06-19-2012 12:26 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    Same here

Tappatalkin' from My V
    04-11-2012 10:46 AM
    Took me 10 minutes flat. Thought it would be more of a hassle. TYVM for this!!!
    04-11-2012 01:39 PM
    Your guide is good and simple, if you know what you're looking at. Like I said I've never rooted with a pc, but I think I might try when i get home from work today. If I run into any probs I will post them. Thanks for helping.

Tappatalkin' from My V
    If you hit a snag, just pm me. I'll try to help you through any snags. Just remember I'm the primary caregiver of a colicky three month old, so there could be delays in my replies.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    rebel69ization likes this.
    04-11-2012 01:44 PM
    Newbie question (don't laugh)... Never rooted or flashed a phone before.

Stage 1
    1) Reboot into recovery. Check your current recovery version. If you have CWMT or MultiBoot you will need to change it, or this WILL brick your phone. Use Flash Image GUI (or the BACKside updater if you're running BACKside - thanks Jerry, you rock!) to flash Bobzhome's recovery.

So I held down the Home+down volume+pwr button and got the screen that said:

Android System Recovery

reboot system now
    apply sdcard: update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

I guess I didn't understand the instructions on line 1?
    Is there something that I missing in the recover?
    04-12-2012 12:58 PM
    Newbie question (don't laugh)... Never rooted or flashed a phone before.

Stage 1
    1) Reboot into recovery. Check your current recovery version. If you have CWMT or MultiBoot you will need to change it, or this WILL brick your phone. Use Flash Image GUI (or the BACKside updater if you're running BACKside - thanks Jerry, you rock!) to flash Bobzhome's recovery.

So I held down the Home+down volume+pwr button and got the screen that said:

Android System Recovery

reboot system now
    apply sdcard: update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

I guess I didn't understand the instructions on line 1?
    Is there something that I missing in the recover?
    it would appear you only have stock recovery. you can just put the update.zip from virgin mobile on your sdcard boot to recovery wipe data/factory reset and then apply sdcard:update.zip.
    kd7e likes this.
    04-12-2012 02:46 PM
    brotherswing, i've extracted the stock zv9 recovery here if you'd like to use it in your instructions instead of flashing the update.zip twice
    04-12-2012 02:51 PM
    Oh, yes please! I'm gonna make a couple of changes anyway, and that's a far more elegant method!

04-12-2012 09:18 PM
    lets do this!
    04-14-2012 12:12 AM
    I used your guide brotherswing, followed it to a tee and it worked! I know if it'll work for me it'll work for anyone! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER ANYONE WHO USES THIS! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Dave Begue and brotherswing like this.
    04-14-2012 10:08 PM
    I used your guide brotherswing, followed it to a tee and it worked! I know if it'll work for me it'll work for anyone! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER ANYONE WHO USES THIS! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Same here. When I rebooted the first time, it stuck on the ANDROID screen. That was documented, I followed the instructions to pull battery and reboot, worked fine.
    Latest build of BACKside running fine, no problems with WiFi, GPS or accelerometers.
    Many thanks for that clear bit of documentation. Very well done.
    04-15-2012 03:17 PM
    "The official VM670ZV9 update from VM, here" this sends me to the vm site
    04-15-2012 07:31 PM
    "The official VM670ZV9 update from VM, here" this sends me to the vm site
    Yes, that's where it's located. It's on the right-hand side of the page
    04-15-2012 07:34 PM
    Do i have to be signed in? is it by the sign in button or buy add to cart? im sorry i cant find it for some reason
    04-15-2012 07:41 PM
    Do i have to be signed in? is it by the sign in button or buy add to cart? im sorry i cant find it for some reason
    On my PC it automatically started the download, I never left the AndrodCentral page. It may work differently if you are trying to do this on your phone or some browser other than IE or Firefox.
    04-16-2012 01:24 AM
    Brotherswing, do you know why the new baseband is not showing up anywhere in my phone? It did when I did the update but not after reroot and restore.
    04-16-2012 05:29 AM
    Pretty simple if u dont over think it thanks alot
    04-16-2012 06:14 AM
    Brotherswing, do you know why the new baseband is not showing up anywhere in my phone? It did when I did the update but not after reroot and restore.
    The baseband information is pulled from the Rom. Mine reports "unknown" and has since about July of last year.

04-16-2012 10:04 AM
    So i would have to be running the stock rom to see it? How do I know if its really in there?
    04-16-2012 10:46 AM
    The mirage iho says zv5
    04-16-2012 10:47 AM
    There's a file buried in the system that lists it somewhere, I'm trying to remember it. JerryScript posted it in the radio update thread a couple of weeks ago.

04-16-2012 11:53 AM
    Yeah its a system file in system/sys/devices but it says zv5 in it I don't understand, did I even get an update? did I go through all of that for nothing?
    04-16-2012 12:37 PM
    I just used the backsideupdater feature to check my radio version and just saw that it still says V5. Yet I flashed the new radio zip a while ago.. Are the new radios not being written or are they just still saying V5?
    04-17-2012 12:22 AM
    I just used the backsideupdater feature to check my radio version and just saw that it still says V5. Yet I flashed the new radio zip a while ago.. Are the new radios not being written or are they just still saying V5?
    The radio zip does not work. The only way to get the new radio is to flash the whole vm update from stock recovery. You flash it once from a non-touch non-multirom custom recovery. Bobzhome or iho recovery recommended. That'll give you stock rom+ stock recovery. To get the radio you need to flash once more from stock recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-2012 02:10 AM
    Or you can flash the stock recovery and use it to flash the update.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?0wmt19eivnwuezu

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-2012 02:17 AM
    That's why just flashing the radio zip isn't part of my guide.

04-17-2012 04:04 AM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD