What Rom should I use?

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My Friend saw what i did with my OV and asked if i would it for her. I personally like backside but for her I want whatever 2.3 rom is the lightest, most stable, and can still be overclocked. Which one would be right for her?

Thanks for the opinions in advanced,
Ph1Man

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, certainly either Harmonia 2 or Mirage. Make sure if you give her Harmonia 2, however, you install a gallery app. Might be confusing to a new user to android rooting if there is no gallery :)

Reactions: Ph1Man

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Froyo - Basic Phone User
IHO - Everyday basics, some tech work
MIUI - Themer's paradise

That's all I can say :p ICS is still in Alpha/Beta.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally I prefer bobzhome iho because he fixed the accelerometer issues in his build and it's been the most stable iho ROM so far.

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Bobz has always been my favorite.

And if you root your phone and install a Rom.....don't call Virgin tech support. haha

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Well now i cant decide Between Bobz and Harmonia. Harmonia is lighter but Bobz is more stable.
Which build will give an amateur android user less headaches? Meaning less work for me down the road.

PS thanks for the great advice so far ( Our dev community is so amazing that we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to roms.)

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Having used both Harmonia and Bobz's build, I would recommend Harmonia 2 for less headache down the road. While yes Bobz's build seems to be updated a little more frequently and such, if you're just planning on basically putting one ROM on and keeping it there for the life of the phone, Harmonia will do the job. It's a bit lighter in terms of apps that Bobz's build and the like include which means you dont have to go back and uninstall them with an app like Titanium backup. Harmonia is very stable, last time I used it was at version 2.03 and the only thing major I can remember not working as mentioned earlier was the accelerometer. As long as the user isnt obsessed with shaking the dang phone, you should be fine ;) Basically, if the user is seriously an amateur at Android, just give them the simple and clean ROM and they will never know about updating the ROM or anything else in the future anyways.

Oh, and Harmonia does include the stock gallery app as well for seeing pictures, not sure what was meant earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ph1Man

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Harmonia 2 - Leslie recommends Quickpic.

I agree. Wayyyy faster than stock.

Bobz build is updated less, but its speedy.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Bobz build 032312 is what I've been using and it's been the prefect ROM for my phone in regards to performance and stability. He's the only developer that fixed the accelerometer issues that plagued the ov since the early builds of iho.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
In case you were wondering the accelerometer does work in Harmonia 2, the only problem is that it gets laggy after awhile (several days). Once the phone is rebooted then it's fine again for a while.

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I recommend LeslieAnn's Harmonia 2. It's a blank canvas for you to paint with, i.e. install, setup, whatever apps you want and tailor make it to your specific needs.

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
In case you were wondering the accelerometer does work in Harmonia 2, the only problem is that it gets laggy after awhile (several days). Once the phone is rebooted then it's fine again for a while.

I always reboot into Recovery and wipe my Cache and Dalvik Cache every couple of days to keep it running smooth and do a backup " just in case".

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01