[Recovery] CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Seriously....The only thing I have been able to do is get my phone to do is get a blue screen then I hold home-voice search-power. I haven't been able to get it to boot into recovery mode... Can somebody help me please?:(

you need to flash this from your recovery again. redownload it,do a new wipe and install : http://www.mediafire.com/?ajueee33pkom16a

sounds like you may either have a bad download or have downloaded a recovery and have it confused with the actual iho rom. i hope you get it working property :thumbup:

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not able to get into recovery. I can get to fastboot by pressing home-voice search-power. All i get is the LG screen. Is there anyway for me to flash a recovery without beingg in recovery mode?:p

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not able to get into recovery. I can get to fastboot by pressing home-voice search-power. All i get is the LG screen. Is there anyway for me to flash a recovery without beingg in recovery mode?:p
I would use Jerry's recovery posted here in place of what that guy suggests. Just rename the file to recovery.img and follow his instructions.
How to fix LG Optimus V Fastboot Issues

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
ok....I'm trying to use "How th fix LG Optimus V Fastboot Issues" to fix my phone.....got everything installed i needed. Tried to erase recovery and I get a message: FAILED <command write failed <unknown error>>........What am i doing wrong?:confused:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ok....I'm trying to use "How th fix LG Optimus V Fastboot Issues" to fix my phone.....got everything installed i needed. Tried to erase recovery and I get a message: FAILED ........What am i doing wrong?:confused:

What about emergency mode?
Back + volume down + power

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
anyway to put the backside updater into my Mirage IHO rom I am current running and have to download the latest backside, and do a fully clean install?

I still can't get my recovery or boot logo/animations to show. I would be nice to be able to flash a new version.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You can try using ADB to push it to /system/app from your PC, don't copy it from your sdcard. Then reboot, and try opening it. If it crashes right away, use a root file manager and make sure it's permissions are the same as other apks in the system/app folder. If it opens, press your menu key and select Other, then select Install Other ROM or Theme, and choose the update zip file you want to try. The tricky part is the reboot command may fail. Regardless, it should still write the boot command, so if it fails or force closes when you try to do anything related to rebooting from the BacksideUpdater, go ahead and reboot and see if it works. Let us know. ;)

note- you may have to use a root file manager to install it after pushing it to /system/app/BacksideUpdater.apk

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You can try using ADB to push it to /system/app from your PC, don't copy it from your sdcard. Then reboot, and try opening it. If it crashes right away, use a root file manager and make sure it's permissions are the same as other apks in the system/app folder. If it opens, press your menu key and select Other, then select Install Other ROM or Theme, and choose the update zip file you want to try. The tricky part is the reboot command may fail. Regardless, it should still write the boot command, so if it fails or force closes when you try to do anything related to rebooting from the BacksideUpdater, go ahead and reboot and see if it works. Let us know. ;)

note- you may have to use a root file manager to install it after pushing it to /system/app/BacksideUpdater.apk

Anyone want to guinea pig this for me? Since I cannot use my recovery due to my screen (new screen on older phone) I don't want to the flash to fail and basically brick my phone.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone want to guinea pig this for me? Since I cannot use my recovery due to my screen (new screen on older phone) I don't want to the flash to fail and basically brick my phone.

I have both screen drivers included in CWM-Green-recovery, but you still get a black screen?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have both screen drivers included in CWM-Green-recovery, but you still get a black screen?

He has a frankinphone. I read the thread he had on it. Its a 2.2.1 phone with an os screen...or is it om now... either way not a normal setup

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
He has a frankinphone. I read the thread he had on it. Its a 2.2.1 phone with an os screen...or is it om now... either way not a normal setup

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, it's a Optimus S screen. For some reason. I don't get the LG logo, boot screen, boot animation, fastboot, or recovery.

If I tired this method out I'd be flashing blind. A volunteer to test could be able to fix it because they have the modder's holy Trinity of recovery, rom, and fastboot. I only can access 1 of three, the rom.

Sent from my Hybrid Sprint OV Running Mirage.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it's a Optimus S screen. For some reason. I don't get the LG logo, boot screen, boot animation, fastboot, or recovery.

If I tired this method out I'd be flashing blind. A volunteer to test could be able to fix it because they have the modder's holy Trinity of recovery, rom, and fastboot. I only can access 1 of three, the rom.

Sent from my Hybrid Sprint OV Running Mirage.

long shot. but seeing as it does have an S screen,might flashing using a flash method for the S work versus using a flash method for the V? it seems the roms are compatible for the most part,maybe the S recovery system for flashing,etc could get you flashed without not being able to see.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
long shot. but seeing as it does have an S screen,might flashing using a flash method for the S work versus using a flash method for the V? it seems the roms are compatible for the most part,maybe the S recovery system for flashing,etc could get you flashed without not being able to see.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I don't want to clutter stuff here with my issues aside from my orginal question. There is another thread for that. But yeah, I tried. I think it's a embedded driver looking and not finding what it needs.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. Do I just reboot into recovery and then flash the .img then reboot?

Also should I uninstall ROM Manager first?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have ClockworkMod 3..2.0.1 that I had installed from ROM Manager like a LONG time ago. Do I just reboot into recovery and then flash the .img then reboot?

Also should I uninstall ROM Manager first?

If you the Backside version you have is from 05022012 or 05222012 then you have the BacksideUpdater app that you can use to flash a new recovery version. If not run this command in terminal.
Code:
[SIZE="3"]flash_image recovery /path-to-recovery-image/name-of-recovery.img[/SIZE]
First uninstall ROM Manager and stop using it for the OV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca