[ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee 2.2.1 + Themes

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@slutyman321 (and anyone else), here is your gingerbread lockscreen.

Gingerlock black statusbar theme

Screenshot:
425704aa-72eb-1ddf.jpg

directions, same as the other status bar mod, flash in recovery.
I don't think the zip is signed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousNoob

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
thank you:)

Your welcome, theming is great fun.

I updated the Ignition Theme OP, just so you people know. I added a fixed version of the first theme as well as this gingerlock, just in case anyone wanted the lock. I think the edit to the theme OP might be confusing because there are three attached zips, so if anyone is confused, don't hesitate to ask for clarification... sometimes I make no sense:p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha Well I don't really know how to answer that, but if you want to learn how android works and how to make your own customized roms, I suggest you start by opening the rom zips up with 7zip (a windows program) so you can replace things inside it, and try extracting apks with 7zip so you can understand the structure of how they work. Then slowly you'll find things you want to edit, and often you can find the answer by googling it (xda developers has a lot of [How to] threads). There are a lot of tools out there like apktool (google it) that decompile and recompile apps. I can't say how helpful google is in this. I say that you should work backwards: decompiling things and opening them are easier ways to learn how things work than starting with source code.

Hope I helped, and I'll have your themed lockscreen done tomorrow, I'll post it for others as well

Here's a link to apktools, the directions on how to install it are here and how to use it as well. http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/ as to how to use it here's a link. You will probably have problems setting it up, so I suggest googling any questions you have. 99% of the questions I had about apktool were answered before I asked them by smart people on various forums. Good luck.;)

There's how.
Most of the theme related icons and stuff are located in framework-res.apk
;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i tried that but did not work

You know maybe you should start a thread about what you want to do, seeing as this is a thread about a rom and not one about theming. If you do that, people are bound to help you, whereas when you post here in this thread asking about how to theme, people don't answer you because I'm expected to answer the questions as the Original Poster. What I said should have given you a start at theming, and it does work because those are the methods I use to theme/build. It doesn't get any simpler than I explained it, so I think you should ask the community in a thread about theming if you really need help, because I honestly can't guide you through theming all by myself, I don't really have the time (I'm a student). So, if my directions earlier aren't clear and google hasn't yielded anything to you, I suggest you make a separate thread. This thread is about Bumblebee, not theming.
Thank you.

slutyman321

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee Rom 2.2.1

hey ik i ask for alot and i mean alot but is there anyway you can convert this rom to make internet and mms and talk and text wotk with my phone on metro pcs so basiclly a metro rom for optimus v

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
hey ik i ask for alot and i mean alot but is there anyway you can convert this rom to make internet and mms and talk and text wotk with my phone on metro pcs so basiclly a metro rom for optimus v

I have no clue about how you would do that, sorry:p

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This rom has been solid as a rock. I was getting so tired of cutting edge and glitchy - this is a breath of fresh throwback air. All I really miss are the power control on the notification bar. Any way to add just that?

Thanks for this great rom.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

This rom has been solid as a rock. I was getting so tired of cutting edge and glitchy - this is a breath of fresh throwback air. All I really miss are the power control on the notification bar. Any way to add just that?

Thanks for this great rom.
You can do it with widgets, but actually adding it to the statusbar dropdown requires some VERY heavy code changes.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure Anthony can do that, but right now he's trying to get the ums to work with the new Kernel.

Yeah, I keep confusing myself too because my files are disorganized on my pc, but so far, ums is broken with one kernel, rotation is broken with a different one, and wifi doesn't work on a third.

I haven't been able to work on it because school is getting really crazy... stupid college crams half the material into the last quarter of the semester :-/

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Not that heavy :p
I've seen the code, and you are right, it's not THAT big of a deal if you know what you are doing, however, there is more to it than just the code.

If you do it, you will mess up the apk signing on the files you touch. That may sound trivial, except that you will have to re-sign all of the system APK's to match or you will end up with flashing failures. This was why Obijohn had to initially flash BB in two parts when he added the power button menu and was what held up Harmonia 1.3 so long.

This is also the very reason you couldn't use Play Store on Harmonia, and you can't on Bumblebee Res..

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

With the trying to use the VM-Update for my Froyo ROM I've had to resign everything to either get it to flash, or to stop FC and the Play Store works. I think there was a bug in the lge-res.apk, the messed with the Market apk

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Just want to say I enjoy the ROM, I wasn't around for the original run of bumblebee and it seems like harmonious bumblebee hasn't been updated in a while so I figured this was the next best thing. Flashed it earlier today and so far so good. Loving the selection of wallpapers too.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just want to say I enjoy the ROM, I wasn't around for the original run of bumblebee and it seems like harmonious bumblebee hasn't been updated in a while so I figured this was the next best thing. Flashed it earlier today and so far so good. Loving the selection of wallpapers too.

Thanks, I plan on updating once finals are over, I have some more tweaks that I've made, such as a modified boot animation and removing the kernel overclock to keep anyone from having issues on boot, as well as adding some changes to the ui. I'm also hoping to update the themes, and possibly make an ics theme. Again, thanks for the positive feedback, it makes me know that the effort is appreciated :)

If anyone has theme ideas, you can post them. However, it would be helpful to provide the framework of the theme you want so that I don't have to go looking high and low for the icons.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I plan on updating once finals are over, I have some more tweaks that I've made, such as a modified boot animation and removing the kernel overclock to keep anyone from having issues on boot, as well as adding some changes to the ui. I'm also hoping to update the themes, and possibly make an ics theme. Again, thanks for the positive feedback, it makes me know that the effort is appreciated :)

If anyone has theme ideas, you can post them. However, it would be helpful to provide the framework of the theme you want so that I don't have to go looking high and low for the icons.

No problem, speaking of overclock what settings would you recommend?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance