04-21-2012 08:45 AM
123 12345
tools
    heres the kernel. hopefully i didnt break nothin
    (not a flashable zip. just the kernel and modules zipped up)
    Do you want me to decompile Bob's recovery and throw the zimage in?
    Have you thought of koush's anykernel flash zip? It's real helpful
    04-11-2012 09:33 PM
    Do you want me to decompile Bob's recovery and throw the zimage in?
    Have you thought of koush's anykernel flash zip? It's real helpful
    ive already modified his build.sh script to do it all for me. i was just lazy

heres a flashable zip

(note: its old. check the other thread i hijacked)
    clodfelterac likes this.
    04-11-2012 09:51 PM
    Thanks!! Downloading an ill test on iho builds
    tvall likes this.
    04-11-2012 10:05 PM
    Successfully flash on the latest backside! Feels smooth, slick, great job tvall ill keep it and do more testing! ! Feels great tho!!!"
    04-11-2012 10:29 PM
    If it improves performance I'll be sure to include it in my next MIUIgb update.
    Shade808 and Badboytoast like this.
    04-11-2012 10:50 PM
    Hold on a minute, is that download a new kernel? Does it work better or is it a placebo?
    04-12-2012 12:54 AM
    Hold on a minute, is that download a new kernel? Does it work better or is it a placebo?
    If people notice extreme differences then its a placebo. But there are a few changes that could help some.
    The sio scheduler I know nothing about, but its used in quattrimus so I decided to try it (also have noop, deadline, and bfq compiled in as options). The -ck patchset works wonders on my desktops, so using it here should help (using bfs on the mytouch 3g was noticeably more responsive). Everything else.. idk.
    04-12-2012 01:06 AM
    Also wanted to point something out, the kernel is kinda aiming at improved responsiveness. there's a difference between that and performance.
    example. My desktop using a kernel from the debian repo can compile a kernel quickly, but I can do nothing else while doing this = performance
    Vanilla kernel + ck patches takes a little longer to compile, but I barely notice its even doing anything while I watch YouTube and waste time in facebook = responsive
    My build box/web server is configured to be not very responsive at all (I even notice lag in ssh) but it does its jobs quick = performance

On these phones, I think we want responsiveness
    (People smarter than me, please correct any errors I made)
    04-12-2012 01:14 AM
    You seriously believe people besides Bob or tdm to read that and understand every word? LOL!
    jk, nice job! I'm seeing some overall better performances. Now to take a speed test to really determine
    04-12-2012 01:24 AM
    Also wanted to point something out, the kernel is kinda aiming at improved responsiveness. there's a difference between that and performance.
    example. My desktop using a kernel from the debian repo can compile a kernel quickly, but I can do nothing else while doing this = performance
    Vanilla kernel + ck patches takes a little longer to compile, but I barely notice its even doing anything while I watch YouTube and waste time in facebook = responsive
    My build box/web server is configured to be not very responsive at all (I even notice lag in ssh) but it does its jobs quick = performance

On these phones, I think we want responsiveness
    (People smarter than me, please correct any errors I made)
    I don't understand a lot of the mumbo jumbo, but I ran some tests of my own (basic tests).
    I flashed the newest version of bobzhome and ran neocore. It had 55-57 fps in the tests I ran. I then installed this kernel and found that the fps were the same, EXCEPT (here's where it gets good) I recorded myself dragging the statusbar too and fro with both kernels at slow, moderate, then fast speeds. Guess which one did better? The one you uploaded it felt and is more responsive.
    04-12-2012 01:30 AM
    I don't understand a lot of the mumbo jumbo, but I ran some tests of my own (basic tests).
    I flashed the newest version of bobzhome and ran neocore. It had 55-57 fps in the tests I ran. I then installed this kernel and found that the fps were the same, EXCEPT (here's where it gets good) I recorded myself dragging the statusbar too and fro with both kernels at slow, moderate, then fast speeds. Guess which one did better? The one you uploaded it felt and is more responsive.
    So then I consider this a success (didn't expect real benchmarks to show much). Thanks for testing for me.
    04-12-2012 01:40 AM
    You seriously believe people besides Bob or tdm to read that and understand every word? LOL!
    Tried to keep it simple, but I guess I'm just better at showing off.

jk, nice job! I'm seeing some overall better performances. Now to take a speed test to really determine
    Enjoy

Also, this kernel is now included in my iho-magpie rom from the 11.4.12 release on.
    Source is at https://github.com/tvall43/android_kernel_thunderc

You can now go back to the previous discussion about the cm7 rom for the p500 with overkill tweaks, a nice theme, updated gpu libs, and a cool kernel
    rebel69ization likes this.
    04-12-2012 01:42 AM
    WOW

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V
    04-12-2012 05:39 AM

04-12-2012 05:45 AM
    Click to view quoted image

And how does that compare to the rom without the kernel? (I'm assuming your showing a benchmark with the new kernel)
    04-12-2012 06:37 AM
    Do i flash latest backside then this kernel or can we do mirage too?
    04-12-2012 07:00 AM
    Do i flash latest backside then this kernel or can we do mirage too?
    Its just a kernel. Use it on any gb rom (its the default one in my rom)
    04-12-2012 07:01 AM
    Is this part of the p500 GTR rom? For example for best perfomance what rom would you recommened? do i flash rom magpie then go back and flash kernel? im new
    04-12-2012 07:04 AM
    The numbers are a lot higher, they were just a little better than the hero before, now they are way better.

04-12-2012 07:15 AM
    Do i just flash kernel only or what rom is compatible? Im on ICS. Can i use Mirage or Backside or magpie?
    04-12-2012 07:16 AM
    Is this part of the p500 GTR rom? For example for best perfomance what rom would you recommened? do i flash rom magpie then go back and flash kernel? im new
    The kernel has some patches from the one in the gtr rom. But they aren't too similar.
    My magpie rom has it built in. Flash it and.. that's all. If you want to use this kernel on another rom, flash it after flashing the rom.
    And I avoid recommending roms because I'm biased toward mine
    glarepate likes this.
    04-12-2012 07:17 AM
    I got it ty
    04-12-2012 07:20 AM
    What is a good setting in performance at 245/600 i dont see anything really. do i flash the kern.zip too with magpie?
    04-12-2012 07:33 AM
    Tvall, would you give me permission to put this in bumblebee if it works?
    04-12-2012 07:41 AM
    What is a good setting in performance at 245/600 i dont see anything really. do i flash the kern.zip too with magpie?
    Are you talking about the performance governor? If that's the case, and you have it set at 245/600, it's going to stay at 600 all the time. You want to use onDemand, or smartass.

This space intentionally left blank.
    04-12-2012 07:54 AM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD