07-26-2013 10:00 PM
144 ... 23456
tools
    There is no reason not to wipe it first.

Dalvik will rebuild itself if there is an issue and cache does so as you work.
    04-20-2012 04:36 PM
    Recovery issue: I have had no problems with the new BACKside, but still would like ICS. I have been reading that the AOKP version has working wireless (I am wireless only) so I downloaded it and proceeded to go through the complete wipe and flash. Wiping was no problem, but I was unable to flash the ROM. I am going to try going back to the stock one used for the radio and see if that works.

[edit] bad md5 sum, my bad. Sorry 'bout that...
    04-20-2012 05:35 PM
    I may just be missing something obvious, but, Jerry, I've been using your recovery since I offered to test it, and I was using the latest version you pm'd me... but, I tried booting into recovery and flashing quattrimus for a change from froyo and it failed me with a status 7 error "could not find build.prop value == thunderc"

I tried downloading aokp and flashing that amd got the same error. I know I've seen this in the amend scripting on the virgin update, so what's going on?

I have flashed froyo and Gingerbread successfully with the recovery, but not ICS. Just to make sure my files weren't corrupt, I flashed the iho recovery 4.x.x.x and aokp flashed without problem.
    Thanks.
    quattrimus want to see thunderc in the default.prop. this recovery shows thunderc_VM670. working on fixing this in mine (its a simle fix, but my phone doesnt like it when i unpack then repack stuff)
    04-21-2012 08:24 PM
    quattrimus want to see thunderc in the default.prop. this recovery shows thunderc_VM670. working on fixing this in mine (its a simle fix, but my phone doesnt like it when i unpack then repack stuff)
    That shouldn't be too difficult to fix when building from source. I'll try to have it fixed in V3.3 due out mon-tues.
    04-21-2012 09:17 PM
    I'm working on the automatic backup/restore functions, and realized I'm changing things ROM Manager probably uses. I believe I've made the appropriate changes so that it will fail gracefully with CWM-Green, but I'm not 100%.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this before, I've edited the OP with the following:[WARN]
    Do Not Use ROM Manager With CWM-Green!!!
    ROM Manager depends on a particular set of functions in CWM
    CWM-Green may have changed some if not all of these functions!
    This Could Brick Your Phone!
    [/WARN]
    Discovered likes this.
    04-22-2012 02:16 AM
    recovery ruin my sd-ext backup .

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 05:04 PM
    recovery ruin my sd-ext backup .
    Always backup everything before a rom install.

Always backup everything before a recovery change, and AGAIN, after a recover install. Why twice? Because this way you have a backup that you know is compatible with your new recovery.
    04-22-2012 06:29 PM
    Always backup everything before a rom install.

Always backup everything before a recovery change, and AGAIN, after a recover install. Why twice? Because this way you have a backup that you know is compatible with your new recovery.
    yes. i did , but when i restore it cant go though sd-ext part..and i already deleted the previous nandroid backup before i realize .

04-22-2012 07:02 PM
    yes. i did , but when i restore it cant go though sd-ext part..and i already deleted the previous nandroid backup before i realize .

google undelete or revio they can recover your deleted files. Go back to your previous recovery and restore the backup. Problem solved.
    samlin168us likes this.
    04-22-2012 07:48 PM

I reported the same problem to Jerry already.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-2012 07:53 PM
    I did 5 backup/restores last night while testing out the new auto-backup features I'm working on. I had 2 bad md5sum errors related to the sd-ext partition, none on the others. The logs haven't been much help trouble shooting. So I've added a check after the md5sums are generated, to test them against the files. If they don't match, an error will be reported, auto-backup will stop, and the default recovery menu will appear, along with a message telling you what happened, and recommending you re-do the backup manually.

Note- I have made zero changes to the backup code when accessed from the menus, it's pure ClockworkMod.

Sorry for the troubles, but thank you for reporting them!

+1 for LeslieAnn's suggestion for handling backups. I'm a bit less OCD about it. I use TitaniumBackup to backup any recently updated/installed apps, and use ADW's backup/restore feature. I make a backup in recovery once every two weeks to a month. If there are ever any issues, I have a known good backup, and TitaniumBackup's recently saved backups, so there's always a means to recover all apps. Using LeslieAnn's suggestion, you will also have backups of everything else on your phone, such as sms/mms, bookmarks, app settings, etc.
    samlin168us and Discovered like this.
    04-22-2012 09:34 PM
    Beautifully done recovery, Jerry! Well done! And I'm even getting used to all the green! (I think we know what your FAV color is! )
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-23-2012 09:18 AM
    I have a request if possible it would cool to have the ability to name our backup rather than the date if we prefer... I change roms enough that sometimes I can't remember what one I was on for that. backup custom naming them could help a lot

04-23-2012 05:05 PM
    I have a request if possible it would cool to have the ability to name our backup rather than the date if we prefer... I change roms enough that sometimes I can't remember what one I was on for that. backup custom naming them could help a lot

You can do that by renaming the folder in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    04-23-2012 05:10 PM
    Which is a lot easier than enabling a soft-keyboard and input in recovery.

However, I may be able to have BacksideUpdater pass a name for the recovery file, no promises.
    thewraith420 likes this.
    04-23-2012 05:57 PM
    Which is a lot easier than enabling a soft-keyboard and input in recovery.

However, I may be able to have BacksideUpdater pass a name for the recovery file, no promises.
    Yes i actually had in mind through backside updater. i should have been more specific. Thanks
    04-23-2012 06:04 PM
    wont that throw the md5 off and foul up things?
    04-23-2012 06:25 PM
    thats what i thought... so i never tried...
    04-23-2012 06:31 PM
    Nope. The md5sum has nothing to do with the file name or the folder its contained in.
    thewraith420 and EarthnFire78 like this.
    04-23-2012 06:39 PM
    OM IHO now has the Backside Updater, and the install is 90% automatic, the only thing that still needs formatted is the sd-ext, the next update should have a script that does that during install.
    04-23-2012 09:23 PM
    Nope. The md5sum has nothing to do with the file name or the folder its contained in.
    Actually it always ruins my backups with the md5 mismatch. Not sure why though
    04-23-2012 09:30 PM
    md5sum are handled differently with image files, the md5sum is embedded into the file name. But you can get the md5sum form the image file and copy/paste the new md5sum in the md5 file the recovery writes, just make sure your use Unix format doing so.
    04-23-2012 09:46 PM
    If you rename backup folders, just make sure you have no spaces or other funny characters. Otherwise you WILL get MD5 errors. If you stick to letters, digits and underscores, it works no problem.
    04-23-2012 09:47 PM
    The question is, why are some people getting bad md5sums?

Right now, I'm torn between sdcard r/w errors and a race condition.
    04-24-2012 01:24 AM
    The question is, why are some people getting bad md5sums?

Right now, I'm torn between sdcard r/w errors and a race condition.
    I don't think any of your changes did anything (on my modified touch recovery with your changes I haven't had any issues)
    Hope that helps, probably won't..
    04-24-2012 01:51 AM
144 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD