Hello, I'm currently in Recovery Mode on my Optimus V, trying to flash a custom kernel.
    I'm a total noob, anyone want to help me out on what I should do to flash it?
    I tried clicking "install zip from SD card" but it didn't do anything but show the ClockWorkMod logo, then I had to go back to the original menu. Help???
    Thanks in advance.
    04-21-2012 12:55 PM
    Hello, I'm currently in Recovery Mode on my Optimus V, trying to flash a custom kernel.
    I'm a total noob, anyone want to help me out on what I should do to flash it?
    I tried clicking "install zip from SD card" but it didn't do anything but show the ClockWorkMod logo, then I had to go back to the original menu. Help???
    Thanks in advance.
    If it shows the CWM logo alone with no menu, most likely you have the Bobzhome recovery and simply pressed the Home button. In this recovery you must use the Camera button to select, which will bring up the correct menu.

As an alternative, if u find the camera button a little vexing (as I personally do), you can flash JerryScripts CWM Green recovery which uses the Home key as select.

Hope this helps you

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2012 02:24 PM
    Here's a link to JerryScript's CWM Green recovery. Enjoy

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...o-install.html

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2012 02:28 PM
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM - xda-developers

Flash the recovery in this forum. While you're at it, you might as well install a custom rom. Follow the directions word for word if you decide to do that. If you only decide to flash the recovery go to the Install custom recovery image section in this forum.
    04-21-2012 02:33 PM
    Flash image GUI from the play store will work as well...be sure to clear both caches though and backup before trying a new ROM
    04-21-2012 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD