Please Help.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
try using fastboot to flash the recovery.

as long as you can boot into recovery you can boot into bootloader [blue screen].

Code:
[SIZE="2"]adb reboot-bootloader[/SIZE]

Code:
[SIZE="2"]fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<name of recovery>.img[/SIZE]

Name the recovery image to "a.img" and place it in the same directory that fastboot is in that way all you have to enter is:

Code:
[SIZE="2"]fastboot flash recovery a.img[/SIZE]

Code:
fastboot reboot

Reactions: Rocka210

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Please for the love of all that is holy read the reference guide top to bottom (the stickie by leslieann)
Always remember to make nandroid backups

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just stay away form ROM Manager, there are I think three IHO ROMS that use Backside Updater, but you need the Green Recovery for those. With my IHO ROM I'm working on away that the update-install is automatic, meaning that using the Backside Updater to reboot into recovery and any of the new recoveries well work.

Before you flash an IHO ROM read the stickies on rooting, recoveries, and custom ROMS.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Please for the love of all that is holy read the reference guide top to bottom (the stickie by leslieann)
Always remember to make nandroid backups

just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV

This guy doesn't read. He just comes on and whines until some trusting person like earthnfire helps him. Go a few posts up, you'll see from his answers exactly what I mean.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This guy doesn't read. He just comes on and whines until some trusting person like earthnfire helps him. Go a few posts up, you'll see from his answers exactly what I mean.

You have a real poor attitude, and you must be a very bad judge of human behavior.

He is new, just rooted his (most likely not reading everything he could have) and did something that he found out later was a BIG NO NO and asked for help. Most people when the need help with something do not search over the thousands post there are about the topic at hand, most well ask directly then we lead them to the place to go.

He read enough to install Platform_Tools and use Fastboot, so yes he did read. Four months ago I did not know anything beside the part about not using Privacy/Factory Reset menu, but also the post about factory reset and ROM Manager were still pretty active.

The forum is about helping people get the most out of their OV, and helping people when they run into trouble; if you cannot do either then you should not visit or be apart of such forums.

Reactions: clodfelterac

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You have a real poor attitude, and you must be a very bad judge of human behavior.

He is new, just rooted his (most likely not reading everything he could have) and did something that he found out later was a BIG NO NO and asked for help. Most people when the need help with something do not search over the thousands post there are about the topic at hand, most well ask directly then we lead them to the place to go.

He read enough to install Platform_Tools and use Fastboot, so yes he did read. Four months ago I did not know anything beside the part about not using Privacy/Factory Reset menu, but also the post about factory reset and ROM Manager were still pretty active.

The forum is about helping people get the most out of their OV, and helping people when they run into trouble; if you cannot do either then you should not visit or be apart of such forums.

And you completely ignored what I said. If you read a few posts up, you will see that others did help and point him to useful threads and information. But he didn't provide any proof of actually reading that information on his own, instead he repeatedly posted and expected someone to hold his hand through the process. If that's how you think the forums should operate, fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion ok? But before you go making false accusations, I'd appreciate it if you at least looked at the facts, first.

Thank you, and hope u have a nice day.

Last edited:

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
You truly do have a poor attitude droid. So the problem here is that he is scared. He messed up his phone because he wasn't careful. I don't about you but I have only dabbled so much with ABD and it's actually confusing (only because I have messed with android much yet).

He encountered issues and went through the correct protocols to get the job done. And now he is enjoying the most out of his own device. Granted he learned a valuable lesson and that is to read before you head into uncharted territory. So I will respect your opinion but here is mine sir, and that is just that you need to be a little bit more understanding to those that are new in need of some help and understanding.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ohh, I have a poor attitude because... U kno wat? nvr mind, I dont even care anymore...

I'm out, yall can do whatever the heck u want. Im just trying to explain sth legitimate and all u guys judge me for that...

So I wont even try to explain anything anymore, hope u r happy now.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You truly do have a poor attitude droid. So the problem here is that he is scared. He messed up his phone because he wasn't careful. I don't about you but I have only dabbled so much with ABD and it's actually confusing (only because I have messed with android much yet).

He encountered issues and went through the correct protocols to get the job done. And now he is enjoying the most out of his own device. Granted he learned a valuable lesson and that is to read before you head into uncharted territory. So I will respect your opinion but here is mine sir, and that is just that you need to be a little bit more understanding to those that are new in need of some help and understanding.

I agree. I remember right after I rooted my phone that I almost bricked my phone. I've been here, I know the pain, and I know the feeling of not knowing. Its hard to think when you are panicking that you've just broken something that you recently got and don't have money to replace. Especially when you have no idea what adb is... just go to my profile and view my threads and scroll back to the very first threads I posted and see how panicked I was over a very simple issue (all it required was a boot to recovery and a reset). Go, I insist, just because I have 1000+ posts and 100+ thanks doesn't mean I'm an expert, look at those first threads. If you take the time to look at them, you will see how kind and patient the members here were, especially when it was such a noobish problem. I'm sure they'd seen it before.

Even though we get a million "I can't see my recovery" threads... lets NOT be nasty... lets NOT be annoyed... lets NOT turn this forum into xda.

//said my peace

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thats a good point... Idk why Im just mad that he gets help for something that is plainly obvious, but I guess I have a bad attitude... :(

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thats a good point... Idk why Im just mad that he gets help for something that is plainly obvious, but I guess I have a bad attitude... :(

It's okay, we all him out moments of getting mad at the simple things especially when those simple things happen over and over again :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12