Can you run the factory reset after restoring back to default OS?

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you run the factory reset after restoring back to default

wth?

anyways, i did all of that already, what im looking for now is a rec for another rom i can use.

Rom manager isnt approved, and IHO froze me.

whats next? trying to install zivonia now or however its spelled.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

wth?

anyways, i did all of that already, what im looking for now is a rec for another rom i can use.

Rom manager isnt approved, and IHO froze me.

whats next? trying to install zivonia now or however its spelled.

I run thaunknownartist's ICSandwich AOSP ROM.
It's 2.3.7 gingerbread themed to look like ICS and it's a pretty heavenly little piece of work.

But just for the love all that is holy stay away from ROM manager lol

Reactions: ninjajp247

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Are you looking for a rom or recovery? Because it sounds like you are confusing them.

It really is that easy if you have rooted and installed the proper recovery. I just did it on my backup Optimus V. Hell I installed the newest version of MGR's IHO and then flashed the new backside CWM recovery.

Im know you are doing something wrong.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Are you looking for a rom or recovery? Because it sounds like you are confusing them.

It really is that easy if you have rooted and installed the proper recovery. I just did it on my backup Optimus V. Hell I installed the newest version of MGR's IHO and then flashed the new backside CWM recovery.

Im know you are doing something wrong.

I have a feeling what you're saying is true and that he may now be trying to flash a recovery inside of a recovery with like no ROM as base and may end up bricking.

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

a recovery inside of one?

uhh no, i have only one recovery as STATED.

clockwork mod. why ridicule me if you arent going to read my posts? i was told to download a new rom as rom manager seems to have issues. So its gone now.

since rom manager was said to be a leading issue with screen compatibility it makes sense to change it. I have a set backup IN clockwork ON my SD card. So im not worried about losing program data.

I just want the C7 to be booted let alone smoothly, but that wont happen if the Dl i got was no good. It was supposed to be a mash up of the BOBZOEM IHO, along with the gapps. instead it was a zip file that had a flash image i cant seem to get at in my root directory.

I may be doing something wrong, but you havent found out what it is yet. trust me. Ive been sitting here all day long. By the end of the day, i will have 2.3 on my V, or go back to what i had rooted before. But i havent lost anything.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Try to download the rom again. If you are wiping phone as described and flashing the newest backside followed by Google apps you should be running with no problems. First boot can take a while but after that should run pretty quick.

Unless clockworkmod recovery is not playing nice with your phone. If you download the rom again and try to reflash and still have issues you may need to try a different recovery. If you don't have a working rom you can get a copy of xionia recovery in zip format that can be flashed from your existing recovery

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Rom manager is NOT a rom. It is a app that is suppose to streamline installing rom. However as you have been told it is NOT compatible with the Optimus V.

Boot to reocvery and tell use what it says up top in the name of the recovery.

For the record Im not trying to ridicule you. If that was the case I would not have tried to help. But your saying this isnt easy when it really is just as easy as we have said.

I suggest going here
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary
scroll down to Optimus V section and download MGR's current build. Put it on your sdcard.If you dont have gapps three is a link to cyanogenmod and you can gownload them there.

1. Boot to reocvery perform factory reset/data wipe
2. Wipe cache partitions
3. Select mounts and storage format boot, cache,data, sd-ext, system
4. Select advance then reboot recovery.
5. Select install zip from sdcard
6. Choose zip from sdcard
7. Select the rom you just downloaded.
8. Once that is done select choose zip from sdcard
9. Select gapps you downloaded.

Once that is done select reboot system now

If you still have issues Im sorry but we cant make it any easier than this. If you would like I would be happy to do this for you but you would have to pay me and ship it to me.

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

i follow the steps to the letter, i installed the ICS, i installed the gapps, i installed green theme. Ive missed nothing, and as stated previous, i have been doing research on this for awhile, if i hadnt exhausted these options i wouldnt be looking for more.

all i keep getting is a fuzzy multi pixelated screen, it moves for about 5 seconds, and then it stops, frozen. every time.

The rom i have would be stock, i still dont get why you just assumed you are right. My rom manager is just that, a Read only memory program manager. i havent paid for any newer roms and wont. So i guess im custom romless if thats what you mean.

recovery is clockwork mod.

i get the Lg screen, then i get the froyo icon with android underneath, the screen flashes. Then turns into a multi pixelated mess.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Then your doing something wrong mate. There is atleast 100 people that have followed these instructions and have a working rom.

Im out of ideas and honestly feeling more and more like your trolling. You havent provide any info on what rom you have installed what recovery your using all of these things are needed so we can help you. If you can take a couple picture of the recovery and what not maybe somebody can help. But right now Im done good luck.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
i follow the steps to the letter, i installed the ICP, i installed the gapps, i installed green theme. Ive missed nothing, and as stated previous, i have been doing research on this for awhile, if i hadnt exhausted these options i wouldnt be looking for more.

all i keep getting is a fuzzy multi pixelated screen, it moves for about 5 seconds, and then it stops, frozen. every time.

The rom i have would be stock, i still dont get why you just assumed you are right. My rom manager is just that, a Read only memory program manager. i havent paid for any newer roms and wont. So i guess im custom romless if thats what you mean.

recovery is clockwork mod.

i get the Lg screen, then i get the froyo icon with android underneath, the screen flashes. Then turns into a multi pixelated mess.

when the fuzzy screen comes up, let it sit. A couple devs put that boot animation in as a joke. Jet let it set it should boot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ericrwmson1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

note: if you downloaded and flashed mrg's build like eollie had in his instructions then the green machine theme will not work
the green machine theme will only go with backside and the dates of the builds must be the same for the backside rom and greenmachine theme

This may just be me but the pixels you are describing sounds like the april fools prank jerry put on backside. you may not have a current build for backside, because he removed it in the lastz build after april 4th
i may be wrong, but i think you may have to get the latest backside rom from https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary
sorry if you do have this i am just trying to help, and try without flashing the green theme first, one less thing to have to diagnose a problem from, if it runs then you can flash after

also i would get http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cwm-green-w-backsideupdater-auto-install.html to go with backside :)

hope i may have helped a little bit, mostly just restating eollie though, he is the man

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Then your doing something wrong mate. There is atleast 100 people that have followed these instructions and have a working rom.

Im out of ideas and honestly feeling more and more like your trolling. You havent provide any info on what rom you have installed what recovery your using all of these things are needed so we can help you. If you can take a couple picture of the recovery and what not maybe somebody can help. But right now Im done good luck.

your wrong again, and im starting to feel like YOU are the one trolling, i provided that info when i first posted.

i already SAID stock rom, dont you speak english?

so stop saying we, apparently reading is hard for you to do. No one else that has answered has said those things.

Vm stock rom

clockwork mod recovery. for the 3rd or 4th time.

i dont care about 100, or 1000 other people, this stuff is NEVER guaranteed to work, so ur already full of it.

So read what im telling you and either accept it or dont, but your pissing me off. You havent said one useful thing since you came in.

i dont like being rude but false accusations and NOT paying attention is what pisses me off about people on forums.

The steps i used are Here, [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme - Android Forums

i obviously have to do option 2, as i already have a stock rom and NOT a backside needing an update.

anything else you want to be rude about?

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

note: if you downloaded and flashed mrg's build like eollie had in his instructions then the green machine theme will not work
the green machine theme will only go with backside and the dates of the builds must be the same for the backside rom and greenmachine theme

This may just be me but the pixels you are describing sounds like the april fools prank jerry put on backside. you may not have a current build for backside, because he removed it in the lastz build after april 4th
i may be wrong, but i think you may have to get the latest backside rom from https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary
sorry if you do have this i am just trying to help, and try without flashing the green theme first, one less thing to have to diagnose a problem from, if it runs then you can flash after

also i would get http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cwm-green-w-backsideupdater-auto-install.html to go with backside :)

hope i may have helped a little bit, mostly just restating eollie though, he is the man

Reputation doesnt impress me when someone cant even relate to whats going on just from reading a clearly detailed question.

i asked for a recommended rom and have been implied to be stupid and incompetent. WTF? if im surprised i cant do this on my own like i do everything else and ask for help? i dont expect dumb statements to be thrown at me like troll and told 100 other people followed instructions and got it right, it didnt work for me, period.

I dont have a reason why, just a result of doing what i was told.

Thank you for the list of possible options, its all i asked for.

Yes, all i have gotten each time is a pixelated mess,

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Reputation doesnt impress me when someone cant even relate to whats going on just from reading a clearly detailed question.

i asked for a recommended rom and have been implied to be stupid and incompetent. WTF? if im surprised i cant do this on my own like i do everything else and ask for help? i dont expect dumb statements to be thrown at me like troll and told 100 other people followed instructions and got it right, it didnt work for me, period.

I dont have a reason why, just a result of doing what i was told.

Thank you for the list of possible options, its all i asked for.

Yes, all i have gotten each time is a pixelated mess,

Use the newest BACKside drop which is dated 5/2/12 I believe.

[EDIT] If you have problems with flashing I suggest this.
Reboot to recovery and do a full wipe as in this:
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Under advanced wipe dalvik cache
Under mounts and storage format these:
Boot
Data
Cache
System

However this time I want you to try this:
Repeat that wiping method 3 times before you flash.
Flash in this order:
Flash BACKside 5/2/12 (it'll install etc.)
Flash gapps for GINGERBREAD(make sure you don't have any other As in froyo or ICS just in case. Never be too safe and sorry ;P)
Then reboot the system and let it boot up.
DON'T FLASH ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST BOOT UP AND INITIAL START. Just in case it may be a bad file with the green machine theme etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninjajp247

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The first boot can take a while. Also if flashing the theme the boot following that can take a bit. Even if phone appears frozen let it sit for at least 10 min to be safe

Last edited:

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site

If you are doing everything correctly and are still having issues perhaps you have a faulty unit. Go back to your original plan of returning to get a new one. Try to install a custom ROM on the new phone then report back.
Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned but always use the recovery that the dev recommends for their ROM.

ericrwmson1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Well you have all the right files and have downloaded them multiple times, so the two things that may be wrong are, you are just getting many corrupt downloads/flashes and are super unlucky ( really doubt that, but could be a possibly, solution to that is redownload and check md5 sum on downloads) or the second one of a bad clockwork mod recovery flash / not a compatible clockwork mod. To fix this just go into your stock rom ( hope you still can, you could before so I assume you can it will be easier if you can) and get flash img GUI ( there is a post on xda for it just Google it and get the free version) and get a recovery for the phone (like the green one I linked in my last post) make sure the recovery you get has recovery in its file nname (for flash img GUI to recognize ) then flash it through that then retry the flash and see if it works if you do both these things and it ddoesn't work then I am out of ideas :( hope this helps

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try to make things a little easier to read.

Firstly I recommend downloading Harmonia 2 because you don't need to flash Gapps

Second boot into recovery and make a nandroid backup

Next wipe data then cache and dalvic cache(under advance menu)

Then go to mounts and storage and format everything except SD card

After that select install from SD card then select either the first or second option(it's been awhile since the last time I flashed something:p).

Then find where you put the ROM and select it and the select yes.

Once you done that go back to the main menu and select reboot phone. If it doesn't work then boot back into recovery and restore your backup.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance