[Recovery] CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, you've created a ROM manager solely for your ROM! This is quite awesome, I must say. It will make me update far more often. I hate rebooting into recovery and worrying I'm going to miss something when flashing an update :p Thanks!

Reactions: JerryScript

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Great recovery! Glad I'm not the only one that didn't like using the camera key out of fear of wear. Plus I'm coming from an optimus s and xionia recovery glad to have keys back. Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, Bob's recovery is great to just old habits hard to break.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry

Playing around with the new updater. Went in and selected a rom from sdcard, it verified MD5 and I told it to reboot to install and get following error

Finding Update Package...
e:unknown volume for path [/mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip]
e:Can't mount /mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
Installation Aborted

Attached is Last_Log

*Fixed - I got it to work. Ended up doing a full wipe and reflashed newest build and works fine now. Pretty neat... Thanks Jerry

Last edited:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry

Playing around with the new updater. Went in and selected a rom from sdcard, it verified MD5 and I told it to reboot to install and get following error

Finding Update Package...
e:unknown volume for path [/mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip]
e:Can't mount /mnt/sdcard/Download/BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
Installation Aborted

Attached is Last_Log

*Fixed - I got it to work. Ended up doing a full wipe and reflashed newest build and works fine now. Pretty neat... Thanks Jerry

@Jerry

Looks like your updater might only like File Manager. Tinkered around and I found the error i was getting from my other post is happening when I tried es file explorer or root browser. Works Great with file manager

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jerry, you rock! I updated BACKside, then updated my recovery. Link2SD gave me its usual complaints, but I can always get that to work.
You do excellent work, much appreciated.:cool:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry

Looks like your updater might only like File Manager. Tinkered around and I found the error i was getting from my other post is happening when I tried es file explorer or root browser. Works Great with file manager

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into what's keeping the other file managers from working. ;)

Reactions: kwknott

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
thanks for this Jerry! i'll try this tonight when i get home.

i'm guessing this works with new screens as well? i have a friend getting a new OV and he asked me to spice it up for him. :)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Flashed CWM-GR and it works!

I really like the use of the "Home" button to select instead of camera. Much smoother. Thanks, Jerry!

Note: I figured out why method 2 (flashing from terminal) didnt work. I tried this from my home directory /mnt/sdcard. You must be in the root directory for flash_image to work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I may just be missing something obvious, but, Jerry, I've been using your recovery since I offered to test it, and I was using the latest version you pm'd me... but, I tried booting into recovery and flashing quattrimus for a change from froyo and it failed me with a status 7 error "could not find build.prop value == thunderc"

I tried downloading aokp and flashing that amd got the same error. I know I've seen this in the amend scripting on the virgin update, so what's going on?

I have flashed froyo and Gingerbread successfully with the recovery, but not ICS. Just to make sure my files weren't corrupt, I flashed the iho recovery 4.x.x.x and aokp flashed without problem.
Thanks.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe for Quattrimus and AOKP by tdm, he didn't sign the packages. Try flashing with signature verification turned off.

I had it turned off... that's the weird thing. I wouldn't worry about what I said though unless someone else confirms a problem. You never know what crazy thibg I may have done wrong. I'm using the iho recovery now anyway just so I can be sure of no glitches.

One other thing... maybe I never had this because I was on CWM 3.0.2.1 since July until recently, but now when I power into recovery, the lg logo flashes (normal) then dissapears (normal) then another red/pink LG logo flashes up (not normal) before it enters recovery. I have never seen this before on a recovery and I see it after booting your backside recovery and the latest iho recovery. Is it supposed to be there, and it just wasn't there with clockwork?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The LGE logos are part of the init process, and are taken from the fb block. Not sure why it didn't show up previously, but it could have been a race condition with other init processes.