Factory Reset Bootloop

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I have finally run into this problem that I have heard several people talk about: the phone factory resetting on boot. Its a very peculiar happening I must say, and it was odd how it occured.

What happened:
I taught one of my friends (who doesn't have an android) how to boot into and navigate recovery on my phone. He's kinda a jerk at times, so when I was sitting ther doing calc 2 homework in the library, he booted into recovery and wiped cache and did a factory reset because he had put a screen lock on and he didn't remember it. I was aggravated because its a pain to have to reinstall apps and its annoying when you get a text and don't remember what you said. Sooooo, I rebooted..... ..... ..... waiting.... ..... .... waiting.... .... it froze. Grrrrrrr, I pulled the battery and booted again. This time it booted into the OS (bumblebee) and of course everything was gone. I then proceeded to reinstall everything and such. Half an hour later, I'm sitting in math on my phone and it froze for some reason or something, anyway, th result was that I had to power it off and then back on. It booted fine, but upon boot, everything was wiped again (whatttttt). I was incredulous, it wasn't even like I did anything. Actually only data was wiped from everything.

I wake up this morning and turn my phone off after it had charged all night. It got stuck on boot. So I pulled the battery and when I booted.... everything was wiped again, like a factory reset had been done only my apps were still there.

I know others have had this problem so I thought I would give a report on what occured to me.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What I would try
When you turn your phone on install custom recovery if your rooted and after doing that and boot recovery u lose everything once again
Then download another rom or reflash bumblebee but try instaling a different rom and see if it does it on there if does I may have more info just report back

Ginger Rom
Hydro kernel
808mhz
Amphetimas
8gb sd

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Most importantly, I think you need to stab your friend in the urethra for messing with your phone without knowing what he was doing.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Most importantly, I think you need to stab your friend in the urethra for messing with your phone without knowing what he was doing.

Hahaha I knew he was gonna do it, I didn't know it would freeze stuff up.

I reflashed bumblebee and the problem disappeared, but I just find it curious that factory reset and cache wipe caused a bootloop.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2