froyo rooms because the pica sticks remix kernel was defaulting to overclocked settings which my newer OPV couldn't handle. Just food for thought. Both of my newer OPV phones will reboot at anything above 600mhz.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    demoport likes this.
    04-05-2012 12:33 AM
    I was having the same issue with the froyo rooms because the pica sticks remix kernel was defaulting to overclocked settings which my newer OPV couldn't handle. Just food for thought. Both of my newer OPV phones will reboot at anything above 600mhz.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    This is rather depressing I set my OV's clock to minimum 600 and maximum 600 as well with the PERFORMANCE governor, hopefully this will fix my problems. If you find a way to run Froyo with your refurbished ov's please let me know.

I just saw your post under a different thread about the picasticks kernel running too high so I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.
    04-05-2012 12:58 AM
    This is rather depressing I set my OV's clock to minimum 600 and maximum 600 as well with the PERFORMANCE governor, hopefully this will fix my problems. If you find a way to run Froyo with your refurbished ov's please let me know.

I just saw your post under a different thread about the picasticks kernel running too high so I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.
    Here's what you do, install it, try your best to download a cpu overclock app, change overclock to 600 and set on boot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-05-2012 03:19 AM
    My GFs new OV suffers from random reboots. Right now im thinking it's defective. Anybody have any idea? Or a stock rom that works with new phones so i can RMA it? Ive tried several different roms on it. All of which are perfectly stable on my OV. Not overclocked or anything. Im out of ideas.
    04-06-2012 04:32 PM
    im running BACKside/IHO (04-01-2012 build)... oc min480/max600/smartassv2 governor... no problems with freezes or random reboots... its definately worth trying if you havent already... :-)

add-- with my v i cant oc past 600 or random reboots start... others can go beyond... its just the luck of the draw... :-)
    04-06-2012 07:07 PM
    My GFs new OV suffers from random reboots. Right now im thinking it's defective. Anybody have any idea? Or a stock rom that works with new phones so i can RMA it? Ive tried several different roms on it. All of which are perfectly stable on my OV. Not overclocked or anything. Im out of ideas.
    I'm currently running iho bobzhome build 032312 and so far I've had no random reboots or freezing. I set up my clock speeds under the performance menu in cyanogenmod settings to 600 minimum 600 maximum with the performance governor. Try it out and let us know.
    04-06-2012 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD