Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
So? How did you accomplish that compared to the previous install? (Ya got me droolin', DeWd!)

No idea. I tried flashing everything at once last time. This time I booted after flashing ROM then gapps, then rebooted and flashed kernel and button fix that cole posted. Buuuuut, somewhere down the road I ran into a bootloop so I'm done playing with this. I'll be patient and wait for tdm to work his magic. The camera isn't that important to me and the MMS fix build posted on the quatrimmus thread works so I'm happy.

Reactions: glarepate

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh OK so wat governor should i use

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

I like SmartassV2, but ondemand, interactive, interactivex, SavagedZen (similar to smartass) scary and msm7k will not lock the processor like that.

Here is a good thread that explains the different governors and how they control the processor. Other nice information in there as well.

[REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs - xda-developers

Usually performance is used when you are benchmarking your phone.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I NEED A FIX FOR MMS!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

sent from my icy cold hydromus

Wasn't it something like ...

The fix that you're looking for is on page 72 but for the sake of convenience, I'll just quote it here.
MMS works just fine for me, I'm running on Alpha 7 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try:
- use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone)
- open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad).
- search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mcc to 311 and mnc to 490.
- copy it back to your phone,
- clear cache in the MMS app,
- reboot.

I forget ...

:p

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I NEED A FIX FOR MMS!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

sent from my icy cold hydromus

you can use the workaround:

Download Go SMS, Go to advanced settings>mms settings and tick use manual apn. enter MMSC as
Code:
http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS Proxy as
Code:
and MMS port as
Code:
worked for me :))

Reactions: dbarker1344

konie06

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
the link for the Homekey fix is NOT WORKING. can you please updated a working link so i can continue with this download.. i mean seriously!!

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
the link for the Homekey fix is NOT WORKING. can you please updated a working link so i can continue with this download.. i mean seriously!!

Seriously what? This rom isn't even for the OV, I think some of you need to be a little more appreciative that it even works on your phone at all. Good grief...all this rudeness is getting old.

Reactions: puffen619