flashed iho now no market wtf!?

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently flashed a new rom called backside iho for my optimus v but I'm unable to access Gmail to use the market nd I tryed using the Dev tools to sign me in but it force closes as soon as I click on it I also tryed using gapps but it sticks my phone into a boot loop any idea's???? All I want is the market I could give a sh*t less for gmail

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
tp
Are you using the correct gapps.zip
08-28-2011, what are the steps you take to flash your phone!

I used rom manager to flash the rom that's also where I got the rom from and ya I did but wat it would do is when its in boot screen it loads then an android Guy appears saying click on me but before I can click on him it goes into the boot screen again nd repeat until it locks up on the android Guy so I'm a noob and this is the first rom I've ever flashed before

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
tp

I used rom manager to flash the rom that's also where I got the rom from and ya I did but wat it would do is when its in boot screen it loads then an android Guy appears saying click on me but before I can click on him it goes into the boot screen again nd repeat until it locks up on the android Guy so I'm a noob and this is the first rom I've ever flashed before

First of all never use rom manager for anything it ruind our phones.
Download the rom manually
Then the corresponding gapps
The wipe in recovery and manually flash the rom and gapps

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Also thank u Guy ill try all ur gapps till i get it right or untill my phone spontaneously combusts lol but is there an apk that I can download to bypass Gmail so I can use the market without Gmail? or am I sol till I get the right gapps to wrk

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all never use rom manager for anything it ruind our phones.
Download the rom manually
Then the corresponding gapps
The wipe in recovery and manually flash the rom and gapps

Alright whelp oops, so how do I get the stock recovery screen back instead of clockwork mods recovery also is the type of gapps matter

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If you downloaded a backside rom unless its really old it should have gapps already.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
do not use from manager with the ov... it is not compatible... the gapps I posted above are the latest gb gapps for 2.3.7 that I could find... they work fine... and BACKside is jerryscripts gem.... :)

and BACKside does not come with gapps included so yes you do need to flash gapps...

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
do not use from manager with the ov... it is not compatible... the gapps I posted above are the latest gb gapps for 2.3.7 that I could find... they work fine... and BACKside is jerryscripts gem.... :)

and BACKside does not come with gapps included so yes you do need to flash gapps...
Awesome but I'm runnin 2.3.5 so would there be any issuses with the rom not being I guess up to date??? Also I think I'm still running stock kernal would that also cause any future complications????

nERd471992

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't include gapps in BACKside, Google doesn't expressly allow it. ;)

Where's the like button lol well like I said guys I'm not as 1337 as I want to b so ik I'm gonna f***k up a bit but I just want the market and if that intails gapps then iguess that's wat I gotta do cause is sooooooo tiresome to just do it the hard way with apks

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Awesome but I'm runnin 2.3.5 so would there be any issuses with the rom not being I guess up to date??? Also I think I'm still running stock kernal would that also cause any future complications????

The latest is 2.3.7 and BACKside already has an intergrated kernel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance