My old V finally died, after months of flashing like a sorority girl at Mardi Gras (And of course chucking it across the room on occasion, I'll admit). I went and got another one at my friendly local Wal-Mart for $100.

It sucks. My first one was the first hardware version. The screen was so much more responsive and even FELT BETTER under my fingertip than the new one.

My apps are force closing, my camera opens and then force closes.

I cannot log into Facebook, I get authentication failures. I can log in just fine from Opera Mobile/Dolphin.

My hardware version is 1.2, Android version 2.2.2. Currently stock and not rooted.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the best course of action would be here.

Should I root it and flash a custom ROM to see if the issues are corrected, or does this sound like a hardware issue that can only be fixed by a replacement?
    04-16-2012 03:00 PM
    I'm not quite sure what I would do, but my only advice is, remember you now have an easy way to return to stock, by flashing the zv9 update

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2012 03:08 PM
    I wouldn't flash the ZV9 update just yet, as you could try factory reset

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-16-2012 03:22 PM
    I wouldn't flash the ZV9 update just yet, as you could try factory reset

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Yeah I was just suggesting that if he wanted to install a custom rom, there is now an easy way back to stock.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-2012 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD