[Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically challeng

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically chal

So in all honesty, is it safe to say this thread is pretty much dead ? I mean, this thread has been added to 4 weeks now with no positive result. So, with that being said, we should all leave the radio versions as-is

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

So in all honesty, is it safe to say this thread is pretty much dead ? I mean, this thread has been added to 4 weeks now with no positive result. So, with that being said, we should all leave the radio versions as-is /--- with the exception , of course, of the select few who got the ov with the update already on it

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Double posting much less posting in it only keeps it bumped to the top. Let threads die dont bump them to get them deleted. See that red triangle with a exclamation mark in it? Use that to get threads closed or whatever.

Cincy Dad

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for the very clear instructions. I bought an Optimus when they first came out so I had a very old radio. I agree that the GPS lock in is the most noticeable improvement.

I had to redo the process a 2nd time as my baseband version was wrong after the first try. When I got to this step: "5) Your phone may or may not boot at this point - don't panic! If it doesn't boot, just pull the battery, then boot back into recovery. If it did boot up, reboot into recovery anyway!" during my first, failed attempt, I just booted into recovery and flashed again and this is where I messed up. It appears that if you don't at least attempt to boot the phone (for me, I got stuck in a boot loop), then it won't install the stock recovery which is required for the for the radio flash.

davised87

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Links worked for me yesterday. Thanks for all the help. I was even able to replace the VM670NH recovery with a different one and just had to change a line in the .bat file and all was well.

Anyone else have issues with Dark Tremor apps2sd script after doing this update? I decided to give up and use link2sd instead, but I liked the simplicity of the apps2sd script.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Links worked for me yesterday. Thanks for all the help. I was even able to replace the VM670NH recovery with a different one and just had to change a line in the .bat file and all was well.

Anyone else have issues with Dark Tremor apps2sd script after doing this update? I decided to give up and use link2sd instead, but I liked the simplicity of the apps2sd script.

No issues here with dta2sd

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I have the update file if anyone needs it. You will just have to give me time to upload it.

jcf41

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site

Quick question. I just got my Optimus V this weekend and it has the zv9 update already on it. So, do I skip stage 1 and just go straight to stage 2 to root with whatever ROM?

Also, any recommendations on a good ROM/Kernel for my situation?

Thanks

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. I just got my Optimus V this weekend and it has the zv9 update already on it. So, do I skip stage 1 and just go straight to stage 2 to root with whatever ROM?

Also, any recommendations on a good ROM/Kernel for my situation?

Thanks

Yes. You can just start by rooting it.
As for roms, its your choice, I think by now all the big issues with the update have been fixed so pretty much any rom will work for you. It mostly depends on your usage and what you need your phone for most.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I really like quattrimus. Magpie is in my opinion the fastest, smoothest, awesomest gingerbread rom out there, but I'm incredibly biased... I've never tried BACKside but I've heard great things about it. Mirage is what I ran before I made my rom. So my personal recommendation is magpie or mirage. I probably should flash backside to get a feel for it.

Magpie's major feature is well.. magpie. App moving and sd-ext support built into the framework and settings of the rom. Its also got some nice themes included ;)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I use backside most... But with zv9 you still need to flash BobZhome's v4 kernel or you'll have reboots texting

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone access fastboot in ZV9 (or is there a way to unlock it?)? I have ZV4 but don't want to permanently loose my fastboot access. From what I hear, bootloader access was removed. I'd love to update to ZV9, but I want to keep my bootloader access.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read bootloader was locked in ZV5 and can't be accessed in 5 or 9

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm if it were disabled would I be able to boot to it still? I've been able to adb reboot bootloader but never managed to get any commands to work after that.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I flashed this but it never updated the radio for me. When I booted back into recovery the second time, it was the original recovery, so the steps didn't work for me, because I realized you had to reflash FROM the stock recovery. After I realized that, I simply reflashed from the stock, and it worked.

Not only that, but I still have bootloader access! Sweet! :)

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

So I followed the steps correctly , got back to stock rom, correctly saw zv9 in baseband and got root. Then I formatted everything - i mean everything in the mounts section and reflashed an iho rom. The rom is now reporting baseband back at the original zv4.

Any ideas as to which area I'm not supposed to format to get this to stick ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci