Help Porting new AOKP build 32 to the OV

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that AOKP has posted a new build today that is fixing alot of things. They dont officially support the OV but they do have the p990 optimus 2x. Couldnt we use TDMS AOKP or ALPHA 7 as a working base and port this over somehow?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Would love it. The AOKP we have was build 29 I think. Really stable other than lost root (which can be fixed), camera and mms.

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I will try to use Gannons guide over the next few hours to port it over. We will see how it goes. Anyone feel like helping me with build.prop and such? I will be using TDMS AOKP as the base and AOKP official build 32 as the port. This will be my first port btw so hang in there with me. I might try using gannons old AOKP build if TDMS isnt sucessful.

Heres build 32
Build 32 - Releases - Releases - News

Heres Alpha 8
quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8.zip

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Be careful, I've had problems porting over using alpha 8. But my guide will port over aokp from any device that you choose. No special treats needed. That I know of.

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I will also try and tell u my results

any help is very much appreciated! I'm a newb at this but I learn very fast and developing for android is something I've been wanting to do for a while now. I run a pc repair business here in nc and while Intel based computer's are a language I speak fluently, this Linux stuff is mostly gibberish to me right now. I feel though with all of the information contained here and on our www I can figure it out quickly. plus with all of my research, porting seems like the easy part, however a stable rom seems like a mixture of luck and countless mountain dews and pots of coffee. lol wish me luck I'm eating dinner now and then I will work tirelessly and uninterupted till about 2am and see where i get

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
any help is very much appreciated! I'm a newb at this but I learn very fast and developing for android is something I've been wanting to do for a while now. I run a pc repair business here in nc and while Intel based computer's are a language I speak fluently, this Linux stuff is mostly gibberish to me right now. I feel though with all of the information contained here and on our www I can figure it out quickly. plus with all of my research, porting seems like the easy part, however a stable rom seems like a mixture of luck and countless mountain dews and pots of coffee. lol wish me luck I'm eating dinner now and then I will work tirelessly and uninterupted till about 2am and see where i get

Yikes, I feel like I don't know anything now... all I know is a little java and c++ from a couple classes I've taken and then xml and html from teaching myself. Don't worry you don't really need to know code, the most complicated program I can write only does math equations.

In my experience, android is about learning backwards. I don't think there's a "how to code android" book yet, a lot of us here have learned from taking roms apart. Granted there are many here who are IT people and know what they are doing with code, but I know there are many who don't. Have fun, and welcome to the darkside...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Lol same here im just starting to learn android stuff. The only things i know are html and css.
btw im going to flash the port right now i will report as soon :D

[EDIT]
it booted lol forgot to flash gapps but its very smooth lol nothing extremely different still same issues with the same quattrimus aokp
except the first thing i get is an error but other than that its very smooth
good news tho wifi works without any toggles or reboots!
also keyboard cut off
[EDIT 2]
im trimming it down and adding the gapps but if i do that what would be different than the one we already have?besides it being build 32?

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Lol same here im just starting to learn android stuff. The only things i know are html and css.
btw im going to flash the port right now i will report as soon :D

[EDIT]
it booted lol forgot to flash gapps but its very smooth lol nothing extremely different still same issues with the same quattrimus aokp
except the first thing i get is an error but other than that its very smooth
good news tho wifi works without any toggles or reboots!
also keyboard cut off
[EDIT 2]
im trimming it down and adding the gapps but if i do that what would be different than the one we already have?besides it being build 32?

If you're thinking of releasing it another thread, I wouldn't. We already have one, and there's no need for it. But putting it in this thread is alright

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're thinking of releasing it another thread, I wouldn't. We already have one, and there's no need for it. But putting it in this thread is alright

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Lol im not going to release, just maybe in this thread
i dont kno if it pure aokp because i added:
google apps
apex launcher
and deleted:
trebuchet
bootanimation
livewallpapers
nova launcher

btw i have a question can i rename signed zips without damaging the zip?

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does it look pixelated?
I've tried tmd's builds and they don't look as sharp as Jerry's gb iho build or mirage's.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My reason for wanting an up to date build is TDMS wifi and non market apps is borked. I really just picked this as a simple project for all of the AOKP features too.

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
My reason for wanting an up to date build is TDMS wifi and non market apps is borked. I really just picked this as a simple project for all of the AOKP features too.

Wifi on this port works perfectly without any toggling or rebooting, first boot and bam wifi works already!:D

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Wifi on this port works perfectly without any toggling or rebooting, first boot and bam wifi works already!:D

I decided to just to a framework port over alpha 7 but I guess I need help signing the zip bc it aborts on install. Any info? May I have a copy of your port please as well. What and how did you go about porting if you dont mind me asking? I am trying now using zipsigner from playstore.

Last edited:

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
quattrimus-vm670-aokp-port-alpha8.zip

its still a work in progress

but in porting i juss followed gannons steps then i started trimming down the not needed apks then deleted the alarms with alpha 8 because the one that the port had is huge and i replaced the boot animation with a slimer one

now if your porting on windows (which i dont suggest) use 7zip it lets you edit zip files without extracting it.

if your on ubuntu i use whats there: right click the rom and choose "Open with Archive Manager" and then you can edit the stuff in the zip file. When you are done just close the window dont extract. I tried using the app but i could never figure it out lol:D