Weird "Search" widget and app with no icon..

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ok,ive noticed this piece of crap on roms,can't find a way to get rid of it,and want it gone. either it shows up as a magnifying glass or as an extra google search widget. uninstalling google search isnt the issue because its still there. its not a virus i dont believe because none of the market scanners show it up as such. in fact i always get a clean read from the scanners. either way im positive this "search" isnt needed and i want to remove it. if i could safely id delete google search also. any ideas on this crapola search app??

edit for clarification: im not saying anyone here put it in their roms or what it is exactly,i dont have a clue...i just know i always end up with this thing and have yet to find a way to get rid of it. and ive only come across it on roms and not stock. i know on desktop...stuff like this is malware and usually are as hard to remove.

Last edited:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
ok,ive noticed this piece of crap on roms,can't find a way to get rid of it,and want it gone. either it shows up as a magnifying glass or as an extra google search widget. uninstalling google search isnt the issue because its still there. its not a virus i dont believe because none of the market scanners show it up as such. in fact i always get a clean read from the scanners. either way im positive this "search" isnt needed and i want to remove it. if i could safely id delete google search also. any ideas on this crapola search app??

I have no idea on this Ive noticed it to. I dont really care though its not that big of a deal

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Its what happens when you have both Quicksearchbox.apk and googlequicksearchbox.apk installed on the phone. Look in system/apps and you'll find both there. Just delete the quicksearchbox one. Its a problem with gapps not deleting it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: curtis1973

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
seriously,i wouldn't be surprised if im not the problem with this issue lol. i install everything that floats down the river! "saay buddy!!! wanna try death_turd.apk!?! eh eh??" ;) so i says suuuure why not!! :D then phone starts smokin n beepin...lol

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
seriously,i wouldn't be surprised if im not the problem with this issue lol. i install everything that floats down the river! "saay buddy!!! wanna try death_turd.apk!?! eh eh??" ;) so i says suuuure why not!! :D then phone starts smokin n beepin...lol

Lol

Sent from futuristic optimus s

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
amen lol,and the update is this. i was the problem...gotta watch those 4shared apps i download lmao. i installed the latest iho backside and the spooky search was gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21