Looking for brave Windows Vista or 7 users............

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows users for testing ROM_TOOL

If you would like to test the tool, which will be read for testing in two week post in the thread.

I know a lot of people use Windows to mod ROMS to there liking, the problem is Windows a Hybrid Kernel so it is limited as to what you can edit.
I'm working on a tool for people with Windows to be able to mod ROMS a little easy for Windows uses that is going to run inside Cygwin so that a Unix system is used: however there well still be some limitations. There already is a tool called Android Kitchen, but it is very limited and more Samsung related.

So what kind of features would you like to see in this Windows tool, and what features should not be apart of it?

Keep in mind this is going to take me a while to get working and setup, so will not be read in a week. When I get done with the basic setup well be looking for some people to test out.

Basic features well include
  1. Jerry's png to rle script moded for easy use
  2. Superuser, Buzybox and Bash
  3. RAM-DISK tools
  4. Basic apps (Open Source and Google only), with permission from the devlopers.
  5. Porting tools with limiations

What other features would you like to see?

So fare this in going to be a fairly large download, around 500MB or so once the bata is released and is only going to be for ROM modes: but will in inlude everything you need (including Android Platform-Tools).

Last edited:

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Easy Moding/Build Tool for Windows

maby a function to take a app and resize and delete the pngs that are to big for our phones like a batch operation i dont know if there is already one but i was just wondering

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Easy Moding/Build Tool for Windows

maby a function to take a app and resize and delete the pngs that are to big for our phones like a batch operation i dont know if there is already one but i was just wondering

Okay so apktool, but as fare as resizing the .9.png would have to be edited or re-sized with Gimp or Photoshop it is the only why to keep the guides intake.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you going to make a command prompt .bat? It should be more simple. You should talk to dsixda. He seems to know a lot about it.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to make a command prompt .bat? It should be more simple. You should talk to dsixda. He seems to know a lot about it.

No, this is going to be Unix shell that will need to run inside Cygwin, and I have talk to him and making an md5sum plug for his kitchen. Mine is only going to be setup for thunderc broads otherwise it not work, and it is going to have more features for nodding, that is why the download size is going to be so large.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No, this is going to be Unix shell that will need to run inside Cygwin, and I have talk to him and making an md5sum plug for his kitchen. Mine is only going to be setup for thunderc broads otherwise it not work, and it is going to have more features for nodding, that is why the download size is going to be so large.

I've been using that kitchen (as you so kindly directed me too) and I must say that it works really well for editing boot.img and for deodexing all the apps. I tried building a flashable zip with it, but it always complains about the update-zip updater-zip stuff so it doesn't work right... Yet...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to be setup to convert the Updater/Update-scripts so that user input is not needed. The Kitchen is a good tool, but it could do more and do it with less user input.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the problems with how the Kitchen handles Updater-Scripts is not every devices has the same rules.

So what I me end up doing is allowing editing of the Updater from within terminal, and use a blanket updater.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Things that I got working so fare.

platform-tools for adb and fastboot.
md5sum check comes embedded, and am about 70% to getting to print out and md5sum with every ROM zip.
Have the first and second menu done, but may put both as one working menu.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm only about 10% done, when I finish writing all the scripts then I'll have it for download for anyone to test.

Update: Got apktool working, and both android platfrom-tools and apktool work as commands, so no matter what folder or directory you are in inside Cygwin just type the command. Once I get "build_tool" done that well also be a command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy