[ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee 2.2.1 + Themes

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No problem, speaking of overclock what settings would you recommend?

Overclocking works differently for everyone based on their usage. For instance, my phone sits idle a lot of times in my pocket, and I'm never doing more than one thing with my phone at a time, so I keep my minimum at 320. However, if you use gps and listen to music at the same time, you might want to move the minimum up to 480. As for max, that's a little more difficult because not everyone can OC their optimus straight to 864 without problems. I keep mine at 806, but that's because I don't have problems at that frequency. I recommend finding the frequency that you start getting reboots at and then backing down from that frequency a step or two.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Major theme update
Gingerbread on froyo. Its almost indistinguishable from gibgerbread, go ahead I dare you. I'll upload in a minute, until that happens, here's the screenshots ;)
425700cf-185b-28f7.jpg

425700cf-186b-6cb2.jpg

425700cf-1878-e5ad.jpg

425700cf-1889-3e11.jpg

I will be posting the flashable zip on the second post

EDIT: DARNITALLLL, I gotta go... I can't upload tonight, I'll do it first thing tomorrow.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee Rom 2.2.1

I uploaded the gingerbread theme, as you can see, screenshots are in the post directly above.
I removed the old ginger_lockscreen_theme and replaced it with this. If you are gonna thank me, I prefer you do thank the OP Posts

I uploaded the theme to the second post of the thread, but lets see if I can make a direct link here so you can download it directly from this page... CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

If that doesn't work you will have to go back to page one to download it. its called bumblebee_gingerbread_mod.zip

If you have any improvement suggestions... or for some reason a bug or something messed up, report below. I have seen no problems, but I may have edited too much code so something might look funny. If it does tell me and I'll fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousNoob
Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When you long press on something in a file manager the text is white against the white background. Othrr than that I really like the theme. Great job :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When you long press on something in a file manager the text is white against the white background. Othrr than that I really like the theme. Great job :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Try redownloading the theme. I saw that the other day when I first uploaded it so I fixed it (or at least I think I did) and uploaded it again. Thanks for reporting that, I think that you might have gotten the bad version though. Try the one there now and see if that fixes it.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
OP updated. I've added five more themes... all thanks goes to brotherswing for these. Thank him by visiting his website where the screenshots are located (link in op). Enjoy.

Reactions: brotherswing

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OP updated. I've added five more themes... all thanks goes to brotherswing for these. Thank him by visiting his website where the screenshots are located (link in op). Enjoy.

Anthony you really are a great dev in the making. I see more of a themer and one who works with xmls and what not but you could have the potential to be as good as any themer as you seem to know exactly what you're doing at all times.
Keep up the awesome work!

Reactions: anthonycr

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Anthony you really are a great dev in the making. I see more of a themer and one who works with xmls and what not but you could have the potential to be as good as any themer as you seem to know exactly what you're doing at all times.
Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks gannon. I'm mostly stuck with theming until I get a laptop to build on;) so for now I'm making themes, right now I'm working on a cm7 theme that I hope to publish in the market. Like you said... more of a themer. Thanks for the encouraging word.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I like your themes as well. I doubt I'll ever use anything but Quicksilver on my own phone, but I had one of my buddies here in town install Bumblebee Ignition. It most closely matched what he wanted, and he's a happy little camper now! Keep up the good work!

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the notification bar icons get a little ugly on the GB theme. Did you just resize bigger images or did you use already made MDPI sized icons? I would suggest the latter if not to make it look better.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the notification bar icons get a little ugly on the GB theme. Did you just resize bigger images or did you use already made MDPI sized icons? I would suggest the latter if not to make it look better.

I took the icons right out of the gingerbread framework so they are straight from the source. The only one that is resized is the signal bar icons, which I truthfully could have done a little better with. They other ones however are unmodified from the gingerbread theme work - here's the kicker though - froyo doesn't support transparency in the status bar and Gb icons are full of transparency so the transparency is changed into an equivalent color, detracting from the accuracy of the icon (notice that froyo icons are ALL huge solid squares).

Thanks for seeing something, I'll check into it and see if something can't be done to improve it. I assume you mean the icons in general and not just certain ones.

Reactions: Badboytoast

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I noticed in particular the Talk icon looked a little garbled. I tried transitioning an existing GB theme from the GSM Optimus from XDA many months ago, which worked rather well sans the checkboxes and the signal icon. Just something I noticed.

Secondly, using picasticks kernel, perhaps it could be patched for the TWS bug if not already if you have the source and stuff for compiling. Not too sure if pica has it patched though. also gives the opportunity to use some performance tweaks like tvall does and apply it there.

Just stuff to enhance.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to give a big thank you for reviving this rom. after i lost my stock backup yesterday,it was either flash the new zv9 update to get back stock which i really didnt want to do. or use bumblebee as my stock replacement. as you can see ive opted for bumblebee,i want no part of zv9. also a big thanks to you and brotherswing for the flashable themes that give froyo a little style. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: brotherswing

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It isn't froyo, it's the kernel. If you flash a newer kernel like bobz or mgr666's, you'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2