I'm only 14 so I guess I didn't know what I was doing but I tried installing a custom ROM and kept running into problem after problem. Finally I got a recovery screen to show up and went through the steps to install the ROM. When I got to the "flash new ROM" step I realised my mac had automatically unzipped my ROM so I couldn't install it. I told the phone to reboot, figuring I could connect it and add the new ROM without a problem... I couldn't. It's stuck on the LG screen and the phone won't show up in adb so I don't know what to do. Please help? Thanks. If there is a similar thread that I didn't read can you post a link?
    04-09-2012 08:44 PM
    I'm only 14 so I guess I didn't know what I was doing but I tried installing a custom ROM and kept running into problem after problem. Finally I got a recovery screen to show up and went through the steps to install the ROM. When I got to the "flash new ROM" step I realised my mac had automatically unzipped my ROM so I couldn't install it. I told the phone to reboot, figuring I could connect it and add the new ROM without a problem... I couldn't. It's stuck on the LG screen and the phone won't show up in adb so I don't know what to do. Please help? Thanks. If there is a similar thread that I didn't read can you post a link?
    First off being only 14 is no excuse a lot of the people on here are around that age (lots older too). But here's what you do: boot back into recovery, go to mounts and storage, then go to mount usb, and copy the Unzipped rom ont the sdcard and then flash it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-09-2012 08:47 PM
    Haha, I didn't think most computer nerds were young. I just tried to mount it as a usb and it gives this error: E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)
    04-09-2012 08:52 PM
    What if I remove the SD card and put the zip on from my computer using a card reader? Could that work?
    04-09-2012 08:55 PM
    If you can take SD card out and put it in your PC. Transfer that way

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    Haha, I didn't think most computer nerds were young. I just tried to mount it as a usb and it gives this error: E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)
    Haha I'm 18, there's others your age here, not all are young though. Pull the battery and boot back into recovery to see if it happens again. Also make sure all the drivers are installed on your mac.

Well for one, in the future, you might not want to start the thread with "I'm only 14 so...". I was 13 when I started ROM flashing and such so your age has nothing to do with it. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I really would like to help you. You should provide some more information. You say "I got a recovery screen to show up". Do you remember what the screen was? Was it orange, and did it say CWM at the bottom? Have you used ROM manager?
    04-09-2012 08:56 PM
    Oops, should've refreshed the page before posting.
    04-09-2012 08:57 PM
    Oops, should've refreshed the page before posting.
    Haha happened to me too... and I'm using tapatalk

04-09-2012 08:58 PM
    Okay, you guys all helped immensely and after transferring the file to the SD card, I got the phone working. Now I have a new problem. The ROM (Quattrimus) asks me to sign in using a GMail account, which I should be able to do since I have an account. Whenever I try to sign in it gives this error: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care." I've had trouble connecting to my wifi for a week or so, but I've just used 3G. Because Virgin Mobile seems to have forgotten that my phone is already activated, it won't let me use 3G now. All wifi networks nearby act like I can connect to them but don't actually work. Before rooting I got the remembered/disabled error. Should I make a new board or is posting it here OK? And do you have any idea how to fix the wifi? I tried deleting some settings file because another board said to do that but it didn't work. The ROM itself works fine so far.
    04-09-2012 11:12 PM
    I don't think using a ROM in an ALPHA testing state is such a good idea for your situation. Try using a more stable ROM, like one of the Gingerbread based IHO ROM's or Froyo based Harmonia 1 ROM.

Quattrimus hasn't even made it into BETA testing so, if you are new to custom ROM's, Quattrimus is not a good start for you.
    04-09-2012 11:22 PM
    I've heard a lot about Backside, and I think that's stable. Do you know if it's any good? And no matter what I use, I'm still going to have the internet problem. That was there before I rooted.
    04-09-2012 11:30 PM
    Its more of personal preference and what seems best for your device when it comes to IHO. Currently I'm using BobZhome's IHO ROM (Build 032312) simply because of how stable it has been running on my phone and it hasn't given me any problems based on its daily usage.
    04-09-2012 11:35 PM
    I'm only 14
    Me and my friend max started deving for the g1 last summer. He was 15 and I was 16. Age doesn't matter. Experience is what matters now. With some patience and will to learn, you could easily join the other devs here (I'm too lazy to)
    04-10-2012 01:21 AM
    I'm 14 to, and I had the same problem when I was 13 my phone got stuck in recovery mode! All I had to do was call a representative and say your phone messed up, then they'll send you a new one! Just letting you know because maybe you'd rather just get a brand new FREE phone haha!
    04-10-2012 04:28 PM
    I've heard a lot about Backside, and I think that's stable. Do you know if it's any good? And no matter what I use, I'm still going to have the internet problem. That was there before I rooted.
    Like I said call 611 ask to speak to a live advisor, tell them that you phone isn't working, and they'll mail you a BRAND NEW one!
    04-10-2012 04:30 PM
    Btw, I'm glad to see that there's KIDS I thought I was the only one (: haha
    04-10-2012 04:32 PM
    Btw, I'm glad to see that there's KIDS I thought I was the only one (: haha
    Haha I know right

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-2012 05:06 PM
    I'm 14 to, and I had the same problem when I was 13 my phone got stuck in recovery mode! All I had to do was call a representative and say your phone messed up, then they'll send you a new one! Just letting you know because maybe you'd rather just get a brand new FREE phone haha!
    Like I said call 611 ask to speak to a live advisor, tell them that you phone isn't working, and they'll mail you a BRAND NEW one!
    This is THE worst thing to do. It's because of this that carriers lock down phones. It was your mistake, you should have to pay for it. Only a select few have COMPLETELY bricked their Optimus's. You can almost always unbrick these things, if you know how.
    04-10-2012 05:33 PM
    This is THE worst thing to do. It's because of this that carriers lock down phones. It was your mistake, you should have to pay for it. Only a select few have COMPLETELY bricked their Optimus's. You can almost always unbrick these things, if you know how.
    Calm down! I'm just saying! And its not like the carrier can't have the phone fixed! They have engineers and computer technicians who are 10x smarter than alot (not all of us) of us, so I'm sure they aren't losing anything. And they don't lock down phones there's always a way to get around things trust me. And I didn't know you could unbrick phones at that time.
    04-10-2012 05:43 PM
    Calm down! I'm just saying! And its not like the carrier can't have the phone fixed! They have engineers and computer technicians who are 10x smarter than alot (not all of us) of us, so I'm sure they aren't losing anything. And they don't lock down phones there's always a way to get around things trust me. And I didn't know you could unbrick phones at that time.
    They arent losing anything? You have no clue how much it costs to fix a phone that a novice breaks. Each phone returned cost VM 15 bucks in shipping, then they have to pay somebody to sort out the phones for warranty and phone being returned for other reasons. Then there is the tech that will plug the phone in see its a user error and start the process of refurbishing the phone. Instead of that tech fixing a phone like curious noob set back that had a mechanical failure.

You are fourteen you have no idea the costs involved in returning phone for a false warranty claim.
    sellers86 likes this.
    04-10-2012 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD