04-21-2012 09:45 AM
123 ... 2345
tools
    Sorry what i meant to see anything with this kernel would on demand or smartass at 480/806 be good also for battery life?
    04-12-2012 08:56 AM
    I'm mirage with tvall kernel, interactive x gov, min 480- max 864

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V
    04-12-2012 09:37 AM
    I take mine off charge at 5am every morn and still have 35-40% at 9pm

04-12-2012 09:39 AM
    there is lag at 480/864. Are you running v6 scripts?
    04-12-2012 09:58 AM
    Everyone's processor is a little different. Mine isn't even stable at that speed.

This space intentionally left blank.
    04-12-2012 10:53 AM
    I must have a good one, it seems to be able to run at any speed

04-12-2012 11:47 AM
    Tvall, would you give me permission to put this in bumblebee if it works?
    Sure, go ahead. But its an iho kernel so I'm not sure how well it'll work on froyo. Maybe someone else could apply the same patches to a froyo kernel
    04-12-2012 11:57 AM
    What is a good setting in performance at 245/600 i dont see anything really. do i flash the kern.zip too with magpie?
    I run whatever lowest is - 600 (my phone can't handle any more) with the interactive governor
    04-12-2012 11:59 AM
    OMFG a new kernel?!?!?!?!?! I've been waiting for so long... Of course I discover this after flashing, and updating/tweaking my build.

*Edit* Mmmmmmm yummy...
    04-12-2012 12:11 PM
    You should make a thread for this kernel. It seems to be rocking socks. Quick question. Any reason the governor is set to conservative at default? It seems smooth as glass on the setting.
    04-12-2012 12:31 PM
    hows this new kernal compared to the amphetamines kernel?
    04-12-2012 12:36 PM
    You should make a thread for this kernel. It seems to be rocking socks. Quick question. Any reason the governor is set to conservative at default? It seems smooth as glass on the setting.
    This kernel isn't really anything special. I'm surprised people like it. I'll ask bobzhome what he thinks of it first then decide where to go with it.
    Conservative? I thought i set as ondemand.. I'm a noob.
    04-12-2012 12:37 PM
    hows this new kernal compared to the amphetamines kernel?
    If I can get a copy I be more them will to compare!!!

I've installed tvalls kernel and gave my phone a little more speed with amphetamines. Zip
    04-12-2012 12:45 PM

I've installed tvalls kernel and gave my phone a little more speed with amphetamines. Zip
    Amphetamines is not a kernel, it is a couple int.d tweaks compiled in a flashable .zip.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    04-12-2012 12:46 PM
    Can someone link me to the amphetamines zip?
    04-12-2012 12:46 PM
    Sure, go ahead. But its an iho kernel so I'm not sure how well it'll work on froyo. Maybe someone else could apply the same patches to a froyo kernel
    It will work im sure, I'm using bobzhome 3.7 right now on froyo. The iho kernels are actualy the only kernels that work well with the newest virgin update. For some reason, screen rotation doesn't work with the froyo kernels. I don't know if I'll actually use it, but based on the comments here, it looks like you mights made something special
    04-12-2012 12:47 PM
    This kernel isn't really anything special. I'm surprised people like it. I'll ask bobzhome what he thinks of it first then decide where to go with it.
    Conservative? I thought i set as ondemand.. I'm a noob.
    Anything to increase the responsiveness/performance my friend. And there is slight a difference between your tweaked kernel and bob's original. I think a main factor was by switching the I/O scheduler from deadline to sio. I also have v6 supercharger and KAK running. zooM...zooM...

>.<
    Badboytoast likes this.
    Kool that's the one I add! Thanks! with this new kernel!

link to tvalls kernel? lol

Can someone link me to the amphetamines zip?
    sure thing

Amphetamines is not a kernel, it is a couple int.d tweaks compiled in a flashable .zip.
    my bad
    clodfelterac likes this.
    04-12-2012 12:56 PM
    Page 6

Thanks
    04-12-2012 01:04 PM
    Anything to increase the responsiveness/performance my friend. And there is slight a difference between your tweaked kernel and bob's original. I think a main factor was by switching the I/O scheduler from deadline to sio. I also have v6 supercharger and KAK running. zooM...zooM...

>.<
    there's also the bfs CPU scheduler (pita to get working.. lots of Googling) which is what I assumed made the most improvement. I also want to experiment with the bfq io scheduler (its already compiled in) but I'm kinda lazy (without the kinda)
    04-12-2012 01:13 PM
    there's also the bfs CPU scheduler (pita to get working.. lots of Googling) which is what I assumed made the most improvement. I also want to experiment with the bfq io scheduler (its already compiled in) but I'm kinda lazy (without the kinda)
    From what I understand sio is preferred over bfq. Here is a tidbit I snagged from XDA. Good read if people want to get a better idea of how android works.

Link to thread: [REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs - xda-developers

Tidbit: 4) BFQ

Instead of time slices allocation by CFQ, BFQ assigns budgets. Disk is granted to an active process until it's budget (number of sectors) expires. BFQ assigns high budgets to non-read tasks. Budget assigned to a process varies over time as a function of it's behavior.

Advantages:

Believed to be very good for usb data transfer rate.
    Believed to be the best scheduler for HD video recording and video streaming. (because of less jitter as compared to CFQ and others)
    Considered an accurate i/o scheduler.
    Achieves about 30% more throughput than CFQ on most workloads.

Disadvantages:

Not the best scheduler for benchmarking.
    Higher budget assigned to a process can affect interactivity and increased latency.

5) SIO

Simple I/O scheduler aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority quesues concepts, but only basic merging. Sio is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.

Advantages:

Simple, so reliable.
    Minimized starvation of requests.

Disadvantages:

Slow random-read speeds on flash drives, compared to other schedulers.
    Sequential-read speeds on flash drives also not so good.
    04-12-2012 01:23 PM
    English please :?
    04-12-2012 01:29 PM
    Based on that, i think ill leave sio as the default
    04-12-2012 01:35 PM
    English please :?
    That's why I posted the thread. LOL!
    04-12-2012 01:36 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD