Porting help.

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys me again (Official Noob) trying to port a rom using Gannon's tutorial/guide. I'm having some problems. I got it to boot, Installed a different launcher (because the original wont work) and basically it's running to my surprise, however many things don't work. I keep getting a constant message saying "android.process.acore" bblah blah blah. I did some research and found no solution. The phone app isn't working, the contacts app isn't working, also when trying to type something up using the keyboard it will close due to the acore message. I'm sure they're interrelated. Also the statusbar will have a sort of cutoff when using some apps.

Here is the rom I am trying to port.
[ROM] IOSdroid M1 - xda-developers

If it's too much of a job for me or just too much of a trouble to help me with I'll understand :D

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Will do first thing tomorrow when I'm out of school, as of now (I'm going to bed, school tomorrow :/)
Anyway thank you very much, wish me luck :D

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
So I got as far as fixing some issues and all. I'm still having problems trying to figure out how to fix mms, I've read your guide and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to use apk tool, how to decompile files, and all of that. I'm not sure if I have to do it but oh well.

So how do I fix mms? Can you make it as noob friendly and simple as possible? :D

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Apktool is actualy quite simple once set up correctly;)
What you need to do is to download the androidsdk, then download platform tools.

Then you add the folder containing your platform tools to the PATH in the properties of the computer, so that way you can open up command prompt and jist type "apktool"

Before I ramble any further... does any of this make sense?:p

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
So far I understand I need download the files, decompress them (if I need to) into a folder, and place that folder into another location. Am I right? :)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So far I understand I need download the files, decompress them (if I need to) into a folder, and place that folder into another location. Am I right? :)

Yes yes!! You also need to add java to your variable PATH so apktool can access the java code.

Once you get it set up, you just type away

Apktool -d apkyouwanttodecompile.apk C:/locationyouwanttoputthedecompiledapk/nameofapk

That decompiles^^

Then

Apktool -b C:\placeyouputapk\apkname

And boom, its built. Just remember you need to sign the built apk using signjar.jar

Edit: I use windows 7

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The nice thing about using Linux, is there is no need to miss with paths for apktool. Just drop all three files in /usr/local/bin/ after giving them both root, and making them excitable.

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here is what I did, I got the files "apk tool", and "apk tool install windows" and extracted them to the computer> local disk (c:)> windows> system32.
I also installed java in the same directory however whenever I type in "apktool" into the command it gives me a message saying "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, here is what I did, I got the files "apk tool", and "apk tool install windows" and extracted them to the computer> local disk (c:)> windows> system32.
I also installed java in the same directory however whenever I type in "apktool" into the command it gives me a message saying "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

That means it can't find it:p

right click on computer and select properties, then select advanced system settings, then select environment variables. Then scroll down till you see PATH, and click edit. Then at the end of the list put a ";" and then add C:\whereveryourfolderis\java (if the subfolder java is in is called that) and then just click ok.

Then try typing apktool again into the prompt.

@earthnfire, I bet its so simple... my dad wont let me partition his hard drive though:p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I originally just installed it in the default location. I think you should just tell me where to install everything in a noob way :D

Haha ok. So... java installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\java\jdk1.5.0 (assuming you have java 1.5 installed). It will be different depending on what java installed. Just look in the location I just mentioned and use the latest version of java.

Then follow what I said before and add this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\name of the java subfolder add that to the path variables as I described in a previous post.....

Currently in your PATH, there probably should only be something like C:\Program Files

Therefore to add another, you simply put C:\Program Files;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0 (OR WHATEVER THE JAVA FILE IS ACTUALLY CALLED)

That should do it for the java problem

Edit: I tried to put it as noobishly as possible:p if I'm doing a terrible job explaining, google may render better results

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so this is all that came before. "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Windows\System32\java"

Then without a space or quotes I entered this. ";C:\Program Files (x86)\java\jre6"
I still get the bad command :/

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe you need a jdk installed, not a jre. Jre = runtime environmemt jdk = all the java files. If you have a jdk in the java folder use that instead of the jre6.

Oh and also.... you MUST run the command prompt as administrator or else it will not have access to the java. That actually could be your problem

Edit: jre is ok, I think it will work if your run in administrator.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1466100
Here's the how to thread on xda in case you haven't found it yet

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I added entered this C:\Program Files (x86)\java\jre6\bin
Then I get a message saying "unable to access jarfile C:\System32\\apktool.jar"
I'm sorry I'm probably being really annoying, if you wish not to help anymore I can understand however if you do want to help what do I do next? I appreciate your patience and help!

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I just put apktool and all it's other needed files in a folder and opened terminal, CD'd to the directory, and ran
Code:
java -jar apktool.jar d apk.apk
And for recompiling
Code:
java -jar apktool.jar b apk

Of course I have the sdk and java installed.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Make sure now that you have C:\System32 added to your path (the resting place of the apktool).
No I'm not getting tired of helping, I'm just getting tired.... imma fall asleep :yawn:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz