Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
- Bumblebee Resurrected -​
- A Froyo ROM -​

Its Frozen Yogurt. It's cold. It's fresh.​

68-bumblebee.jpg

It's Bumblebee

History: Early in 2011, user obijohn created a ROM based on the stock 2.2.1 froyo ROM that combined speed, overclocking, and lightweight characteristics into one lightning fast, battery efficient driver for the Optimus V. Unfortunately, development died off for this incredible ROM for various reasons and Bumblebee faded into the cyber-darkness, re-emerging occasionally as naive users flashed the incompatible ROM with their new screens.

Now, combining the picasticks kernel (compatible with the new screen) with the old Bumblebee ROM, this fantastic ROM can now be experienced by the whole OV community.

Features:

-Updated picasticks kernel //works with new screens
-Stock bloatware removed
-Activate app included //working in case you manage to bork 3g
-Updated some of the included apps so that they don't have to update on boot
-Terminal emulator included (not working for the moment - have to revert to the old version)
-Stock look

Plans for the ROM:

Because this is froyo, it is already stable and running like clockwork on the OV. I plan to create a themed version of this ROM to release and (I will try) to develop customization features for it. HOWEVER, in keeping with obijohn's belief in vanilla ROMs, I will have two versions of this rom, a plain un-themed froyo (vanilla) and the themed version (ignition).

The download (vanilla) can be found on mediafire HERE
md5 sum check: bd89ab25e7a767b1a3dd3c148ddfae3a

Right now, the ROM is unsigned, because I made a mistake signing it:p

(I will be signing it soon)​

Directions for flashing:
-Boot into Recovery //if you can't get it to flash, check to make sure signature check is disabled.
-Factory reset (FROM IN RECOVERY) //Alternate wipe: format Boot, System, Data, and whatever else you so desire
-Wipe dalvik in advanced>>wipe dalvik
-Flash ROM - Make sure signature verification is disabled //Place ROM somewhere on sdcard
-Reboot //you are almost there
-First boot will take some time //be patient
-Enjoy your yogurt

-The kernel is default overclocked to 408 mhz min and 768 mhz max, so if your phone can't handle it, you might want to unclock as soon as you flash. This will be fixed in the next update

Screenshots:
425700a5-d246-7351.jpg
425700a5-d25e-4c40.jpg
425700a5-d271-db32.jpg

425700a5-d287-782c.jpg
425700a5-d293-55a0.jpg

THANKS Goes to....
obijohn: Father of this ROM and thanks for giving me permission to carry this thing forward.
ericwmson: for testing the ROM on his new OV screen;)
EarthnFire: huge thanks here for helping me out by deodexing the new update so I didn't have to, and for giving me various advice that's been very beneficial;) also for working with me and doing for me work to make a kernel compatible with the new virgin update.

Please visit the old Bumblebee thread to honor obijohn. Also when you visit that page, PLEASE THANK HIM. Without him, this ROM would not exist.

Also, thanks goes to the devs of android central (JerryScript, LeslieAnn, tdm, mrg666, Bobzhome, et al.) for helping me learn to hack android, it's been a great learning experience (I was looking at my posts from last year "Help I bricked my phone" thinking how little I knew then). Thank you. Also, thank you moderators for this wonderful forum that has been a constant source of entertainment for my geeky mind.

I hope you enjoy;)

71-android-yellow.png

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bumblebee Rom Resurrected - A Froyo Rom

Rules of the thread:

Be kind to each other. I don't like conflict.

No other rules... I hate rules:p

Bumblebee Ignition

features: Blackness, grayness, different wallpapers for the stupid stock launcher

screenshots:

4257006e-9b83-e4a4.jpg
4257006e-9ba8-a7cb.jpg
4257006e-9bbc-e3d1.jpg
4257006e-9bee-5ce4.jpg
4257006e-9c01-8590.jpg
4257006e-9c31-4c52.jpg
4257006e-9c4a-8c50.jpg

Now a flashable zip

Instructions:
1. download zip and place on your sdcard
2. boot into recovery (DON'T WIPE ANYTHING ;))
3. flash zip
4. reboot :)
5. enjoy

CHANGELOG
Bumblebee_black_status_mod_signed.zip - Original theme: Purple battery indicator (screenshots above)
425707a7-8a4e-2156.jpg

Bumblebee_Ignition_signed_04162012.zip - Updated theme: Blue battery indicator, Updated froyo Launcher (awesome wallpapers), New signal bar Icons
Screenshot showing differences - I use this one
425707a7-8a09-d6bd.jpg

Bumblebee_gingerbread_mod.zip - Ginger-fied theme: completely gingerbread... only on froyo. It blurs the distinction between 2.2 and 2.3
Screenshot showing differences
425707d9-d6a9-e075.jpg

Bumblebee_ICS_6.22.12.zip - This is Ice Cream Sandwich for froyo. USE HOLO LAUNCHER FOR BEST RESULTS.
Screenshot showing differences
42570058-dea3-34f5.jpg

MORE THEMES - these by BrotherSwing

Corsair
screenshot-1323835069742.png

QuickSilver
screenshot-1331051279124.png

INVI
screenshot-1323635390603.png

WildLove
shot_000003.png

Peanut's Lion
screenshot-1334113554946.png

SCREENSHOTS for BrotherSwing's themes located at his home cooked website... HERE

Thanks brotherswing ;)

If the choice of themes is confusing, and you can't figure out the differences of each one, please post and I will make this a little more clear.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha..........Welcome to the dark-side of ROM development:p. I have a version of Terminal that is for being placed as a system app if you like I'll upload it and PM the download link for you.

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Hahaha..........Welcome to the dark-side of ROM development:p. I have a version of Terminal that is for being placed as a system app if you like I'll upload it and PM the download link for you.

That would help, thanks.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you keep the idea of Bumblebee- A FAST stable stock ROM. Good luck in development ;)

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Im tempted to go back to froyo... no more phone crashing when using gps on the road.

I attached a black status bar mod below. Im not sure who made it, it was way back in the bumblebee thread somewhere. Kudos to them ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Badboytoast

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Im tempted to go back to froyo... no more phone crashing when using gps on the road.

I attached a black status bar mod below. Im not sure who made it, it was way back in the bumblebee thread somewhere. Kudos to them ;)

Isn't that made by Leslieann?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
@Anthony, you can contact ne we theming over a rom. I almost got thr blue and black to work, but the status bar was a little ghosty.

Also, you might wanna add to the OP that some OVs can't handle the default overclock.(I think it was 480-748Interactive). So tell some people to lower their Max :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@Anthony, you can contact ne we theming over a rom. I almost got thr blue and black to work, but the status bar was a little ghosty.

Also, you might wanna add to the OP that some OVs can't handle the default overclock.(I think it was 480-748Interactive). So tell some people to lower their Max :p

Im pretty sure I have something in the op regarding the stock clock, right under the directions for flashing... or are you saying I should put something additional?

Yeah I might pm you. The annoying thing about theming stock is that a lot of the images are .pro files which are pretty much unopenable (I've never been able to). I flashed that same black status bar zip a while ago so I know where to start.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonious Bumblebee has the updated kernel.
Updated Picastics kernel (with OV based ramdisk) supports old and new OV phones. (thanks to BigSuperSquid!)