P500 performance

cell2012

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Cool ty well this sure looks like it would be a big hit with our phones whenever someone has the time i know you guys are all very busy and have lives too

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool ty well this sure looks like it would be a big hit with our phones whenever someone has the time i know you guys are all very busy and have lives too

Don't forget that just because it has special features to " THAT PHONE " doesn't mean we'll have the same thing.

You guys are forgetting the hardware differences.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything though...

Reactions: rebel69ization

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the quattrimus kernel (whenever it gets completed) going to have the updated GPU drivers that this uses? Speaking of that, has anyone else started using those? BobZ?

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the quattrimus kernel (whenever it gets completed) going to have the updated GPU drivers that this uses? Speaking of that, has anyone else started using those? BobZ?

Doesn't matter. GSM Optimus' have better communities, hate it or love it, and their kernel is undoubtedly more efficient than IHOs.

Better off (and easier) to get the S stuff working on our side.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

The rom is Cyanogenmod, not 4.0 .No offense.... but you guys really have to read before you go:

OMG! ICS FOR ME!

Doesn't matter. GSM Optimus' have better communities, hate it or love it, and their kernel is undoubtedly more efficient than IHOs.

Better off (and easier) to get the S stuff working on our side.

True. S roms don't hurt our phone whatsoever. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little late to post here but I looked at the tweak list and to me it can be broken down into a few parts
-themed
-pulling stuff from ics? (Graphics drivers too probably)
-"tweaks" aka scripts that, mostly via placebo effect, appear to improve performance
-kernel.

If someone ports this rom, it'll likely be buggy and lose any performance gains. Plus we lose the kernel which I think is the biggest part.
If you guys really want this then I'd suggest hunting down the tweaks, finding a similar theme, and putting it in a stock iho rom. Then ask a dev to make a similar kernel. (I'm currently hunting down the kernel to see what's different.)

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Has any one try flashing this rom follow, By bobzhome kernel v3.7, its worth a shot but please remember that your responsible for your actions!" Ian just simply speaking my mind!!! Try at your on will !! If you do decide to flash please post here!

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The rom is Cyanogenmod, not 4.0 .No offense.... but you guys really have to read before you go:

OMG! ICS FOR ME!

When did I ever assume this was ICS? I even specifically mentioned another ROM and I was drawing a comparison between kernels. Also saying it's "Cyanogenmod" doesn't mean anything because CM could mean any number of Android versions.

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa we all have to calm down here... I just wanted to know if this was possible just like many. IF devs want to take this into their own hands I'm sure they will but lets just all get along and be happy we got some information whether it be contrasting ideas okay? :D

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think noob is just trying to avoid the inevitable posts of people complaining this broke my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

cell2012

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i tried it everything is fine except no market (get cm7gapps) and wifi issue. i flashed the p500 rom followed by bobzhome march 23rd. Not sure what to look for but seems snappier. Except there are two file managers and there is sms popup, compass, miui music and mobo player and quick pic apps. I dont know if these were already on bobzhome

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
If gannon or someone can work on the rom, I can work on a fancy new kernel for it. I think I'm going to start with the kernel I use in my iho rom, then add patches from the one this uses that I can almost understand until I have something similar

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cell2012

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to get the wifi to work as well as all the apps on this rom. I tried the iho but just a few apps were added from the GTR rom. Ive tried Mirage and IHO backside wifi still an issue as also all the apps that are suppose to be included and tweaks on this rom.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If gannon or someone can work on the rom, I can work on a fancy new kernel for it. I think I'm going to start with the kernel I use in my iho rom, then add patches from the one this uses that I can almost understand until I have something similar

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Unless it improves greatly in performance, I will not be the one to do this. But I will gladly port and test your kernel for you to see if it improves in performance.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that the p500 also had an upgrade with the Adreno 200 drivers. I don't know anything about the drivers, where they came from, or if they are already implemented on the IHO build. I had posted something about it, with a link to it on XDA before, but no real discussion took place in regards.

Here's the link the new Adreno 200 libs for the p500

[tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated - xda-developers

*edit*

I saw tvall's post and yes, its alot of tweaks, it seems like overkill IMO, some would be overlapping unless the dev weeded through all the different tweaks. I use a few of them for my phone and they do help slightly with the performance, but nothing to brag about.

Last edited:
Reactions: wagonburner

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane