Splitting sms messages

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or did the stock rom not split messages? Im wondering why the roms do. If you change the settings to not split,the rom errors on sending the text message. I recall stock froyo not having that issue. Thinking of trying out bumblebee to see if it does the splitting.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or did the stock rom not split messages? Im wondering why the roms do. If you change the settings to not split,the rom errors on sending the text message. I recall stock froyo not having that issue. Thinking of trying out bumblebee to see if it does the splitting.

Stock does not split the messages when you write them, but they split on sending. The other roms need to have that option because they will try to send them unsplit, and the message will fail unless it is checked. Stock rom and stock based roms like harmonia 1 and bumblebee do not split them visibly, but they do split them when they send. However, when the message gets really long on the stock based roms (by really long I mean like 1000 characters yeah I write texts that big) it converts it to an mms and then sends it as one chunk. Did that clear up your confusion?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: curtis1973

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep,all I needed to know. I find splitting annoying. But seeing as vm wont accept it over character limit,what can you do.

Use non-stock messaging? Stock is pretty terrible in all of the ROMs except MIUI. I highly recommend GoSMS over Handcent or Stomp. Go has built in splitting options.