Does anyone have a link to where the source code is for any of the IHO kernels is? I've searched, but the only things all I can find are already compiled as zImages or zips (or broken links). Thanks!
    04-23-2012 09:33 PM
    repo from github.
    04-23-2012 09:41 PM
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...ernel_thunderc - iho kernel

https://github.com/BobZhome/android_kernel_thunderc - Bob's kernel (what most iho roms use now)

https://github.com/tvall43/android_kernel_thunderc - my kernel (what my rom uses, based on Bob's with a few patches and tweaks to improve responsiveness)
    Conrail16 and anthonycr like this.
    04-23-2012 09:42 PM
    While we are on it... what code would I input into terminal to repo from the original lg kernel source?
    04-23-2012 09:49 PM
    While we are on it... what code would I input into terminal to repo from the original lg kernel source?
    That's at opensource.lge.com
    04-23-2012 10:18 PM
    I just downloaded your source code for the kernel as a tarball... wow, I'm lost. 300 MB of code makes my head spin, I can't believe someone actually had the time and sanity to write it. I feel like a frog that jumped into the ocean, and to think I don't even know simple linux commands :SMH: maybe I'll learn how to compile it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-2012 11:04 PM
    I just downloaded your source code for the kernel as a tarball... wow, I'm lost. 300 MB of code makes my head spin, I can't believe someone actually had the time and sanity to write it. I feel like a frog that jumped into the ocean, and to think I don't even know simple linux commands :SMH: maybe I'll learn how to compile it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    The Linux kernel was released in the early 1990s and was a few thousand lines of code. 20 years later its now the massive piece of awesome you see.
    To compile it you need a toolchain. You can get this on the prebuilt folder in an android repo.
    To build run
    Code:
    $ ARCH=arm make menuconfig #to configure it
    $ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/bin/arm-eabi- make -j2
    First you should copy the right config to .config (in Bob's and mine its chaos_defconfig, located in arch/arm/configs. Stock is something like thunderc.. something)

And 300mb ain't bad. An android repo is somewhere around 9 or 10 gb
    anthonycr likes this.
    04-23-2012 11:15 PM
    Thanks a ton! Now to get everything to compile correctly...

It would probably be easier if I built on Ubuntu like most other people seem to do, but I do love the stability of Debian, even if it makes tracking down dependencies slightly annoying...
    04-24-2012 12:37 AM
    Thanks a ton! Now to get everything to compile correctly...

It would probably be easier if I built on Ubuntu like most other people seem to do, but I do love the stability of Debian, even if it makes tracking down dependencies slightly annoying...
    I use debian. Hasn't caused me any issues yet.
    04-24-2012 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD