07-26-2013 09:00 PM
144 ... 456
tools
    anyway to put the backside updater into my Mirage IHO rom I am current running and have to download the latest backside, and do a fully clean install?

I still can't get my recovery or boot logo/animations to show. I would be nice to be able to flash a new version.
    05-11-2012 12:10 AM
    You can try using ADB to push it to /system/app from your PC, don't copy it from your sdcard. Then reboot, and try opening it. If it crashes right away, use a root file manager and make sure it's permissions are the same as other apks in the system/app folder. If it opens, press your menu key and select Other, then select Install Other ROM or Theme, and choose the update zip file you want to try. The tricky part is the reboot command may fail. Regardless, it should still write the boot command, so if it fails or force closes when you try to do anything related to rebooting from the BacksideUpdater, go ahead and reboot and see if it works. Let us know.

note- you may have to use a root file manager to install it after pushing it to /system/app/BacksideUpdater.apk
    drezliok and A-android-B like this.
    05-11-2012 03:21 AM
    You can try using ADB to push it to /system/app from your PC, don't copy it from your sdcard. Then reboot, and try opening it. If it crashes right away, use a root file manager and make sure it's permissions are the same as other apks in the system/app folder. If it opens, press your menu key and select Other, then select Install Other ROM or Theme, and choose the update zip file you want to try. The tricky part is the reboot command may fail. Regardless, it should still write the boot command, so if it fails or force closes when you try to do anything related to rebooting from the BacksideUpdater, go ahead and reboot and see if it works. Let us know.

note- you may have to use a root file manager to install it after pushing it to /system/app/BacksideUpdater.apk
    Anyone want to guinea pig this for me? Since I cannot use my recovery due to my screen (new screen on older phone) I don't want to the flash to fail and basically brick my phone.
    05-11-2012 08:14 AM
    Anyone want to guinea pig this for me? Since I cannot use my recovery due to my screen (new screen on older phone) I don't want to the flash to fail and basically brick my phone.
    I have both screen drivers included in CWM-Green-recovery, but you still get a black screen?
    05-11-2012 11:50 PM
    I have both screen drivers included in CWM-Green-recovery, but you still get a black screen?
    He has a frankinphone. I read the thread he had on it. Its a 2.2.1 phone with an os screen...or is it om now... either way not a normal setup

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2012 12:33 AM
    He has a frankinphone. I read the thread he had on it. Its a 2.2.1 phone with an os screen...or is it om now... either way not a normal setup

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup, it's a Optimus S screen. For some reason. I don't get the LG logo, boot screen, boot animation, fastboot, or recovery.

If I tired this method out I'd be flashing blind. A volunteer to test could be able to fix it because they have the modder's holy Trinity of recovery, rom, and fastboot. I only can access 1 of three, the rom.

Sent from my Hybrid Sprint OV Running Mirage.
    05-12-2012 03:00 AM
    Yup, it's a Optimus S screen. For some reason. I don't get the LG logo, boot screen, boot animation, fastboot, or recovery.

If I tired this method out I'd be flashing blind. A volunteer to test could be able to fix it because they have the modder's holy Trinity of recovery, rom, and fastboot. I only can access 1 of three, the rom.

Sent from my Hybrid Sprint OV Running Mirage.
    long shot. but seeing as it does have an S screen,might flashing using a flash method for the S work versus using a flash method for the V? it seems the roms are compatible for the most part,maybe the S recovery system for flashing,etc could get you flashed without not being able to see.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2012 12:10 PM
    long shot. but seeing as it does have an S screen,might flashing using a flash method for the S work versus using a flash method for the V? it seems the roms are compatible for the most part,maybe the S recovery system for flashing,etc could get you flashed without not being able to see.

I don't want to clutter stuff here with my issues aside from my orginal question. There is another thread for that. But yeah, I tried. I think it's a embedded driver looking and not finding what it needs.
    05-12-2012 01:34 PM
    Jerry is it okay if I release a blue version of this recovery? I've posted the changes made on git, all but the png's keep getting errors.
    Encerspay45 and curtis1973 like this.
    05-31-2012 01:13 PM
    Jerry is it okay if I release a blue version of this recovery? I've posted the changes made on git, all but the png's keep getting errors.
    Oooooh!!! I'd install that. And I'd totally flash a "Blue Machine" Theme. :3
    05-31-2012 01:24 PM
    i would use it. :thumbup:

Encerspay45 likes this.
    05-31-2012 02:33 PM
    It is setup for rom's like OM that need the sd-ext partition wiped in order to have successful install, tested and working.
    05-31-2012 02:58 PM
    I've decided to share my recovery seeing as my rom does need a recovery that formats the sd-ext partition if the auto install function is used.
    Encerspay45 likes this.
    05-31-2012 08:24 PM
    I have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. Do I just reboot into recovery and then flash the .img then reboot?

Also should I uninstall ROM Manager first?
    06-03-2012 01:12 PM
    I have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. Do I just reboot into recovery and then flash the .img then reboot?

Also should I uninstall ROM Manager first?
    If you the Backside version you have is from 05022012 or 05222012 then you have the BacksideUpdater app that you can use to flash a new recovery version. If not run this command in terminal.
    Code:
    flash_image recovery /path-to-recovery-image/name-of-recovery.img
    First uninstall ROM Manager and stop using it for the OV.
    06-03-2012 03:03 PM
    I have a similar question to the above poster, that I could use help clarifying before I install. I also have clockwork installed. Will having clockwork installed interfere with installing backside? Do I need to remove clockwork? Will the img just be a complete wipe? I would prefer a complete wipe. If I just need to run flash_image recovery /path-to-recovery-image/name-of-recovery.img how do i get the the terminal or do i use the terminal in clockwork? Thanks.

Edit: I successfully did the term command in term emulator however there was no changes in the behavior of my set.. It still just booted into cyanogen like it normally does.
    06-29-2012 12:14 AM
    Google Flash Image GUI and rename the recovery.img to recovery.img, it is an apk's file that has its own flash_image binary.
    06-29-2012 12:57 AM
    I am running an LG vm670 stock 2.2.1 with the zv4 baseband. Have gingerbreak installed and su access for all Apps. I have no PC access and am trying to install cm9 bobzhome android ics to my handset. Got cwmgreen above but in android terminal emulater it says " flash_image " not found when I type in the command to flash the recovery. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated on the best way to root this baby to ics bobzhome withOUT a PC.
    07-26-2013 08:29 PM
    I am running an LG vm670 stock 2.2.1 with the zv4 baseband. Have gingerbreak installed and su access for all Apps. I have no PC access and am trying to install cm9 bobzhome android ics to my handset. Got cwmgreen above but in android terminal emulater it says " flash_image " not found when I type in the command to flash the recovery. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated on the best way to root this baby to ics bobzhome withOUT a PC.
    Do exactly what the post above you says.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-26-2013 09:00 PM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD