04-10-2012 09:22 PM
35 12
tools
    I have a first-gen that i purchased January of '11. Anything over 729mhz and my camera will cause a reboot. (the camera is the other app that will cause reboots if you are oc'd too high.)
    Yep, mine is the same way, I think I can go one step above.

Overclock is not a guarantee.

LeslieAnn Idk if that's true or not, but I am going to buy a used 1st gen phone today and test out the overclock. So no offense to you, but I hope that this guy will overclock. Unless MT gets a Froyo ROM built with a kernel from source, I am hunkering down with my OV lol
    I have been overclocking OV's since a week before release and watched many people come and go with them. It's Roulette, you get what you get just as you do with computers and overclocking.

You may get lucky, but it's still luck.
    04-09-2012 09:29 PM
    You may get lucky, but it's still luck.
    It comes down to process capability. The more repeatable you want a product to be, the more money you will need to spend to produce that product. The OVs are a relatively cheap smart-phones, so they obviously do not have the highest quality parts in them. The processors in these phones probably have a very wide range of stable processor speeds (I'm guessing between 480 and 806mhz.) They have to toss the processors that perform below 600mhz (or put them in phones and sell them to Walmart... .) I'm guessing if you were to chart a random sample of these processors, you would have a bell-curve centered at 729 or 748mhz and stretching above 800mhz and below 600mhz.
    04-09-2012 09:52 PM
    This is false.
    There are many good and bad new and old OV's. Some older ones wouldn't go over 600, just as some newer ones won't. It's luck of the draw.

Keep in mind, apps make a difference as well as rom. Some apps show errors sooner than others.
    My OV, when I first rom'd it, it ran 480-825 InteractiveX perfectly for a week, then now it cant go over 600.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-09-2012 10:14 PM
    My OV, when I first rom'd it, it ran 480-825 InteractiveX perfectly for a week, then now it cant go over 600.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Must be an app or an update to an app that is crashing you, would be my guess. I would turn off GPS, AutoSync.

CuriousNoob, I'm curious (baddd pun...): you said in another thread I read, that 2.2.1 is faster than 2.2.2. Is that the truth, or are you making this up? Lol :P
    04-10-2012 02:08 AM
    Happy to report back that my gamble actually paid off! I bought a used 1st gen and Picasticks works great. This phone seems to handle the overclock well. No random reboots, tested Maps and Camera, no reboots! I am HAPPY, yay!!!!!
    04-10-2012 10:59 AM
    What is bizarre to me is that I've been able to run stable as high as 825, and the only thing that has ever caused the phone to restart is moving apps with Link2SD, and even then it'll do it at 600.
    04-10-2012 11:08 AM
    What is bizarre to me is that I've been able to run stable as high as 825, and the only thing that has ever caused the phone to restart is moving apps with Link2SD, and even then it'll do it at 600.
    Can't figure that one out either!
    04-10-2012 02:51 PM
    I would put money on a bad format of the sdcard.
    04-10-2012 03:52 PM
    I've had the same issue with Harmonia - my phone will just randomly reboot now and then. I catch it every few days doing it. And then some of my apps will just reappear and disappear.
    04-10-2012 05:38 PM
    Must be an app or an update to an app that is crashing you, would be my guess. I would turn off GPS, AutoSync.

CuriousNoob, I'm curious (baddd pun...): you said in another thread I read, that 2.2.1 is faster than 2.2.2. Is that the truth, or are you making this up? Lol :P
    I don't remember, but the 2.2.1 devices with the older screen overclock higher than the 2.2.2 newer screen ones.
    04-10-2012 09:22 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD