[ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee 2.2.1 + Themes

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This vm update is a pain... a lot of useless work just so that it says "2.2.2" in about phone. Does anyone think its worth it to mess with the update until I get a new kernel to work right or should I just stick with old 2.2.1? Is there any reason to update this based on the 2.2.2 (besides new screens which can be fixed via kernel)?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're rebuilding from the update perhaps your rom won't have the random reboots issues iho is currently having with the new radio. I know that everyone isn't having problems but some are and i'm sure they'll appreciate it ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bumblebee Rom Resurrected - A Froyo Rom

Getting close... EarthnFire78 directed me to a kernel (bobzhome 3.7) that currently has everything working with the update except wifi (driver problem). Wifi is the last thing to fix with the new update and then it will be done.

I'm adding some UI changes to the vanilla version, nothing major, but the one thing I hate about froyo is the huge icons in the status bar, so I changed some code so they are all resized smaller to the size of the icons in gingerbread. This way the status bar doesn't get cluttered looking when there are alot of notifications.

Screenshot:
small icons
42570751-d21a-70f3.jpg

instead of the bigger icons here
72-mejs2.png

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Flash the latest Harmonia 1x statusbars, unless Anthonycr did anything serious in them, they should be 100% compatible.

I've done it before. They are compatible.

so do we have a black status bar

That you do, if you flash leslies statusbar mod. Note: her mod changes the text color of the statusbar and the clock to white and the statusbar itself to black, so like I said, the froyo icons are difficult to see.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bumblebee Rom Resurrected - A Froyo Rom

Text color is in services.jar, if you want black use the stock Bumblebee or Harmonia 1x or use the oen out of my flashers, easiest way, otherwise you have to edit an xmp file in the jar (if I remember right).

The statusbar color itself and many (not all) of the icons are in framework-res.apk.
You can edit this in Winzip.

The easiest way to edit any of it is use my flashers or use UOT Kitchen if you want something else. UOT Kitchen is pretty simple.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just uploaded a theme to the second post. Directions and screenshots are included.

Features:
Black statusbar
White statusbar icons
White statusbar text
Slightly changed launcher2

;)