[Q]A Good Question. Please look.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If I use a nandroid backup of the stock rom, 2.2.2, and flash stock recovery, unroot using Gingerbreak, and finally, Factory Reset, Will the phone brick?

I've seen people say they rooted, then unrooted and factory reseted which bricked them. I want a for sure answer, because I'm planning on getting a recall on this phone.

Ever since I flashed the radio update, my phone freezes, even on stock rom. No matter what I do, it happens.

Please and Thank you.

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If I use a nandroid backup of the stock rom, 2.2.2, and flash stock recovery, unroot using Gingerbreak, and finally, Factory Reset, Will the phone brick?

I've seen people say they rooted, then unrooted and factory reseted which bricked them. I want a for sure answer, because I'm planning on getting a recall on this phone.

Ever since I flashed the radio update, my phone freezes, even on stock rom. No matter what I do, it happens.

Please and Thank you.

Man you have had issues with that phone ever since you got it haven't you? Seems like the hardware on it is pretty bunk. Flashing the update.zip from virgin returns you to stock if that's what you were looking to do.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly. I used Leslie's patch, but yeah. It's been wonky since the update. Can't do a thing. I triy 480-600 OnDemand, etc, and yet it still freezes. Even on stock. :(

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Any recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I used VM670NH_recovery.img when I installed the full update. After the full update installation I had to go back in recovery and factory reset then install the update again in order for the radio update to successfully install and boot up the phone into the stock froyo.

Reactions: CuriousNoob

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
This is a question re: the first part of OP. What is the proper method to flashing a stock recovery, exactly? Can you perform it from CWMA recovery?

I flashed the stock recovery file on these forums on a new OV, using Joey Krim's app. When I boot to recovery the LG silver logo screen shows but I lose video. I know it was flashed right though because I can hit the home key once and it reboots. Just can't see anything.

I hope someone will update these files for new OV users

LG Optimus V Harmonia 1.7

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a question re: the first part of OP. What is the proper method to flashing a stock recovery, exactly? Can you perform it from CWMA recovery?

I flashed the stock recovery file on these forums on a new OV, using Joey Krim's app. When I boot to recovery the LG silver logo screen shows but I lose video. I know it was flashed right though because I can hit the home key once and it reboots. Just can't see anything.

The recovery you're using probably doesn't have the drivers for your screen. Try the IHO CWM recovery.

This space intentionally left blank.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

You need the NEW stock recovery for 2.2.2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The recovery you're using probably doesn't have the drivers for your screen. Try the IHO CWM recovery.

This space intentionally left blank.

Lol. That's right and thanks but, that
wouldn't be stock.

You need the NEW stock recovery for 2.2.2

Care to provide a link, my man?

Reactions: rukin5197

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol. That's right and thanks but, that
wouldn't be stock.
Care to provide a link, my man?

What is the point of having stock recovery on a custom rom or rooted rom?

Noob once you flash the update zip you will have to reboot to recovery for it to take full effect. That will put you in the stock recovery. I would use the factory reset in the stock android recovery. Then flash the zip again. It will then put you back on unrooted stock.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
What is the point of having stock recovery on a custom rom or rooted rom?

Lol nothing? Sorry, I did not elaborate enough. Atm have 2 Optimus Vs. Originally purchased a 2nd gen OV back in November. When I rooted and flashed a ROM, I found the processor did not like being overclocke. :( So I retrograded and bought a 1st gen :). I wanted to return the 2nd gen back to stock, hence flashing the stock recovery that doesn't have the video drivers. Sigh.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol nothing? Sorry, I did not elaborate enough. Atm have 2 Optimus Vs. Originally purchased a 2nd gen OV back in November. When I rooted and flashed a ROM, I found the processor did not like being overclocke. :( So I retrograded and bought a 1st gen :). I wanted to return the 2nd gen back to stock, hence flashing the stock recovery that doesn't have the video drivers. Sigh.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

You want the other phone to be stock right? Flash the update zip like instructed and you will have stock rom and recovery. If I am misunderstanding you then Im sorry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza