The last time I rooted my Op V I ended up going back to stock rom and unrooting (it didn't really unroot >.>) and I installed the stupid security update.
    Long story short after 5 hours of dealing with it my phone was bricked. I gave up. I bought a new Op V from best buy for 87$.

But now... I just can't deal with stock ROM but I am scared to root and ROM my phone again but I should probably just avoid going to stock ROM ever again huh?
    I just a bit of a confidence boost. What do you guys think?
    04-22-2012 12:59 PM
    Rooting isn't hard, and coming back from bricking isn't hard as well. Mostly, whatever problems there are, they end up getting fixed. :P
    04-22-2012 01:07 PM
    The last time I rooted my Op V I ended up going back to stock rom and unrooting (it didn't really unroot >.>) and I installed the stupid security update.
    Long story short after 5 hours of dealing with it my phone was bricked. I gave up. I bought a new Op V from best buy for 87$.

But now... I just can't deal with stock ROM but I am scared to root and ROM my phone again but I should probably just avoid going to stock ROM ever again huh?
    I just a bit of a confidence boost. What do you guys think?
    I personally think you are overcomplicating it. Rooting simply means to gain root access. Don't think that it is intimidating or scary. With the Gingerbreak.apk, the root exploit is wrapped up in a neat apk package. It's so simple to do, really. One click roots, and another click unroots.

If you make sure you always do a Nandroid backup before flashing or deleting, you'll be fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-2012 01:16 PM
    I am just scared I am gonna make a mistake AGAIN and then be out of a phone XDD
    04-22-2012 01:19 PM
    I am just scared I am gonna make a mistake AGAIN and then be out of a phone XDD
    You know how to enable Android debugging on your phone?

04-22-2012 01:21 PM
    Yep. Well if you mean usb debugging with developmental options yes. And I am also decently acquainted with the ADB on the computer through cmd.
    04-22-2012 01:23 PM
    Yep. Well if you mean usb debugging with developmental options yes. And I am also decently acquainted with the ADB on the computer through cmd.
    Lol. You don't need to be scared at all. You'll do fine. Just for God's sake, don't hit factory reset before you flash a rom, ok?

04-22-2012 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD