Can you run the factory reset after restoring back to default OS?

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can you run the factory reset after restoring back to default

I dont get why its not working for you ninja. Ive tried this multiple times on my skyrocket and it works fine...

EDIT:
Your welcome Jay XD

EDIT x2:

I agree with others. I think its just a bad download.

Just keep trying

*Now has to fix skyrocket*

Last edited:
Reactions: epicb0dyc0unt

ericrwmson1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Well you have all the right files and have downloaded them multiple times, so the two things that may be wrong are, you are just getting many corrupt downloads/flashes and are super unlucky ( really doubt that, but could be a possibly, solution to that is redownload and check md5 sum on downloads) or the second one of a bad clockwork mod recovery flash / not a compatible clockwork mod. To fix this just go into your stock rom and download flash img GUI (Google it should give you an xda link) then get the green clockwork mod I linked in my last post
If it doesn't gave recovery in the name rename it so it does ( keep it a .img file though.
Then flash that recovery with flash img GUI and then try to flash the rom (home button to select, you will know the recovery flashed because it will be green :p)

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

so far, Ice cream sandwich and backside IHO, have gotten me nothing but frozen boot animation sequences, the ICS boot animation doesnt even work as its all pixelated.

i even got a new rom handler, pilot rom installer, took me right into my clockwork recovery, everything worked fine, except the end result.

erase everything, install, reboot, doesnt get easier than that.

so why is it my phone doesnt want to? :confused:

for the upteenth time the froyo opens its chest and flashes repeatedly before eventually freezing, taking me nowhere.

I just dont get it. what else am i missing? ive run through 3 different ways to boot this over and over again since this morning and have gotten nothing. Literally.

But im determined to get this done. im gonna keep trying of course, with new info im refreshed anew.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

STOP FLASHING IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR DOING.

If you are flashing ICS rom and Jerrys green machine theme that is the problem. Your not doing what people have told you.

GO back read my posts listing number by number what to do. Follow that post and it will get you on a rom that is rock solid.

If you want ICS you will have to read the different threads on the ICS ports. But for the love of all things android STOP TRYING TO FLASH THE GREEN MACHINE THEME ON NON BACKSIDE ROMS!

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Use the newest BACKside drop which is dated 5/2/12 I believe.

[EDIT] If you have problems with flashing I suggest this.
Reboot to recovery and do a full wipe as in this:
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Under advanced wipe dalvik cache
Under mounts and storage format these:
Boot
Data
Cache
System

However this time I want you to try this:
Repeat that wiping method 3 times before you flash.
Flash in this order:
Flash BACKside 5/2/12 (it'll install etc.)
Flash gapps for GINGERBREAD(make sure you don't have any other As in froyo or ICS just in case. Never be too safe and sorry ;P)
Then reboot the system and let it boot up.
DON'T FLASH ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST BOOT UP AND INITIAL START. Just in case it may be a bad file with the green machine theme etc.

wooo hooo! ding ding ding, we have a winner!! right on time for cheesy bites too. :cool:

the multiple wipe worked, i have NO idea why, but im finally past the boot sequence and rolling smoothly so far. No breaks, no freezes. phew! i cant believe that took all day.

But i was determined to have my phone my way, and upgrading to 2.3 is the answer. Thanx fellas/ladies (if any of you are).

i will learn what i can and pay it forward, expect me around to learn the ropes, i do tech work so this is especially head scratching for me.

although i must admit, wiping it multiple times is something i might have thought of out of desperation. thank goodness it worked, the phone is so ready? it booted within 2 minutes.

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

STOP FLASHING IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR DOING.

If you are flashing ICS rom and Jerrys green machine theme that is the problem. Your not doing what people have told you.

GO back read my posts listing number by number what to do. Follow that post and it will get you on a rom that is rock solid.

If you want ICS you will have to read the different threads on the ICS ports. But for the love of all things android STOP TRYING TO FLASH THE GREEN MACHINE THEME ON NON BACKSIDE ROMS!

I honestly hadnt even done that, flashing the green theme was the last thing on my mind. You sir are still confused on whats going on here. But the problems been solved. PEACE!!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I honestly hadnt even done that, flashing the green theme was the last thing on my mind. You sir are still confused on whats going on here. But the problems been solved. PEACE!!

The problems you are having are user error I promise this.
Oh so I WAS right then. Glad your up and running.

ninjajp247

May 6, 2012
Visit site

no and trying to claim it with an unspecified blanket statement doesnt mean you helped either.

user error is garbage, and im not responsible for having to wipe it multiple times, i didnt make the phone. SMH...

One person came up with a specific option, YOU did not, give credence where its due.

No one but that one person came up with the idea to even do multiple wipes. I linked the instructions i was already following, so i dont see how you can claim anything. I didnt need you pandering to me and refusing to listen to what you were being told. If i could dislike you? i would. You are very rude, presumptuous and have an issue with listening/comprehension.

As stated, if i hadnt exhausted my options i wouldnt have asked, i do all my own tech work. All my own hacks, and get called in for pro work on occasion, did a stint for disney just over the weekend.

If the damn phone doesnt work? then it doesnt work.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Tossing this out here.

When asked what rom or recovery you are using we (as in those willing to help) need detail. You said clockwork mod was your recovery. That told us almost nothing. CWM_version_and_number(x.x.x.x) tells us something.

Welcome to the forum.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Since things sometimes get let behind with certain recoveries.. especially clockworkmod, it's sometime necessary to wipe multiple times. I use a zip from Leslie that wipes the phone 3 times for you. Just select it as if you were flashing a rom and it will wipe everything 3 times for you (Except sdcard and sd-ext) I use it for switching between roms when I want to make sure all is wiped.

It's located here... the one called prep_for_new_rom
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/164127-easy-wipe-zips.html

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Please keep the discussion on the correct level and not let this escalate into something bad. Nobody is here to claim any credit to anything, we all try and help one another out and nothing more.

When having a problem make sure you give a full description of your problem, your recovery, current ROM if any, kernel, software/app your using, etc. More information provided will make the diagnosis easier and allow those who can help, formulate a plan of action to fix the problem.

Thanks everyone.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

wooo hooo! ding ding ding, we have a winner!! right on time for cheesy bites too. :cool:

the multiple wipe worked, i have NO idea why, but im finally past the boot sequence and rolling smoothly so far. No breaks, no freezes. phew! i cant believe that took all day.

But i was determined to have my phone my way, and upgrading to 2.3 is the answer. Thanx fellas/ladies (if any of you are).

i will learn what i can and pay it forward, expect me around to learn the ropes, i do tech work so this is especially head scratching for me.

although i must admit, wiping it multiple times is something i might have thought of out of desperation. thank goodness it worked, the phone is so ready? it booted within 2 minutes.

Multiple wipes were the last thing I had on my mind to give to you as help. What happens is there is still residual files and stuff left AFTER the first wipe and flashing of one ROM.
Multiple wipes is usually the best way to approach problems like this. Glad I could help you out. Enjoy your modded Optimus V :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781