Why can't i convert to a user app in link2sd

Longrange

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
i keep on trying to find out how to increase the amount of free internal memory, so today i rooted my phone and installed link2sd and i managed to link 3 apps totaling in about 1mb of free space. so i tryed converting some system apps like youtube or browser and it just says [ISTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INST
ALL_LOCATION] so my question is WTF why can't i get more than 9 damn mb on my internal memory. unless you root and do all this crap you literary cannot make the low memory warning go away. and it renders the phone useless because you cant text or use the web. so how can i fix this please.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The system partition is not part of the data partition so even if you moved those apps it would not add anymore space for downloaded apps. You best bet would be to flash a custom recovery and install one of the IHO ROM's that support either an ext3 or ext4 sd-card partition, and from there you can install one of many scripts that use that as your phones internal storage.

I have one that is really good and well share it with you after you read the stickies about flashing ROMS and Custom Recoveries.

Longrange

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The system partition is not part of the data partition so even if you moved those apps it would not add anymore space for downloaded apps. You best bet would be to flash a custom recovery and install one of the IHO ROM's that support either an ext3 or ext4 sd-card partition, and from there you can install one of many scripts that use that as your phones internal storage.

I have one that is really good and well share it with you after you read the stickies about flashing ROMS and Custom Recoveries.
ok i have read this article http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html and flashed a recovery image and im about to flash a rom could you please give me the link to the rom/ how to use those scripts you mentioned:)

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the one that I have it comes stander on my my OM IHO ROM, and I do have a flash zip that you install through recovery as well. If you are using another IHO ROM the zip would be the best way to install the script as there are files that have to be removed or replace.

With the script there is no need to do anything, just flash and reboot.

The second partition must be ext4 and swap set at 0, and my rule of thumb for second partition is no more then 10% for a class 6 or higher, a class 2 should not be partitioned. The reason is sdcards are flash memory and partitioning of flash memory shortens the life of the card.

[ROM][IHO] *** OM_MLS2.2.2..........[updated & rebuilt]

Read the installation instructions to understand what the script does and how it works, and what you need to do to use it. If you are happen with you ROM then PM for the recovery install zip.

Please note the Stock ROMS or Custom Stocks are not compatible.

Last edited:

Longrange

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks so much for the link. but i only have a 8gb sd so if i partition it to have the second partition be 1 gb about how long does it take off the cards life. thanks

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
thanks so much for the link. but i only have a 8gb sd so if i partition it to have the second partition be 1 gb about how long does it take off the cards life. thanks

that is hard to say it could fail as soon as you add data to it [ highly likely that would happen ], or it may not have any problems at all. I find that Scan Disc, PYN and Intel sdcards take being partitioned better then other brands do.

But are you saying that 800MB is not enough space for apps?

Reactions: Longrange

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon