This is not for everyone, but if you happen to use SManager, I have a tip for you. SManager is a file management app by devworm. It has both a file manager and a handy console as a single app. Now I like to mess around on the console for fun and customization, and I use it frequently. One thing that annoys me is typing out the same commands. If you enable Gesture keys in the Config menu, you can swipe up or down on the left 1/3 of the screen. This replicates pressing the up button on a desktop to recall a command. If you are trying to experiment and tweak your commands, this is a super easy way.

HOWEVER, for some reason, I have no idea why, with Harmonia's shell and Smanager, swiping the left 1/3 on my phone does not recall commands as it is supposed to. Instead it annoyingly types out a bunch of keypad characters.

I figured out, by sheer accident, a workaround to this issue. If you download Stericson's RootLogger app on Market, this creates a custom shell that is based on Bash and I believe is standard with CM. Now simply install RootLogger, then open SManager, and voila! Swipe gestures now work. After this, you can uninstall RootLogger, and the custom shell binary will remain.

I don't understand exactly why it works, but it modifies the Android shell in Froyo so it does work. Hopefully this helps somebody!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-2012 12:18 AM
    Reading a few comments on that app on Play, it seems it has issues with a few other apps, particularly file managers.

I'm not sure which Harmonia you are running, but I'm going to bet it's probably another app conflicting (because we all know Harmonia is always perfect ).

I'm glad you found a workaround.
    droidmyme likes this.
    04-15-2012 01:03 AM
    Reading a few comments on that app on Play, it seems it has issues with a few other apps, particularly file managers.

I'm not sure which Harmonia you are running, but I'm going to bet it's probably another app conflicting (because we all know Harmonia is always perfect ).

I'm glad you found a workaround.
    Thank you for the feedback LeslieAnn!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    glarepate likes this.
    04-15-2012 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD