3G fix for Quattrimus for technicilly challenged |thanks cole2kb!

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Flash Alpha 7 or 8 of CM9. (conformed on allpha8 by drm1992)

When it's all booted, open up Play and download ES File Explorer.

Press the Menu key, go into Settings, and check 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount system as r/o writable' (or something like that).

Tap 'Favorites' and click on the little phone icon with a / under it.

Tap the 'system' folder.

Tap 'build.prop' and it will ask you what to open it in, choose ES Note Editor.

Find the line that says "#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendat acall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1"

Delete the #

Press the Menu button, tap 'Save' and reboot your phone.

Done.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: 3G fix for Quattrimus for technicilly challenged |thanks cole

I only advised Alpha 7 because I thought I remembered reading people having issues with Wi-Fi and other things being broken that weren't in A7. If A8 works for you, go for it.

Glad I could be of some help. Credit for the fix goes to eletendre84. Hit the thanks button on this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rom-alpha-quattrimus-ics-269.html#post1714914

edit -- It should be noted that if you are running one of the AOKP builds that doesn't have root access, you'll need to flash those Superuser binaries first, as this requires root.

Reactions: heloworld

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

if people dont beleve me ill flash ICS and do the edit tom see if it workks if it sdoesnt ill get this thread removed

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

The 3g fix does in fact work, ive tryed it in alph 8 and yes it works!! Could you also post jerry mms fix!

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
The 3g fix does in fact work, ive tryed it in alph 8 and yes it works!! Could you also post jerry mms fix!

People have accomplished getting mms to work but i have tried everything and had no luck
But in the apns-conf.xml file in etc
Look for virgin mobile usa and change
mcc=311 and mnc=490
Hope it works

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

does 3G icon turn blue lock on or just like stay grey (connected but weak or unsecure)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

From my usage of CM9, it is SUPPOSED to turn blue, it's a bug in our ROM, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. Rest assured, after applying this fix, you have 3G. Icon or not. :)

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

yeah my buddy has a droid X with ics and it wors so well 3G icon goes blue too

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
4b8ed48c-e4b3-5c3b.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

I only advised Alpha 7 because I thought I remembered reading people having issues with Wi-Fi and other things being broken that weren't in A7. If A8 works for you, go for it.

Glad I could be of some help. Credit for the fix goes to eletendre84. Hit the thanks button on this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...rom-alpha-quattrimus-ics-269.html#post1714914

edit -- It should be noted that if you are running one of the AOKP builds that doesn't have root access, you'll need to flash those Superuser binaries first, as this requires root.

How do you flash the Superuser binaries?:)