I was wondering..

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Could I set up two phones on one virgin mobile account, like how landlines are set up. I've heard someone managed to do this. If so, I would like to know how, to try it out you know?

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I still get the voicemail notification on my second virgin mobile phone (Optimus Slider) so it's like somehow still connected to my number I would assume.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Possible, yes, but also illegal. I'm guessing your Slider has a voicemail notification because when it was deactivated you had a voicemail and it has never heard otherwise from VMs system that they've been listened to? Just a guess

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

gladesofsummer

GladesofSummer
Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Possible, yes, but also illegal. I'm guessing your Slider has a voicemail notification because when it was deactivated you had a voicemail and it has never heard otherwise from VMs system that they've been listened to? Just a guess

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Illegal? Oh... HMMMM. And I'm absolutely sure they are new notifications for voicemail.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Illegal? Oh... HMMMM. And I'm absolutely sure they are new notifications for voicemail.

Yeah I think you have to make the mein or meid or something like that the same on both phones, which is essentially lying to the companies. I know people have done it, but if you ever had both phones operating at the same time, I think that's the problem.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Could I set up two phones on one virgin mobile account, like how landlines are set up. I've heard someone managed to do this. If so, I would like to know how, to try it out you know?

You should be able to do this using Google voice, just set it up from a computer and install GrooveIP, which is free. Perfectly legal. Many of us with non-activated phones use that instead of regular cell service.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think you have to make the mein or meid or something like that the same on both phones, which is essentially lying to the companies. I know people have done it, but if you ever had both phones operating at the same time, I think that's the problem.

Virgin doesn't care if two phones connect with the same number according to those who have done it.

The problem is changing ENS and MEID is illegal in some states and some carriers do have issues with multiple phones using the same numbers because they fear you may be a victim of fraud, not because of problems. The cell system itself is designed for multiple logins from the same phone, which happens as you go from one tower to the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome