07-26-2013 10:00 PM
144 1234 ...
tools
    The app probably contains it's own copy of the flash_image binary, I'm just surprised Harmonia didn't have it, still wonder if the app removed it?!?

Anyway, glad you got it flashed!
    That makes sense - maybe it did!

Thanks a ton Jerry!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2012 02:14 AM
    i just added the updater into my rom, heres some feedback:
    if you mess up on the manifest(yes.. i messed up the simple part..) it makes the app fc
    i just installed my rom again from the app using auto install (on the touch recovery) and it seems to be going well (typing this as its installing) so all is well! thank you jerry!
    04-18-2012 02:38 AM
    i just added the updater into my rom, heres some feedback:
    if you mess up on the manifest(yes.. i messed up the simple part..) it makes the app fc
    i just installed my rom again from the app using auto install (on the touch recovery) and it seems to be going well (typing this as its installing) so all is well! thank you jerry!
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear it's working on a ROM other than BACKside, and I hope it helps your ROM development with an easier upgrade process!

I need to add some error checking/catches to the parsing code. It's pretty simple code, just using splits, so it shouldn't be too hard to prevent FCs in the next version. However, the manifest is what ensures your users get your package exactly as it is meant to be delivered. So manifest errors are not allowed, and even with code improvements, should prevent the app from continuing at one point or another.

I also need to add a check of the currently installed recovery, and only show the auto-install option for those known to work with it.
    (Known working and tested: CWM-Green, BobZhome, IHO, Drew's-Touch, should work with other CWM based recoveries known to work safely on the OV).
    04-18-2012 03:00 AM
    Thanks! I'm glad to hear it's working on a ROM other than BACKside, and I hope it helps your ROM development with an easier upgrade process!

I need to add some error checking/catches to the parsing code. It's pretty simple code, just using splits, so it shouldn't be too hard to prevent FCs in the next version. However, the manifest is what ensures your users get your package exactly as it is meant to be delivered. So manifest errors are not allowed, and even with code improvements, should prevent the app from continuing at one point or another.

I also need to add a check of the currently installed recovery, and only show the auto-install option for those known to work with it.
    (Known working and tested: CWM-Green, BobZhome, IHO, Drew's-Touch, should work with other CWM based recoveries known to work safely on the OV).
    welcome
    and, if you care, ive taken the touch recovery and patched in your changes. will test it as soon as i find a good usb cable
    04-18-2012 03:19 AM
    welcome
    and, if you care, ive taken the touch recovery and patched in your changes. will test it as soon as i find a good usb cable
    Thanks, let me know when it's ready!

No wifi at home? You can adb over wifi on most IHO based ROMs.

Will be making some changes to the recovery.c wipe_data option when called outside the gui, in preparation for adding that option to the auto-install steps.
    04-18-2012 03:23 AM
    The app probably contains it's own copy of the flash_image binary, I'm just surprised Harmonia didn't have it, still wonder if the app removed it?!?

Anyway, glad you got it flashed!
    This is the second or third time someone has had that problem, but flash_image is definitely in there, so something is removing it.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 03:32 AM
    Thanks, let me know when it's ready!

No wifi at home? You can adb over wifi on most IHO based ROMs.
    somehow i completely forgot about that!

im about to test the updater in it. but the colors are weird.. a mix of your green and the touch blue. ill fix that before i think of posting it.

i also turned wipe battery stats back on and am trying to find what makes it brick on radio updates..

edit: it worked! now to fix the colors...
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 03:35 AM
    So I bricked with this new recovery
    I used the updater to replace the iho with this recovery, and found the button to check if I had the new radio, so i checked and still had the zv4. I then installed the new rom using it and it worked GREAT (you did an amazing job on this recovery). I then re-downloaded the radio and tried to re-install it using this recovery, and when i hit restart I got the lg logo and that was it.
    I cannot boot to recovery (Home Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button.) and only get the lg logo when I try to enter emergency mode (Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button) (POWER + VOL DOWN + CAMERA + SEARCH).
    I attempted this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...using-kdz.html but it could not find my phone.
    Is there any way to get the computer to see my ov in this state so I can use this fix, or any other fix that might work.
    04-18-2012 04:03 AM
    So I bricked with this new recovery
    I used the updater to replace the iho with this recovery, and found the button to check if I had the new radio, so i checked and still had the zv4. I then installed the new rom using it and it worked GREAT (you did an amazing job on this recovery). I then re-downloaded the radio and tried to re-install it using this recovery, and when i hit restart I got the lg logo and that was it.
    I cannot boot to recovery (Home Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button.) and only get the lg logo when I try to enter emergency mode (Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button) (POWER + VOL DOWN + CAMERA + SEARCH).
    I attempted this http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...using-kdz.html but it could not find my phone.
    Is there any way to get the computer to see my ov in this state so I can use this fix, or any other fix that might work.
    Why did you attempt to flash the radio with this recovery?!?
    That's known to only work with certain recoveries, otherwise it bricks your phone!
    (edit: have added a warning to OP not to flash radio)

First, try the various methods in the stickies in this forum to unbrick a phone.

If that doesn't work, this thread should do it, but it's a long and tedious process.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...print-rom.html

Sorry this happened to you. Please let us know how it goes!
    droidmyme likes this.
    04-18-2012 04:16 AM
    Thanks, and ya it was all my fault I had a total brain fart. Thanks for the info I will let you know how it goes.
    04-18-2012 04:21 AM
    No go, I cant get into emergency mode, I just get the lg logo.
    04-18-2012 04:30 AM
    Great job Jerry!! Anyway you could get the updater to check/update the recovery now also?
    04-18-2012 04:48 AM
    Great job Jerry!! Anyway you could get the updater to check/update the recovery now also?
    Thanks!

The newest version of the BacksideUpdater will sort of, since devs have to include it (or another recovery) in the manifest for the time being. Press your Menu key and select Show All Versions, then scroll all the way down. I'll will be adding the ability to have the updater check the phone for the currently installed recovery, but only for recoveries that have known log files (for CWM, its normally /cache/recovery/last_log).
    04-18-2012 05:03 AM
    No go, I cant get into emergency mode, I just get the lg logo.
    Does the LG logo look as if it flashes from time to time? If so, it could be a recovery boot loop.

If so, it all comes down to timing. You'll be able to see the phone with adb for a moment, and in that moment you have to be fast. You'll need to have already typed some comands in, then use your arrow keys to redo them over and over, along with cntrl+c to stop it, till you get it to work (if it works at all). Search this forum for recovery bootloop strings (I think by mmarz or whyzor, but I'm not sure). That will give you the method and commands to type in. Hope it works for you!
    04-18-2012 05:16 AM
    @jerry... thank you sir!... youre the chit!!!... lol ;-)
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 05:25 AM
    Thank you jerry!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2012 05:33 AM
    Jerry, you've created a ROM manager solely for your ROM! This is quite awesome, I must say. It will make me update far more often. I hate rebooting into recovery and worrying I'm going to miss something when flashing an update :P Thanks!
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 06:26 AM
    Great recovery! Glad I'm not the only one that didn't like using the camera key out of fear of wear. Plus I'm coming from an optimus s and xionia recovery glad to have keys back. Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, Bob's recovery is great to just old habits hard to break.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 06:54 AM
    @Jerry

Playing around with the new updater. Went in and selected a rom from sdcard, it verified MD5 and I told it to reboot to install and get following error

Finding Update Package...
    e:unknown volume for path [/mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip]
    e:Can't mount /mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
    Installation Aborted

Attached is Last_Log

*Fixed - I got it to work. Ended up doing a full wipe and reflashed newest build and works fine now. Pretty neat... Thanks Jerry
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 07:24 AM
    Very nice update with the recovery! Iam 100% backside now! No probs whatsoever with new baseband either.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 09:39 AM
    @Jerry

Playing around with the new updater. Went in and selected a rom from sdcard, it verified MD5 and I told it to reboot to install and get following error

Finding Update Package...
    e:unknown volume for path [/mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip]
    e:Can't mount /mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
    Installation Aborted

Attached is Last_Log

*Fixed - I got it to work. Ended up doing a full wipe and reflashed newest build and works fine now. Pretty neat... Thanks Jerry
    @Jerry

Looks like your updater might only like File Manager. Tinkered around and I found the error i was getting from my other post is happening when I tried es file explorer or root browser. Works Great with file manager
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 11:34 AM
    Hey Jerry, you rock! I updated BACKside, then updated my recovery. Link2SD gave me its usual complaints, but I can always get that to work.
    You do excellent work, much appreciated.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 02:15 PM
    @Jerry

Looks like your updater might only like File Manager. Tinkered around and I found the error i was getting from my other post is happening when I tried es file explorer or root browser. Works Great with file manager
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into what's keeping the other file managers from working.
    kwknott likes this.
    04-18-2012 02:26 PM
    Jerry, you've created a ROM manager solely for your ROM! ...
    Actually, I have released it to be used on any Optimus V ROM. No reason not to share!
    kcls likes this.
    04-18-2012 02:27 PM
    thanks for this Jerry! i'll try this tonight when i get home.

i'm guessing this works with new screens as well? i have a friend getting a new OV and he asked me to spice it up for him.
    04-18-2012 03:00 PM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD