05-10-2012 05:34 AM
75 123
tools
    This guy doesn't read. He just comes on and whines until some trusting person like earthnfire helps him. Go a few posts up, you'll see from his answers exactly what I mean.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    You have a real poor attitude, and you must be a very bad judge of human behavior.

He is new, just rooted his (most likely not reading everything he could have) and did something that he found out later was a BIG NO NO and asked for help. Most people when the need help with something do not search over the thousands post there are about the topic at hand, most well ask directly then we lead them to the place to go.

He read enough to install Platform_Tools and use Fastboot, so yes he did read. Four months ago I did not know anything beside the part about not using Privacy/Factory Reset menu, but also the post about factory reset and ROM Manager were still pretty active.

The forum is about helping people get the most out of their OV, and helping people when they run into trouble; if you cannot do either then you should not visit or be apart of such forums.
    04-24-2012 12:26 AM
    You have a real poor attitude, and you must be a very bad judge of human behavior.

He is new, just rooted his (most likely not reading everything he could have) and did something that he found out later was a BIG NO NO and asked for help. Most people when the need help with something do not search over the thousands post there are about the topic at hand, most well ask directly then we lead them to the place to go.

He read enough to install Platform_Tools and use Fastboot, so yes he did read. Four months ago I did not know anything beside the part about not using Privacy/Factory Reset menu, but also the post about factory reset and ROM Manager were still pretty active.

The forum is about helping people get the most out of their OV, and helping people when they run into trouble; if you cannot do either then you should not visit or be apart of such forums.
    And you completely ignored what I said. If you read a few posts up, you will see that others did help and point him to useful threads and information. But he didn't provide any proof of actually reading that information on his own, instead he repeatedly posted and expected someone to hold his hand through the process. If that's how you think the forums should operate, fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion ok? But before you go making false accusations, I'd appreciate it if you at least looked at the facts, first.

Thank you, and hope u have a nice day.

04-24-2012 10:58 AM
    You truly do have a poor attitude droid. So the problem here is that he is scared. He messed up his phone because he wasn't careful. I don't about you but I have only dabbled so much with ABD and it's actually confusing (only because I have messed with android much yet).

He encountered issues and went through the correct protocols to get the job done. And now he is enjoying the most out of his own device. Granted he learned a valuable lesson and that is to read before you head into uncharted territory. So I will respect your opinion but here is mine sir, and that is just that you need to be a little bit more understanding to those that are new in need of some help and understanding.
    04-24-2012 08:24 PM
    Ohh, I have a poor attitude because... U kno wat? nvr mind, I dont even care anymore...

I'm out, yall can do whatever the heck u want. Im just trying to explain sth legitimate and all u guys judge me for that...

So I wont even try to explain anything anymore, hope u r happy now.

04-24-2012 08:37 PM
    You truly do have a poor attitude droid. So the problem here is that he is scared. He messed up his phone because he wasn't careful. I don't about you but I have only dabbled so much with ABD and it's actually confusing (only because I have messed with android much yet).

He encountered issues and went through the correct protocols to get the job done. And now he is enjoying the most out of his own device. Granted he learned a valuable lesson and that is to read before you head into uncharted territory. So I will respect your opinion but here is mine sir, and that is just that you need to be a little bit more understanding to those that are new in need of some help and understanding.
    I agree. I remember right after I rooted my phone that I almost bricked my phone. I've been here, I know the pain, and I know the feeling of not knowing. Its hard to think when you are panicking that you've just broken something that you recently got and don't have money to replace. Especially when you have no idea what adb is... just go to my profile and view my threads and scroll back to the very first threads I posted and see how panicked I was over a very simple issue (all it required was a boot to recovery and a reset). Go, I insist, just because I have 1000+ posts and 100+ thanks doesn't mean I'm an expert, look at those first threads. If you take the time to look at them, you will see how kind and patient the members here were, especially when it was such a noobish problem. I'm sure they'd seen it before.

Even though we get a million "I can't see my recovery" threads... lets NOT be nasty... lets NOT be annoyed... lets NOT turn this forum into xda.

//said my peace
    04-24-2012 08:39 PM
    Yeah thats a good point... Idk why Im just mad that he gets help for something that is plainly obvious, but I guess I have a bad attitude...

04-24-2012 08:41 PM
    lets NOT be nasty... lets NOT be annoyed... lets NOT turn this forum into xda.

//said my peace
    Damn right. Nuttin wrong with a little love, peace, and chicken grease.
    04-24-2012 08:46 PM
    Damn right. Nuttin wrong with a little love, peace, and chicken grease.
    ^ This.
    epicb0dyc0unt likes this.
    04-24-2012 08:49 PM
    Yeah thats a good point... Idk why Im just mad that he gets help for something that is plainly obvious, but I guess I have a bad attitude...

It's okay, we all him out moments of getting mad at the simple things especially when those simple things happen over and over again
    04-24-2012 09:24 PM
    It's okay, we all him out moments of getting mad at the simple things especially when those simple things happen over and over again
    Thank you man and I am sorry I snapped at you I have to work on my anger management I guess.

04-24-2012 09:28 PM
    Thank you man and I am sorry I snapped at you I have to work on my anger management I guess.

Do what you gotta do, just try to keep this place clean, m'kay?

The above goes for everyone. Everyone except Jerry Hildenbrand.
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
    04-24-2012 09:44 PM
    Do what you gotta do, just try to keep this place clean, m'kay?

The above goes for everyone. Everyone except Jerry Hildenbrand.
    I will brah, thanks

Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
    04-24-2012 10:01 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAwzL8HepqE[/YT]
    04-24-2012 10:07 PM
    What exactly is a AC Cowboy? That is a new title for me.
    04-24-2012 10:11 PM
    What exactly is a AC Cowboy? That is a new title for me.
    sort of like a Rhinestone Cowboy, riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo.
    04-24-2012 10:14 PM
    Lol, that's awesome

04-24-2012 10:14 PM
    Well first off your not the only one this happened too. I did the exact same thing to phone and i had to get another phone luckly mine was still in warrenty. i tried pretty much all of it ,but if you can figure it out then post how you did it. AND stay away from ROM manager that's what i did as well.
    04-24-2012 10:15 PM
    sort of like a Rhinestone Cowboy, riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAU3B9Pi_U[/YT]
    Jerry Hildenbrand and Eollie like this.
    04-24-2012 10:15 PM
    LMAO. Is it sad that we're sitting here singing it?

LOL@0:55
    04-24-2012 10:16 PM
    I blame my grammar on my V's auto currect
    04-24-2012 10:19 PM
    Well first off your not the only one this happened too. I did the exact same thing to phone and i had to get another phone luckly mine was still in warrenty. i tried pretty much all of it ,but if you can figure it out then post how you did it. AND stay away from ROM manager that's what i did as well.
    Just give up, the OP already got his phone fixed, and now the BIG SCARY ADMINISTRATORS have... **Oh dare I say it** ...DERAILED THE THREAD *GASP*
    04-24-2012 10:21 PM
    Take a look at the help guide written by LeslieAnn posted at the beginning of this forum. Her work Will help. You'll need the guide How to fix 99% of all ROM problems. If you don't find what you need, look in the one posted above it. I have an old OV running Backside IHO w/ CWM Green Recovery written by Jerry Script. It's listed with the Inferior Human Organs ROM. If you are running Backside, then it's the one you want. Check out LeslieAnn's posts first before you do anything. if you have a newer OV( a 2.2.2 edition) then you'll need the Bobzhome recovery file also listed on the same page with the Backside ROM. (first page). And quit using ROM Manager! I uninstalled it. I use Rom Toolbox which helps with other maintenance issues but once you get your phone fixed, get rid of it!
    04-25-2012 12:21 PM
    LMAO. Is it sad that we're sitting here singing it?

LOL@0:55
    It's even more sad that you're discussing singing "it" on the forums...
    04-25-2012 06:58 PM
    Hello I just bought n android samsung galaxy prevail 3g im trying to find a good free app for hotspot can find one can some one please help
    05-09-2012 10:18 PM
    Hello I just bought n android samsung galaxy prevail 3g im trying to find a good free app for hotspot can find one can some one please help
    Please use your phones respective forum. This is the forum for the LG Optimus v on virgin mobile. Thanks!

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
    05-10-2012 05:34 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD