04-21-2012 08:45 AM
123 1234 ...
tools
    You're right Noob, the kernel is most likely a big help to the performance boost. Which is something we can't use.
    04-10-2012 08:36 PM
    Isn't the quattrimus kernel (whenever it gets completed) going to have the updated GPU drivers that this uses? Speaking of that, has anyone else started using those? BobZ?
    04-10-2012 09:29 PM
    Isn't the quattrimus kernel (whenever it gets completed) going to have the updated GPU drivers that this uses? Speaking of that, has anyone else started using those? BobZ?
    Doesn't matter. GSM Optimus' have better communities, hate it or love it, and their kernel is undoubtedly more efficient than IHOs.

Better off (and easier) to get the S stuff working on our side.
    04-10-2012 11:30 PM
    The rom is Cyanogenmod, not 4.0 .No offense.... but you guys really have to read before you go:

OMG! ICS FOR ME!

Doesn't matter. GSM Optimus' have better communities, hate it or love it, and their kernel is undoubtedly more efficient than IHOs.

Better off (and easier) to get the S stuff working on our side.
    True. S roms don't hurt our phone whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-10-2012 11:45 PM
    I'm a little late to post here but I looked at the tweak list and to me it can be broken down into a few parts
    -themed
    -pulling stuff from ics? (Graphics drivers too probably)
    -"tweaks" aka scripts that, mostly via placebo effect, appear to improve performance
    -kernel.

If someone ports this rom, it'll likely be buggy and lose any performance gains. Plus we lose the kernel which I think is the biggest part.
    If you guys really want this then I'd suggest hunting down the tweaks, finding a similar theme, and putting it in a stock iho rom. Then ask a dev to make a similar kernel. (I'm currently hunting down the kernel to see what's different.)
    04-10-2012 11:58 PM
    Has any one try flashing this rom follow, By bobzhome kernel v3.7, its worth a shot but please remember that your responsible for your actions!" Ian just simply speaking my mind!!! Try at your on will !! If you do decide to flash please post here!
    04-11-2012 12:23 AM
    The rom is Cyanogenmod, not 4.0 .No offense.... but you guys really have to read before you go:

OMG! ICS FOR ME!
    When did I ever assume this was ICS? I even specifically mentioned another ROM and I was drawing a comparison between kernels. Also saying it's "Cyanogenmod" doesn't mean anything because CM could mean any number of Android versions.
    04-11-2012 12:49 AM
    Whoa whoa whoa we all have to calm down here... I just wanted to know if this was possible just like many. IF devs want to take this into their own hands I'm sure they will but lets just all get along and be happy we got some information whether it be contrasting ideas okay?
    04-11-2012 01:01 AM
    I think noob is just trying to avoid the inevitable posts of people complaining this broke my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2012 01:05 AM
    i tried it everything is fine except no market (get cm7gapps) and wifi issue. i flashed the p500 rom followed by bobzhome march 23rd. Not sure what to look for but seems snappier. Except there are two file managers and there is sms popup, compass, miui music and mobo player and quick pic apps. I dont know if these were already on bobzhome
    04-11-2012 07:24 AM
    If gannon or someone can work on the rom, I can work on a fancy new kernel for it. I think I'm going to start with the kernel I use in my iho rom, then add patches from the one this uses that I can almost understand until I have something similar

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2012 10:00 AM
    I cant seem to get the wifi to work as well as all the apps on this rom. I tried the iho but just a few apps were added from the GTR rom. Ive tried Mirage and IHO backside wifi still an issue as also all the apps that are suppose to be included and tweaks on this rom.
    04-11-2012 10:06 AM
    If gannon or someone can work on the rom, I can work on a fancy new kernel for it. I think I'm going to start with the kernel I use in my iho rom, then add patches from the one this uses that I can almost understand until I have something similar

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Unless it improves greatly in performance, I will not be the one to do this. But I will gladly port and test your kernel for you to see if it improves in performance.
    04-11-2012 10:13 AM
    Also works on CM9 ICS but again no wifi and just the few added apps as mentioned not the full rom its a mixture
    04-11-2012 10:34 AM
    Keep in mind that the p500 also had an upgrade with the Adreno 200 drivers. I don't know anything about the drivers, where they came from, or if they are already implemented on the IHO build. I had posted something about it, with a link to it on XDA before, but no real discussion took place in regards.

Here's the link the new Adreno 200 libs for the p500

[tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated - xda-developers

*edit*

I saw tvall's post and yes, its alot of tweaks, it seems like overkill IMO, some would be overlapping unless the dev weeded through all the different tweaks. I use a few of them for my phone and they do help slightly with the performance, but nothing to brag about.
    wagonburner likes this.
    04-11-2012 11:56 AM
    I hear on the tweaks but could this work if we figured the Adreno into it?
    04-11-2012 12:33 PM
    I hear on the tweaks but could this work if we figured the Adreno into it?
    If it's just init.d scripts it can possibly work. IHO's hardware acceleration performance isn't all that great, namely in games & scrolling. You can tell by how choppy scrolling is without enabling most of the performance enhancements that CM7 provides.

The real magic would be the kernel. And as close as our phones are, we have enough differences to not make it fully compatible.
    04-11-2012 02:42 PM
    been working on a kernel using a select few patches from what appears to be the kernel for that rom. anyone wanna test? (if it works without issues it'll be the kernel used in my rom) its currently compiling

changes for anyone who cares:
    bobzhome's kernel +:
    -ck2 patchset (personal preference. improves latency and experience on desktops and other user devices)
    -bfs cpu scheduler (from -ck + a fix for android)
    -bfq and sio io schedulers (sio default, what is used in the p500 rom)
    -handful of patches from the p500 kernel. (the few that cleanly patched)
    04-11-2012 07:56 PM
    Yes!

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V
    04-11-2012 07:57 PM
    Throw me it
    04-11-2012 08:16 PM
    actually.. need another half hour or so. i experimented with come cpufreq patches and broke it....
    glarepate likes this.
    04-11-2012 08:25 PM
    actually.. need another half hour or so. i experimented with come cpufreq patches and broke it....
    I know how you feel, just broke my whole CNA environment the other day. It took me ~ 2 weeks of 24 hour hard work to get where I was..
    04-11-2012 08:33 PM
    I know how you feel, just broke my whole CNA environment the other day. It took me ~ 2 weeks of 24 hour hard work to get where I was..
    thats what git is for. a simple 'rm -rf * && git checkout ." got me right back where i was
    04-11-2012 08:45 PM
    thats what git is for. a simple 'rm -rf * && git checkout ." got me right back where i was
    Guess it sucks I'm a git noob then, lol. But it's fine, I'm already back on my toes and trying it again.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-11-2012 08:48 PM
    heres the kernel. hopefully i didnt break nothin
    (not a flashable zip. just the kernel and modules zipped up)

(don't use this, check below for flashable zip)

edit: removed. go get the latest on my thread
    04-11-2012 09:05 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD