05-10-2012 05:34 AM
75 123
tools
    Yeah... I discovered this forum after I factory reset it...
    I'm a member of other Android forums, and every guide I've read says the same thing: do not factory reset after rooting. Do not use ROM manager on OV, it doesn't fully flash. Make a Nandroid backup.
    04-22-2012 04:57 PM
    I'm sorry. I hadn't ever run into it while learning to root phone (odd)

I've learned my lesson, now I just want to fix it...
    04-22-2012 05:22 PM
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this? Is there any more solutions out there?
    jbeatteay likes this.
    04-22-2012 08:31 PM
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this? Is there any more solutions out there?
    There are threads all over the place. Check the stickies them go to the getting started thread. Everything is right there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2012 08:38 PM
    Don't worry, you can recover your phone, it's just going to take some time and patience.

To get ADB working, check the stickies in this forum, they have step by step instructions. ADB is simply a means of using a command window to control your phone.

Once you have ADB installed, you will boot your phone into recovery, then hook it up to your computer. On your computer, (W7/XP) press your start button, then type in cmd and press enter. A command window should open up. Now look at where ADB was installed (usually the adb folder /platform-tools). You need to "cd" into that directory. So if it's C:\android-sdk\platform-tools, type in:
    Code:
    cd c:\android-sdk\platform-tools
    adb shell
    ADB should start up, then once it connects to your phone, you should see a different prompt. Now exit the shell by typing in exit and pressing return. You should now be back to the normal command prompt.

Download the flash_image binary, the xionia recovery img file, and the ROM zip file you want to use (and gapps in needed) and place them all on your sdcard by using the ADB push command:
    (Note- only the ROM and gapps should be zip files, the flash_image binary has no extension, and xionia should be an img file)
    Code:
    adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/flash_image
    adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.img
    adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_ROM.zip
    adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_GAPPS.zip
    Now, type in adb remount. If this succeeds, you are still rooted, a good thing. If it fails, stop now and see note at end of post.

Now you will install the flash_image binary, and use it to flash the xionia recovery image to your phone, then reboot so it can fix the bootloop issue.
    Code:
    adb shell
    mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 0777 0655 /system/bin/flash_image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA.img
    exit

adb reboot recovery
    Note- the last line is typed in the normal command window after exiting the ADB shell.
    If you get errors at any step, it's probably due to not having root, post the errors so we can help.

Now, if everything worked, you'll be in xionia recovery. In here, you should wipe cache, then under advanced wipe dalvik-cache, then under mounts you should format boot, system, data, and cache.

Now go back to the main menu, and choose to install zip from sdcard. First install the ROM zip, then do the same steps to flash the gapps zip.

Now go back to the main menu, and reboot. Be patient, the first boot after doing all this may take a long time (rebuilding files). If the phone doesn't boot up after 10 full minutes, let us know.
    [NOTE]If any of this fails, please use the forum's thread search feature. Click on one of the sticky threads, then near the top right, you'll see the link to search the thread. I recommend choosing show posts.

If you can't find the solution, let us know and we will attempt to help out.

The reason some people are being hostile is because all of this information has been posted over and over and over, and is included in the stickied threads. You may be new to these types of forums, and not be aware of the wealth of information available in most forum's stickied posts. Check them out, read them all the way through, and soon you'll be the one answering questions around here! [/NOTE]
    riggerman and jodokastlwc like this.
    04-22-2012 09:02 PM
    Once more, Jerry to the rescue.
    04-22-2012 10:10 PM
    I think during my experimental process I unrooted my phone. On adb when I type in "adb shell" I get this as my next line
    ~#
    and then any command I give, it returns. I'm currently looking around the forums to try to reroot my phone while in recovery mode, is that what I need to do next?
    04-23-2012 06:26 AM
    What is the reason for the install aborting? There should be a status error reason.
    04-23-2012 02:31 PM
    I think during my experimental process I unrooted my phone. On adb when I type in "adb shell" I get this as my next line
    ~#
    and then any command I give, it returns. I'm currently looking around the forums to try to reroot my phone while in recovery mode, is that what I need to do next?
    "~#" means that you are in recovery mood, the instructions Jerry gave you you phone needs to be booted into your home screen. Plus factory reset does not unroot your phone, as everything need for root is installed in the system partition.
    04-23-2012 02:37 PM
    What is the reason for the install aborting? There should be a status error reason.
    Sometimes I get (Status 0) but most of the time it just says "Installation aborted."
    04-23-2012 05:57 PM
    That is because you are trying to flash a zip without an update-binary and updater-script. Those files need to be copied and flashed while the phone is booted into your home screen.
    04-23-2012 06:25 PM
    I can't boot to my home screen, though. Whenever my phone is turned on, it loads the recovery and I can't leave it.
    04-23-2012 07:22 PM
    Do you have Android Platform-Tools installed and have you ever used it? If so then this is what you are looking for.

break recovery boot loop.
    04-23-2012 07:31 PM
    Is my timing still way off?
    I keep doing it and I either get,
    "error: device not found" or
    "/sbin/sh:flash_eraseall: not found
    /sbin/sh: adb: not found"

By the way:
    does it matter that mine loads to clockworkmod recovery, not the stock recovery?
    04-23-2012 07:44 PM
    Is my timing still way off?
    I keep doing it and I either get,
    "error: device not found" or
    "/sbin/sh:flash_eraseall: not found
    /sbin/sh: adb: not found"

By the way:
    does it matter that mine loads to clockworkmod recovery, not the stock recovery?
    I would imagine when I had this issue and was told many times that the modded recovery is a bit better as you can flash whatever you want with it.
    04-23-2012 07:55 PM
    Like flash through recovery mode/adb? Neither have let me flash...
    04-23-2012 07:59 PM
    try using fastboot to flash the recovery.

as long as you can boot into recovery you can boot into bootloader [blue screen].

Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<name of recovery>.img
    Name the recovery image to "a.img" and place it in the same directory that fastboot is in that way all you have to enter is:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery a.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Rocka210 likes this.
    04-23-2012 08:14 PM
    If he has the same problem I had his bootloader might be borked too :/
    Try it anyway.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 08:25 PM
    THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU FIXED IT
    LIKED AND THANKED~

This can be closed now
    04-23-2012 08:27 PM
    Guess his bootloader was good XD
    grats on the fix dude. What did you learn? :P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 08:28 PM
    Glad I can help
    Rocka210 likes this.
    04-23-2012 08:30 PM
    I learned a lot xD
    Should I not use ROM manager? If so what should I use?
    04-23-2012 08:31 PM
    Please for the love of all that is holy read the reference guide top to bottom (the stickie by leslieann)
    Always remember to make nandroid backups

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
    04-23-2012 08:34 PM
    Just stay away form ROM Manager, there are I think three IHO ROMS that use Backside Updater, but you need the Green Recovery for those. With my IHO ROM I'm working on away that the update-install is automatic, meaning that using the Backside Updater to reboot into recovery and any of the new recoveries well work.

Before you flash an IHO ROM read the stickies on rooting, recoveries, and custom ROMS.
    04-23-2012 08:52 PM
    Please for the love of all that is holy read the reference guide top to bottom (the stickie by leslieann)
    Always remember to make nandroid backups

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
    This guy doesn't read. He just comes on and whines until some trusting person like earthnfire helps him. Go a few posts up, you'll see from his answers exactly what I mean.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 09:51 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD