07-26-2013 10:00 PM
144 12345 ...
tools
    thanks for this Jerry! i'll try this tonight when i get home.

i'm guessing this works with new screens as well? i have a friend getting a new OV and he asked me to spice it up for him.
    Yes, tested and working fine on all Optimus V screens!
    mjs2011 likes this.
    04-18-2012 03:02 PM
    Flashed CWM-GR and it works!

I really like the use of the "Home" button to select instead of camera. Much smoother. Thanks, Jerry!

Note: I figured out why method 2 (flashing from terminal) didnt work. I tried this from my home directory /mnt/sdcard. You must be in the root directory for flash_image to work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 03:37 PM
    I use root explorer and it works just fine for a file manager
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-18-2012 04:00 PM
    I may just be missing something obvious, but, Jerry, I've been using your recovery since I offered to test it, and I was using the latest version you pm'd me... but, I tried booting into recovery and flashing quattrimus for a change from froyo and it failed me with a status 7 error "could not find build.prop value == thunderc"

I tried downloading aokp and flashing that amd got the same error. I know I've seen this in the amend scripting on the virgin update, so what's going on?

I have flashed froyo and Gingerbread successfully with the recovery, but not ICS. Just to make sure my files weren't corrupt, I flashed the iho recovery 4.x.x.x and aokp flashed without problem.
    Thanks.
    04-18-2012 04:46 PM
    I believe for Quattrimus and AOKP by tdm, he didn't sign the packages. Try flashing with signature verification turned off.
    04-18-2012 07:35 PM
    I believe for Quattrimus and AOKP by tdm, he didn't sign the packages. Try flashing with signature verification turned off.
    I had it turned off... that's the weird thing. I wouldn't worry about what I said though unless someone else confirms a problem. You never know what crazy thibg I may have done wrong. I'm using the iho recovery now anyway just so I can be sure of no glitches.

One other thing... maybe I never had this because I was on CWM 3.0.2.1 since July until recently, but now when I power into recovery, the lg logo flashes (normal) then dissapears (normal) then another red/pink LG logo flashes up (not normal) before it enters recovery. I have never seen this before on a recovery and I see it after booting your backside recovery and the latest iho recovery. Is it supposed to be there, and it just wasn't there with clockwork?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-2012 10:07 PM
    The LGE logos are part of the init process, and are taken from the fb block. Not sure why it didn't show up previously, but it could have been a race condition with other init processes.
    04-19-2012 12:34 AM
    ummm.......this is ackward......
    04-19-2012 07:01 AM
    04-19-2012 07:04 AM
    Thread cleaned.. Continue on
    anthonycr, JerryScript and kwknott like this.
    04-19-2012 08:53 AM
    I have a question I'm on an old old BACKside-IHO build can I install CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install and update to most recent ROM from there or do I have to flash the newest ROM first?
    04-19-2012 03:53 PM
    I would recommend installing the latest version of the ROM first, then using that to install the new recovery. The new ROM makes it almost effortless to install the recovery.
    04-19-2012 05:29 PM
    I have a question I'm on an old old BACKside-IHO build can I install CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install and update to most recent ROM from there or do I have to flash the newest ROM first?
    You have to flash a BACKside IHO ROM before you can use the AutoUpdate, that function is inside the Android ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2012 05:39 PM
    No, you don't. You can replace the apk in current ROM and update from it.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-19-2012 06:03 PM
    Oh my bad, I didn't even read the first part of dude's post :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-19-2012 06:18 PM
    this works flawlessly,thank you jerry. :thumbup:
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-19-2012 08:50 PM
    FYI- Once you have updated to a ROM with BacksideUpdaterV3.2, you can install CWM-Green-Recovery completely safely. Open the updater, press your menu key, select Show All Versions, then scroll all the way down.

You can just click Install A Recovery, but that method doesn't have md5sum checks to insure the package is not corrupt (I wanted to leave the ability to install any recovery).

Choosing from the Show All Versions menu will give you the download link, and check the downloaded file for the proper md5sum, and if it accidentally was downloaded as a txt file (happens all the time on phones), it will change it to an img file automatically.
    04-20-2012 01:51 AM
    You can just click Install A Recovery, but that method doesn't have md5sum checks to insure the package is not corrupt (I wanted to leave the ability to install any recovery).

Choosing from the Show All Versions menu will give you the download link, and check the downloaded file for the proper md5sum, and if it accidentally was downloaded as a txt file (happens all the time on phones), it will change it to an img file automatically.
    Very, VERY nice!
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-20-2012 01:58 AM
    [NOTE]Small bug in BacksideUpdater I wanted to let everyone know I'm already fixing:

Bug: sometimes the display window appears blank, hiding the android logo

Cause: large amount of text being replaced by small amount, and gravity not set

Workaround: if black box appears over the android logo with no text, flick it up to scroll the hidden text into view

Status: fixed in code, should work properly in next release
    [/NOTE]
    04-20-2012 02:53 AM
    Need some opinions:

I'm working on the automatic backup process, and I'm trying to decide if I should include wiping cache/dalvik before making the nandroid backup. I always wipe cache/dalvik before I make a nandriod, because it makes the backups smaller, and the backup and restore processes are faster. First boot after restoring a wiped backup takes as long as first boot after flashing a ROM update/install.

I don't see any reason not to wipe cache/dalvik before an automatic backup, but would like opinions.
    04-20-2012 05:10 AM
    I always wipe caches before a backup
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-20-2012 07:09 AM
    Jerry: I was always on the fence myself about whether to wipe cache and dalvik before nandroid, for the exact pros & cons reasons you mention.

I guess when testing and messing around, sometimes it's nice to preserve an exact backup including cache & dalvik - warts and all.

But for typical ROM updates, I think wiping makes sense.

Edit: I see, I am sorry. Not sure what for, but nevertheless...
    04-20-2012 08:27 AM
    Need some opinions:

I'm working on the automatic backup process, and I'm trying to decide if I should include wiping cache/dalvik before making the nandroid backup. I always wipe cache/dalvik before I make a nandriod, because it makes the backups smaller, and the backup and restore processes are faster. First boot after restoring a wiped backup takes as long as first boot after flashing a ROM update/install.

I don't see any reason not to wipe cache/dalvik before an automatic backup, but would like opinions.
    i always do the wipe process before backup. makes sense to do it for smaller backup size,as for first boot times,i dont see a few extra seconds at first boot upon restore as a big issue.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-20-2012 09:00 AM
    Wiping would work for me just fine. Great that you are working on this.
    It might be nice to be given the option for those rare times you want the dalvik and files cache.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-20-2012 11:36 AM
    Also when backups get bad md5 sums its usually in the cache partition that it occurs. I had the issue a couple times but I haven't had any problems since I started wiping caches before backup

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2012 12:54 PM
144 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD